Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
To any and all who are under the illusion that the claim might be legit - why can know one and I mean know one purchase a piece of this history to view at home - under close scrutiny? Many forum members have offered good $ for their own personal copy, again please do not respond with 'there still tryin to figure out how to monetize' - after two years of the public waiting for verifiable proof that there is anythang other than the smokey mirror semi private theatre showing - that excuse won't work. The reason they cannot offer a tape for sale to john cue public is imho = there is no unedited tape, all the bca and j.s. camp have = a chopped video won't pass the smell test either. The chopped video and hollywood smokey mirrored theater corruption/pred cue commercial are very weak punches to throw at a 68 year old record. I guess it must be really sacred to offer the open public an opportunity to purchase this 'claim' of 626, although if it were true it would have been super easy street to increase popularity of 14.1, instead they choose to hide the evidence - hmm does anyone sense a lingering aroma of an expired rodent?

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
To any and all who are under the illusion that the claim might be legit - why can know one and I mean know one purchase a piece of this history to view at home - under close scrutiny? Many forum members have offered good $ for their own personal copy, again please do not respond with 'there still tryin to figure out how to monetize' - after two years of the public waiting for verifiable proof that there is anythang other than the smokey mirror semi private theatre showing - that excuse won't work. The reason they cannot offer a tape for sale to john cue public is imho = there is no unedited tape, all the bca and j.s. camp have = a chopped video won't pass the smell test either. The chopped video and hollywood smokey mirrored theater corruption/pred cue commercial are very weak punches to throw at a 68 year old record.
I think that it's so JS can hold the record over your head. He knows he has all of the power over you as long as he keeps the video away from you. He knows it's literally driving you crazy not to be able to personally verify the new world record. How's that?

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Hi Danny. Would like to start out by saying that I love your game. You are a great player.

About your question. What reason would the people who seen, and verified the video to be authentic / legit have a reason to lie about the authenticity of the video / the 626 run? As others have probably mentioned, I do not believe that the 626 Run is going to do anything for the popularity of pool or the game of 14.1, so that is why I do not see any reason for anyone to lie about the authenticity of the run. It is an amazing feat that John Schmidt accomplished, but I do not see it helping him much financially, or helping the popularity of the sport, or 14.1 much, if at all.

I do wonder though, what is your high run in 14.1?

I do have a lot of respect for the game of 14.1.
My personal high run is not relevant to the discussion - of why they bca/j.s/charlie/pred cue are not marketing the ability for open public to view in disc form. Not interested in weird semi private theater showings where part of the footage is sped up at double speed, only care to check out the authenticity (verify) of this so called 626 in UNEDITED DISC FORMAT. Not hear to answer questions for promoters of 'something' only hear to figure out why they chose to say Mosconi's run has been surpassed - and then not offer or market it to open public to purchase.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To any and all who are under the illusion that the claim might be legit - why can know one and I mean know one purchase a piece of this history to view at home - under close scrutiny? Many forum members have offered good $ for their own personal copy, again please do not respond with 'there still tryin to figure out how to monetize' - after two years of the public waiting for verifiable proof that there is anythang other than the smokey mirror semi private theatre showing - that excuse won't work. The reason they cannot offer a tape for sale to john cue public is imho = there is no unedited tape, all the bca and j.s. camp have = a chopped video won't pass the smell test either. The chopped video and hollywood smokey mirrored theater corruption/pred cue commercial are very weak punches to throw at a 68 year old record.
Didn’t someone offer to pay your way in?

logical

apart of their 'semi public'
Silver Member

Yes, we know Danny.

Sent from the future.

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Maybe this has been said And I missed it, but I was just informed that the run is legit and that he’s charging a fee to watch the record being broken. I guess he wants to cash in on his Hard work and dedication. I can’t say I blame him. Who would turn down money???
A CHOPPED VIDEO that know one is allowed to see unedited footage of is hardly what i would call 'hard work'. easy street yes -hard work no.

9ballscorpion

My personal high run is not relevant to the discussion - of why they bca/j.s/charlie/pred cue are not marketing the ability for open public to view in disc form. Not interested in weird semi private theater showings where part of the footage is sped up at double speed, only care to check out the authenticity (verify) of this so called 626 in UNEDITED DISC FORMAT. Not hear to answer questions for promoters of 'something' only hear to figure out why they chose to say Mosconi's run has been surpassed - and then not offer or market it to open public to purchase.

Sorry for going off topic. Was just curious what your high run is.

Anyways, I do not think that there are many people out there that would want to sit through, and watch a 626 ball run, so I assume that they are just looking for ways to market it best, so that they could get more sales, showing the run, by doubling, or tripling the speed of it. I like that idea, and I think it sounds cool.

I am sure they would offer the unedited version though, for those who would want to buy it.

I do not know John Schmidt, but he seems like a good and honest person. I do not see any reason why he would lie about the 626 run. It is not like there is much money in it for him to lie about something like that. If there were, then why not just say something like "I ran an 826", and then try to edit it all together.

I also do not see why any Billiard Association would watch the unedited run, and then lie to the public / the fans, saying that it was legit.

Just my opinion, but I think that if someone were to run a 1,000 balls tomorrow, it would not help pools popularity a single bit, nor would it help that person financially very much. For those reasons, why the need to lie about a 14.1 record breaking high run?

logical

Silver Member
If the only criteria for a new record is that established by the 526 Mosconi run, the 626 was a new record the minute JS and a few spectators said it happened.

logical

Silver Member
Breaker..Breaker..1, 9! There were NO( 0 )spectators for the entire run.
Run Started @ 10:00am
Run ended @ 2:07pm
Easy Street Billiards Hours of operation 1:00pm - 2:00am
Joint was only open for business/customers for about 1 hour of the entire claimed run.
U need some more new criteria for comparison.
this shuck will not hold water.
So we're going all the way back to that? So it's not about whether it happened or not, not about the video, not about the table, not about thrown chalk, not about energy drinks...it's now about when the front doors opened? Awesome. Did you run this by DH...I don't think he likes you taking these positions on your own skippy.

Texas Carom Club

play 1cushion & balkline
Silver Member
Once again, Sorry, railbird, the only rack boy, other than js, himself, was the js team sponsor, Doug Desmond, both of whom are the camera blocking hog type.
no, one person has taken responsibility for hands and eyes on the unedited video from start of the run until now.
It matters not who(m) has viewed the unedited video, it’s all in who(m) has had it in their possession for twenty months!
put it up or shut up!

plenty of us wanted to send you,you were of course to yellah
we put up now you can shut up

Texas Carom Club

play 1cushion & balkline
Silver Member
Once again, Sorry, railbird, the only rack boy, other than js, himself, was the js team sponsor, Doug Desmond, both of whom are the camera blocking hog type.
no, one person has taken responsibility for hands and eyes on the unedited video from start of the run until now.
It matters not who(m) has viewed the unedited video, it’s all in who(m) has had it in their possession for twenty months!
put it up or shut up!

make up your damn mind already and stop changing the target