Silver Member
Monica Webb and Helena Thornfeldt both use JUDD Custom
made cues. Guisseppe cases.

Last edited:

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
I emailed those on the original IPT congratulatory email. Of course, some of the addresses will have changed and I don't have the 10 new qualifiers, but of the ones whose addresses are correct and want to take the time to answer, I will reply back with their answers.

Here is the first one:

My husband and I both use a Meucci cue stick. My weight is 18oz., shaft is 12 7/8, and my length is 57". Sammy's cue is 18 1/2, shaft is 12 3/4, and length is 58".
Thanks, LoreeJon and Sammy Jones

Woohoooo!! Professionals using a Meucci!! :D

Flex

nympfisher

SEMI AMATURE
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
Hi Linda,

My playing cue stick is a "JPeachhauer"
19.5 oz --- 58 inch --- 12.5 mm
The leather tips I use are made by "Tiger Products"

My break cue is a "Dennis Searing"
20.5 oz --- 59 inch --- 13.25 mm

My case is a "Jack Justis"
Black all leather with snake skin design on the pockets with a nice Latin flare to it with
my nick name is on it "John ( The Bull ) Di Toro"

Heck of a break cue..

trainer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qualifier time!!

8-ball bernie said:
let me please just say, the e-mail i recieved basically said "the forum wants to know every little detail about your cue, case and accessoreies, thus i went to town with my origional reply, for which now i see, looks quite long and foolish, so if i could do my reply over it would look like this:

i play with a Mali 18oz break cue and a Mali 16.5 oz playing cue, both cues feature a 13 mm triangle tip, thank you, Bernie Friend ipt player.
Are you planning on trying to qualify at the end of '06 in Las Vegas??
Terry O.

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
List of Players Cues to date

Below is a interim list of Cues used by the players in the 2006 IPT Tour, as given in is thread.

Also listed is the shaft if type supplied, and break cue.

Lots of variety here, but in cues, 5 have come to the front, being Bear, Bobby Hunter, Judd Fuller, Muecci & Predator, with Predator shafts clearly in the lead.

Hope people are enjoying the thread,

Daniel:D

Cues
Bear Cue-4
Mike Bender-1
Cognoscenti-1
Cuetec-2
Dave Jones-1
Falcon-1
Gina-1
Bobby Hunter-4
Jacoby-1
Jian Ying-1
JPechauer-1
Joss-1
Judd Fuller-4
Longoni-1
Lucasi-1
Mali-1
Muecci-3
Musashi-1
Nick Varner-1
Nitti-1
Predator-3
Roger Pettit-1
Scorpion-1
Tad Custom Cue-1
Thierry Chevron-2
Viking-1
Willeecue-1
Widowmaker-1

Shafts
Predator Not Stated-1
Predator 314-4
Predator Z-1
Universal Smart Shaft-1
Webb Custom-1

Break Cue
Judd Fuller-1
Lancaster-1
Lucasi-1
Mace break-1
Mali-1
McWorter, Park-1
Parrot-1
Predator-1
Sledghammer-2
Stinger-1

jjinfla

Banned
Perhaps the list would have more meaning if you would list the last name of the player using it following the cue name rather than a number.

Jake

enzo

Banned
Captain Dan said:
Below is a interim list of Cues used by the players in the 2006 IPT Tour, as given in is thread.

Also listed is the shaft if type supplied, and break cue.

Lots of variety here, but in cues, 5 have come to the front, being Bear, Bobby Hunter, Judd Fuller, Muecci & Predator, with Predator shafts clearly in the lead.

Hope people are enjoying the thread,

Cues
Bear Cue-4
Mike Bender-1
Cognoscenti-1
Cuetec-2
Dave Jones-1
Falcon-1
Gina-1
Bobby Hunter-4
Jacoby-1
Jian Ying-1
JPechauer-1
Joss-1
Judd Fuller-4
Longoni-1
Lucasi-1
Mali-1
Muecci-3
Musashi-1
Nick Varner-1
Nitti-1
Predator-3
Roger Pettit-1
Scorpion-1
Tad Custom Cue-1
Thierry Chevron-2
Viking-1
Willeecue-1
Widowmaker-1

Shafts
Predator Not Stated-1
Predator 314-4
Predator Z-1
Universal Smart Shaft-1
Webb Custom-1

Break Cue
Judd Fuller-1
Lancaster-1
Lucasi-1
Mace break-1
Mali-1
McWorter, Park-1
Parrot-1
Predator-1
Sledghammer-2
Stinger-1

thanks for the tally!

both threads 13 and 31 seem to indicate that there are more than 4 predator 314 shafts used on playing cues. im not sure how to interpret the number of 314s on thread 13 either though.

8-ball bernie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sal butera is playing with a Mali V-9 playing cue. also, add to the list of shafts, capone jr. that's what i use on my playing cue, thanks,Bernie.

Eieio59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently use a Mike Stacy (Indianapolis) playing cue and a Tim Scruggs sneaky pete for my break cue, both with medium Triangle tips. Having said that..... I am actively seeking a cue sponsor!!!

Tammie Jones

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
Perhaps the list would have more meaning if you would list the last name of the player using it following the cue name rather than a number.

Jake

Good Idea, I'm still looking at ways to present the data in a clear and usable way. At the end I'll very likely do several posts, but for your editification, here's the player list to date,

IPT Player
Roland Acosta-Widowmaker
Frank Alvarez III-Predator
Johnny Archer-Scorpion
Paul Brienza-Judd Fuller
Francisco Bustamante-Bear
Nick van den Berg -Musashi
Linda Carter-Viking
Wayne Catledge-Nitti
Mike Cernero-Mike Bender
Tony "T-Rex" Chohan-Bobby Hunter
Colin Colenso-Jian Ying
Karen Corr-Falcon
John ( The Bull ) Di Toro-JPechauer Cues
Ernesto Dominguez-Tad Custom Cue
Sarah Ellerby-Lucasi
Vincent Facquet-Thierry Chevron
Niels Feijen-Longoni
Allison Fisher-Cuetec
Bernie Friend-Mali
Rafael González-Predator
Gerda Hofstatter-Predator
Grady-Scruggs
Raj Hundal-Bear
Bobby Hunter-Bobby Hunter
Loree Jon Jones-Meucci
Sammy Jones-Meucci
Ewa Laurence-Hunter cue
Andreja Klasovic-Bear
Marlon R. Manalo-Paul Drexler
Keith McCready's-Willeecue
Amine Ouahbi-Thierry Chevron
Daryl Peach-Bear
Fabio Petroni-Cognoscenti
Jim Rempe-Muecci
Miyuki Sakai-Gina
Stefan Santl-Jacoby
John Schmidt-Bobby Hunter
Ralph Souquet-Joss
Earl Strickland-Cuetec
Helena Thornfeldt-Judd
Nick Varner-Nick Varner Custom
Monica Webb-Judd
Mike Zimmerman-Roger Pettit, Dave Jones.

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
enzo said:
thanks for the tally!

both threads 13 and 31 seem to indicate that there are more than 4 predator 314 shafts used on playing cues. im not sure how to interpret the number of 314s on thread 13 either though.

Your right, my bad!

All three of the Predator cues obviously use predator shafts, its just that the type wasn't stated. However, thread 13 said he "thought" they used Preddator shafts, and that included the 2 names that aren't in the IPT. If this information is confirmed, I'll alter the results, otherwise I just leave them as 4 Bear cues.
So in shafts, the total will now read for Preadtors:-

Predator not stated- 4
Predator 314- 4
Predator Z- 1

Good spotting, thanks. So obviously Predators very well liked, funny there aren't any OB-1 shafts yet.

chrstc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Captain Dan said:
However, thread 13 said he "thought" they used Preddator shafts, and that included the 2 names that aren't in the IPT.

Hi again,
Daryl Peach and Raj Hundal definitely use Predator shafts on their Bears. I think Francisco Bustamante does too but can't be sure about that and I have no idea about Andreja Klasovic. I only know he uses Bear cues as it says so in his bio on the IPT site. By the way another Bear player on the roster is Ivica Putnik from Croatia.
Just to show I'm not just interested in Bear Cues, though:D

Kim Davenport is using his Szamboti,
Alex Lely uses a Predator Z,
Jason Miller uses a Dufferin butt with a Schon shaft (according to the info on the IPT site after he won the first qualifier),
Alex Pagulayan uses a Schon butt and Predator shaft,
Mika Immonen uses a Mezz signature cue (definitely NOT a Predator shaft. He says he used one for a while and felt it really messed up his game),
Corey Deuel uses a Woodpecker butt with a Predator shaft
Rodney Morris alternates between his Szamboti and a Fury RP series. Lately it's mainly been the Szamboti but according to other posts I've seen from a Fury rep on the forum he's still a member of Team Fury.

Sorry if I've repeated anything that's been said before but I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Hope this helps and clarifies what I said before,
Chris (Chrstc).

PoolSleuth

Banned
Captain Dan said:
Good Idea, I'm still looking at ways to present the data in a clear and usable way. At the end I'll very likely do several posts, but for your editification, here's the player list to date,

IPT Player
Roland Acosta-Widowmaker
Frank Alvarez III-Predator
Johnny Archer-Scorpion
Paul Brienza-Judd Fuller
Francisco Bustamante-Bear
Nick van den Berg -Musashi
Linda Carter-Viking
Wayne Catledge-Nitti
Mike Cernero-Mike Bender
Tony "T-Rex" Chohan-Bobby Hunter
Colin Colenso-Jian Ying
Karen Corr-Falcon
John ( The Bull ) Di Toro-JPechauer Cues
Ernesto Dominguez-Tad Custom Cue
Sarah Ellerby-Lucasi
Vincent Facquet-Thierry Chevron
Niels Feijen-Longoni
Allison Fisher-Cuetec
Bernie Friend-Mali
Rafael González-Predator
Gerda Hofstatter-Predator
Grady-Scruggs
Raj Hundal-Bear
Bobby Hunter-Bobby Hunter
Loree Jon Jones-Meucci
Sammy Jones-Meucci
Ewa Laurence-Hunter cue
Andreja Klasovic-Bear
Marlon R. Manalo-Paul Drexler
Keith McCready's-Willeecue
Amine Ouahbi-Thierry Chevron
Daryl Peach-Bear
Fabio Petroni-Cognoscenti
Jim Rempe-Muecci
Miyuki Sakai-Gina
Stefan Santl-Jacoby
John Schmidt-Bobby Hunter
Ralph Souquet-Joss
Earl Strickland-Cuetec
Helena Thornfeldt-Judd
Nick Varner-Nick Varner Custom
Monica Webb-Judd
Mike Zimmerman-Roger Pettit, Dave Jones.

Your thread is very interesting, but I wonder how many Players PLAY with their Cue of Choice.

Plus how many Players, get a Cue for an Endorsement deal, or get a Cue, Money, and Endorsement Deal like A. Fisher & E. Strickland have with CueTech?

The list of who use what to me is quite surprising, as many Cuemaker who I thought would be represented on the list are not.

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Your thread is very interesting, but I wonder how many Players PLAY with their Cue of Choice.

Plus how many Players, get a Cue for an Endorsement deal, or get a Cue, Money, and Endorsement Deal like A. Fisher & E. Strickland have with CueTech?

The list of who use what to me is quite surprising, as many Cuemaker who I thought would be represented on the list are not.

What, you mean some might choose a cue for money:)eek: ).

Realistically, unless you actually see a player using a cue, we can only go on the information given either on their website or via threads on this post.

But remember, the IPT is going to be a FULLY televised event, so anyone with a sponsored cue had better use it in the tournament, or else they'll be have a little talking to about money and responsibilty from their sponsor.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
George Breedlove uses a Rick Howard custom cue. I don't know the specs. He has a fugly looking break cue, I have no idea what type (though I saw him beat the nine ball ghost on a super tight table just using his break cue while his regular cue was being worked on)