Is it time to play one pocket??

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Hello players.
I'm looking for solid reasons to learn more about one pocket.
I've played it some, but never saw or found the magic in it that I've often heard other players describe. I keep hearing it's the 'chess of pool.'
I love chess, but there's 6 holes on a table and I need every damn one of them!!
Perhaps it's a patience issue??
I do play fast and I can make a ball or three.
Appreciate any thoughtful comments.
I believe it's time.
It's obvious I'm missing out on something here.
 
Hello players.
I'm looking for solid reasons to learn more about one pocket.
I've played it some, but never saw or found the magic in it that I've often heard other players describe. I keep hearing it's the 'chess of pool.'
I love chess, but there's 6 holes on a table and I need every damn one of them!!
Perhaps it's a patience issue??
I do play fast and I can make a ball or three.
Appreciate any thoughtful comments.
I believe it's time.
It's obvious I'm missing out on something here.
You can still use the other pockets, it is just in a more sophisticated manner than making balls disappear.
 
Hello players.
I'm looking for solid reasons to learn more about one pocket.
I've played it some, but never saw or found the magic in it that I've often heard other players describe. I keep hearing it's the 'chess of pool.'
I love chess, but there's 6 holes on a table and I need every damn one of them!!
Perhaps it's a patience issue??
I do play fast and I can make a ball or three.
Appreciate any thoughtful comments.
I believe it's time.
It's obvious I'm missing out on something here.
It's a game of difficult shots and constant safeties - teaches a lot about those things.

Have you tried asking at onepocket.org.?

pj
chgo
 
I used to not play any one pocket.

Now that I have spent some more time with the game, it is by far my favorite game to play and to watch. It teaches you so much about what you’re capable of with the cue ball. The constant balance of offense and defense is intoxicating.

Best game on a pool table once you have a decent understanding of how to play other games.
 
It is a great game. I can’t say I’m good or even decent, but there is a reason it is so much more popular than straight pool. And why orders of magnitude more money changes hands at it
That was the main attraction for me.
. I watch these guys drop big coin regularly but they won't play me. I tell them I really am a novice at the game, but you know how that goes.
I need to learn the intricacies of the game, so I can hold my own against whomever. Plus I could use a good dose of the patience angle.
 
It is the most creative of all pool games. It has a lot more to do with creating pressure over many innings than it does running out.

You build an offense and try not to lose control of it, and try to force your opponent to make a mistake. It does require patience.
 
I used to not play any one pocket.

Now that I have spent some more time with the game, it is by far my favorite game to play and to watch. It teaches you so much about what you’re capable of with the cue ball. The constant balance of offense and defense is intoxicating.

Best game on a pool table once you have a decent understanding of how to play other games..
I'm sold!!
Thanks guys!!👊🏻
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbb
Hello players.
I'm looking for solid reasons to learn more about one pocket.
I've played it some, but never saw or found the magic in it that I've often heard other players describe. I keep hearing it's the 'chess of pool.'
I love chess, but there's 6 holes on a table and I need every damn one of them!!
Perhaps it's a patience issue??
I do play fast and I can make a ball or three.
Appreciate any thoughtful comments.
I believe it's time.
It's obvious I'm missing out on something here.
I'd play some 14.1 it will help.
 
In all seriousness. Learning to bank, play safe, controlling the cue ball and torturing people who "just want to make balls"
Ouch. 😂
Believe it or not, my bank game ain't half bad.
Ain't half good either, but playing 14:1, learned to avoid banks and combos whenever possible. Doesn't mean I can't make them, I just always try to keep things as simple as I can on table. Any additional moving parts just adds another element to the mix. When you play as bad as I do, the fewer moving parts the better.😁
Didn't realize this was all part of a well rounded player's arsenal until my 20s.
 
Back
Top