If You Could Hang Out with your Mentor, Who would it be?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Eventful and Crazy

Once again, Jack Cooney. What's wrong with you guys? Who has had a more eventful and crazy existence than this man?

Eventful and crazy might not be best for a mentor. My old running buddy had as eventful and crazy a life as anyone I have ever seen. He played pool with a man one afternoon and the man was murdered that night. Bobby was a prime suspect and when they backed off of that they chased him a few more years as a witness that wouldn't(couldn't) talk. That was just one detail though, Bobby got in more trouble sitting on his front porch than most of us could find in a month of Sundays. I had guns pointed at me more in the little bit of time I spent with Bobby than the rest of my life combined! Bobby played excellent pool too but I was so close behind him he never really mentored me.

I passed on an offer to hit the road with Danny Medina in the mid-eighties. Didn't know who he was or what he was when he offered. I did the smart thing and stayed home where I had a good deal but I've always regretted the decision a little.

Hu

bigg7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nick varner

When I was 17 I met Nick Varner and he was really nice to this nobody c player and I think if it were not for Efren he would be the best all around player I,ve ever seen.I,ve met enough crazy people so Earl is off my list.