In Chicago

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am in Chicago for training this week, and I didn't even bring my cue! LOL
Man I so need to get my den finished so that I can practice.
A couple of years ago I would have sought out every pool hall in this area and checked them out.
My goal for next year is to have my den complete by end of 2011 and practice every chance I get in 2012. Get my wife to pool school so we can play in lots of different pool halls and tournaments when my job sends me out of town!
Wishful thinking? LOL

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Man I so need to get my den finished so that I can practice.
A couple of years ago I would have sought out every pool hall in this area and checked them out.
My goal for next year is to have my den complete by end of 2011 and practice every chance I get in 2012. Get my wife to pool school so we can play in lots of different pool halls and tournaments when my job sends me out of town!
Wishful thinking? LOL

There is a ten ball tournament at Red Shoes tonight and a banks tournament that is being live streamed from Red Shoes this Saturday. It is in a southern suburb, Alsip.

redshoesbilliards.com

Check it out if you get the chance.

Great place. Great owner, John Lavin.

I will be there tonight playing a straight pool match.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a ten ball tournament at Red Shoes tonight and a banks tournament that is being live streamed from Red Shoes this Saturday. It is in a southern suburb, Alsip.

redshoesbilliards.com

Check it out if you get the chance.

Great place. Great owner, John Lavin.

I will be there tonight playing a straight pool match.

Soooooo Tempting! I didn't even bring a cue!
Who am I kidding I would get my butt whipped at 10ball, banks, or even straight pool! lol

I have been here since Sunday and I just keep enjoying the food around here. I am staying in Naperville

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Are you in the City, or the burbs? If city, there are a few choices, one should be Chris Billiards. And like Dennis said, Red Shoes is very good. How can you beat having a couple of very good tourneys being run while you are here and thus you can play in them.

Just grab a house cue, and bring some sandpaper and clean it up before you shoot !! Plus, you can meet Freddy the Beard while you are at Red Shoes !! Lot of good players at Red Shoes, so best to leave your cash at home. (sorry Ike, Sergio, Piggy, Ghost, and Jet, but I just can't lead a pig to slaughter !!!)

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you in the City, or the burbs? If city, there are a few choices, one should be Chris Billiards. And like Dennis said, Red Shoes is very good. How can you beat having a couple of very good tourneys being run while you are here and thus you can play in them.

Just grab a house cue, and bring some sandpaper and clean it up before you shoot !! Plus, you can meet Freddy the Beard while you are at Red Shoes !! Lot of good players at Red Shoes, so best to leave your cash at home. (sorry Ike, Sergio, Piggy, Ghost, and Jet, but I just can't lead a pig to slaughter !!!)

Freddy the Beard, is this the legendary banking with the beard I hear about?

I am in Naperville bout 30 minutes away from O'Hare. Going to have to see if the guy that is in training with me wants to go grab a brew at Red Shoes!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Soooooo Tempting! I didn't even bring a cue!
Who am I kidding I would get my butt whipped at 10ball, banks, or even straight pool! lol

I have been here since Sunday and I just keep enjoying the food around here. I am staying in Naperville

You wouldn't need to play for dough. You could just check out the ambiance and shoot a little.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Naperville? I could hit you with a slingshot from here...
I might have to swing by redshews tonight and heckle mr walsh :D

by the way...we have a Uncle Julios close by if you're missing home!

Last edited:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Naperville? I could hit you with a slingshot from here...
I might have to swing by redshews tonight and heckle mr walsh :D

by the way...we have a Uncle Julios close by if you're missing home!

Nooooooo I learned a long time ago when in the Army you don't go looking for TexMex food in any other state except Texas!

I am eating the foods that Chicago is known for, deep dish pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, sliders, etc. I hear Lillie's Q is darn good BBQ in this area so we might hit that up tomorrow.

As far as pool I haven't even set foot into a pool hall, yet! LOL

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Good afternoon pool players just wanted to let everyone know on how lucky we are to have the game of pool it’s a never ending learning game and I found out over the weekend that I don’t know everything and I can read all the books out there watch some videos even get some pointers from the pros but what I did learn from this weekend was a system that gets you a calculated shot not a guess or estimated one well here is the system developed and owner of POOLIQ.NET Joe Villilpando aka..(little Joe) his system is easy to learn and affordable he gives private lessons and has 2 DVDS out there with another one on the way . have faith in his system that it will make me a better and smarter player watch out players here I come.

Thank you again JOE

Shawn Wilkes
Shipping Manager
• • • • • • • • • • •
715-335-8070
c. 715-572-8165 or shawn29@alltel.blackberry.com
shawn.wilkes@rpespud.com
www.rpespud.com
“Category Experts for Potato & Onion Growth”

This is not the place for a unsolicited add. Not to mention it's rude to the OP.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not the place for a unsolicited add. Not to mention it's rude to the OP.

That ain't no lie!
He posted this same ad 3 times today!
At least in the other thread it was about little Joe and actually pertained to the thread!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Or you could let me borrow your Gracio to shoot with! LOL

text me at 312 965-6765 if you need me to bring an extra cue tonight.

I have at least 5 Gracios. A couple of Southwests. a Kersenbrock and a few others.

Reactions: "T"

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member

I have at least 5 Gracios. A couple of Southwests. a Kersenbrock and a few others.

Wow, now that's generous! I wish we had pool halls like red shoes or Chris's around here. It would be allot of fun playing some of you guys. Not to mention getting to see some great games by top players.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dude you are the man! That is awesome! I was just kidding about loaning me your Gracio, but I have a Gracio jump and a Gracio break, and he re-cleared my two players. I think Scott is an awesome cue builder.
Now I really want to talk my bud into hanging out over there tonight.
What time does it start? or what time is a good time to get over there just to hang out and get to know folks?
Oh and how much is the tourney?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
hhmm

Freddy the Beard, is this the legendary banking with the beard I hear about?

I am in Naperville bout 30 minutes away from O'Hare. Going to have to see if the guy that is in training with me wants to go grab a brew at Red Shoes!

Yes, that is one in the same. And now Dennis is gonna lend you a choice of quite a few fine cues. And being in Naperville, you are only 30 minutes away. If you don't go now, I'm not too sure you even belong on AZB :rolleyes:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that is one in the same. And now Dennis is gonna lend you a choice of quite a few fine cues. And being in Naperville, you are only 30 minutes away. If you don't go now, I'm not too sure you even belong on AZB :rolleyes:

awww man now your calling me out? :mad:
Maybe I just don't want to show everyone how much of a banger I really am! hahaha
If my buddy wants to go then I will more than likely head that way tonight!
Or if he wants to order his food to the hotel I will more than likely go!
That cause we are sharing a rental car this week. LOL

pigsRflying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could also check out the Pyramid Club, 236 W. Lake St. in Addison, Il. You are closer and it's a nice room too.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok it is official I am going to go try my hand at 10 ball at Red Shoes!
Man I ain't played a tourney in forever this should be fun!
I bet I am out of stroke like a cupcake!