If you didn't see yet, here's Carlo Biado 17-0 vs. the ghost

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Question : does anyone know of any top pros that take or have taken prop bets playing the ghost even; even money without the BIH? If they were to, what would you expect the money line have to be?

If memory serves, I saw Donny Mills offer even money on facebook or AZ,
that he can beat the 9b ghost without ball in hand, at least on his home table.

Some people have offered efren some kind of bet with him playing the 15 ball ghost
or the rotation ghost over the years, and I know he's won several sets this way.
TrumanHW has put up a few videos of this on youtube
(though this specific vid might just be a paid exhibition... not sure).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSDBHLG5eyQ

the Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't that amazing…. I was more amazed by his lay outs after the break than his playing (which was also amazing obviously).

One other thought about the video. It seemed to me that Carlo is one of the top pros that seems to play with TOI (similar to that explained by CJ). You can really see that he plays with a lot of stun and kills the cue ball excellently.

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know of someone that was getting 7/5 on the money, a lower level pro, and was stone cold stealing playing 9 ball and no BIH.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
One other thought about the video. It seemed to me that Carlo is one of the top pros that seems to play with TOI (similar to that explained by CJ). You can really see that he plays with a lot of stun and kills the cue ball excellently.

Good catch Professor.
Mentioning TOI can bring on attacks, be careful and wear a helmet.
He is also loading up forward of vertical and there is some cocking and uncoiling going on. We may get tarred and feathered if we mention these things as CJ did.
Back to my cave.

Sincerely:SS

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Whose room is that? Looks like the same room that 12 year old kid was running racks in a couple years ago.

that's rolly baron's home room. he's a good friend. he owns batang tirador channel. "tirador" is what you call pool players here in the Philippines. it means "slingshot". i think he sponsored carlo biado last year in china open and japan open.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For one thing he's pattern racking, he's also making the wing ball all the time
with the magic rack and then a 2nd ball pretty often too.
Agreed, he pattern racked and racked the exact same way for every game. But nonetheless, still an amazing achievement. His positional play was quite phenomenal.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed, he pattern racked and racked the exact same way for every game. But nonetheless, still an amazing achievement. His positional play was quite phenomenal.

Although he was pattern racking he wasn't soft breaking like Dennis O, so i respect his feat a lot more

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whose room is that? Looks like the same room that 12 year old kid was running racks in a couple years ago.

I asked this same question a while back when i (kind of) featured this guy on my "what a match" thread. He has a lot of big name players in there with him, I always wondered if he was a backer for these guys or just some guru.

Dunnn51

Whaddido now?? (Shrug)
Silver Member
For one thing he's pattern racking, he's also making the wing ball all the time
with the magic rack and then a 2nd ball pretty often too.

He also shoots same position on the break at identical slow speed. and BIH after break.

STILL, he put in the hours to get that perfect position play down. very impressive !

What I wanna know is why did they put shorts on a prosthetic leg to make it look like there is another person there ???? (left side of vid past the foot rail )

:D

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He ran 17 racks to practice for world championships yet he didn't come close to win it, one would think a guy running 17 racks would easily steal the title but noooo, the luck involved in this game will give the win to the luckier who played well enough, that's all you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk