I need help from a computer savy person

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I want to take some clips off of You tube and other places and put them onto a DVD. Is this possible? I am trying to make like a montage that lasts maybe 1 min. If it is possible how do you do it? PLEASE HELP :0

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
Real player used to be able to do that.. but some people were not to happy about that feature.. and wanted to force RP to remove it.. I'm not sure who won. but its a place to start

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
Real player used to be able to do that.. but some people were not to happy about that feature.. and wanted to force RP to remove it.. I'm not sure who won. but its a place to start

worldison2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have Windows Media player?
There are options in there that allow you to burn DVD's from just about any source.

ronhudson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bfdlad said:
I want to take some clips off of You tube and other places and put them onto a DVD. Is this possible? I am trying to make like a montage that lasts maybe 1 min. If it is possible how do you do it? PLEASE HELP :0

Replay Media Catcher will grab any type of video and allow you to save it.
Total Video Converter will convert from any format to any other format.
Google the names to find them.

Ron

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
bfdlad said:

Mark,
Go to
http://www.naevius.com/

If you have any other questions about converting video or audio files, give me a call.

223tracer

C-c-combo breaker
Silver Member
I used savevid.com before. it works ok but the quality of most youtube videos suck so they outcome might not be great.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Thank you all so much for your help and input on this question. I am as dumb as a box of rocks with this kind of thing.
I think I have enough info and advice to try and figure my way through what I am trying to do for now. AGAIN I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help a guy who thought that the computer was a fad.

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bfdlad said:

Fire fox has some add on that allow you to download YouTube videos (for free). You probably have to convert them and then burn to a DVD with some DVD burning apps. (there are many)

I know this is not very detailed but it is possible to do what you want once you figure out how to get the youtube video.:grin-square:

Renegade

Consume Mass Quantities!
Silver Member
I use Firefox and have the Video Downloadhelper add-on installed. It can download just about any video from almost any website AND convert it to any format on the fly. Burning them is easy after that.....

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
thats it

thats what I do Renegade .....hell after tonights deal I am so
bummed that I can barely remember how to hit play on a dvd
player :(

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Renegade said:
I use Firefox and have the Video Downloadhelper add-on installed. It can download just about any video from almost any website AND convert it to any format on the fly. Burning them is easy after that.....

Being a techno-idiot I never investigated the add-ons available. That thing is GREAT:grin: :grin: :grin: