Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
ha

Right. I don't understand why JS handled it the way he did. But then again I realize that most pool players are utter failures in the business world.

Same here. Even if it was not a totally "clean" run, so what.

The guy will definitely never make any serious money out of it and a miniscule part of the general population will ever know. A tiny part of pool players who don't participate in AZB etc. will realize what happened, since many don't even know what Straight Pool is. Very few who care about Straight Pool would like to see the video, including me.

It is one of the greatest jokes I ever read on AZB that a person who constantly behaves like some 15-y.o. kid with lousy manners and foul language claims to be the defender of the sanctity of Straight Pool. If you, DH, want to be an ambassador for the Straight Pool community, you are doing the lousiest of jobs. So who are you to attack JS?

If u say I am doin a lousy job, this probly means it should win true post of the year award. So thanks for the reaffirmation, compliments are always welcome - no matter the source. Also when u said "even if it were not a totally clean run - so what. Does that mean he should not show the viewers at home a traced line for the rack? Otherwise he can continue a run when the object ball was inside the triangle? I expect to hear more responses from bar bangers (like u) that probly don't even know most of the rules of 14.1 - ring a bell?

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I see yer a puppet

Danny,

I know you and John have a history, but putting that aside for now. It is interesting to me that he attempted to break the record at BullShooters in the Phoenix area and all attempts were on a live feed. I'm not sure why the attempts in Monterey Ca. we not live as well. This would have done away with any of the naysayers.
I arrived in Monterey, pre planned vacation, 2 days after the record was broken. I took some photos of the table and even got to talk with John and his wife for a little while. My wife asked if I got any pictures with John? I did not, felt like it would have been imposing too much.
Anyhoo, the table's pockets were very generous. My picture shows two balls in the corner pocket and there is plenty of space between them. If the record was going to be broken, I'm sure this type of equipment would make it easier. Does that discount making 626 without missing? It's still a great feat no matter if the table had 7" pockets.
Why John is not sharing the video? Only he knows for sure.....the rest of us just get to speculate. I think he is a great 14.1 player but there are many others that play great also. Will another player try to break his record....eventually I suppose.
My gut tells me that he did get the 626. Can I prove it....nope.
I know there were a couple of witnesses at his record breaking feat. Were there over 20 witnesses like when Mosconi ran 526? I don't believe so. Do less witnesses make it less believable?
Ok, to sum it up, there are many questions. Maybe in time, John will post up the video or even sell copies for $9.99
Until then, let the speculation continue :)

I can tell u like fake noose' grab yer rope they have already tied yer knot. If u can't prove it then u should not try to considered it a "record" (sheep mentality) as we both know if u try to repeat sum thin a thousand times - eventually some poor sap might think it's a fact. I also u noticed u did not want to address the fact that Mosconi's run was on the 8' while the run john is tryin' to promote was suppo0sedly accomplished on 9' table. More yahoo's who cannot pocket a ball in the deep blue - but have a polished opinion bout pocket billiards. Painfully normal fake noose' contributor - see ya in dim funny papers. I need not speculate yer level of intelligence or talent for 14.1.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woohoo! Tucson 9b get another commission check for pulling the wool over Charles Harriman's eyes!

Chuh-ching!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
questions?

I am beginning to see a pattern, it looks like if their of the sheep mentality they end there posts asking questions bout why i would like to see the raw footage of their mystery tape. So if ur asking that question please do not expect any response from me. I am not a member of the fake noose' puppet community - in fact i'm probly the furthest away from those rodents and sheep as u can possibly b.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You see a pattern, I see mindless dogma.

I've long since stopped caring about what would or wouldn't convince you that the run is legit. The answer is that it's a constantly moving target and once hit will simply trigger the list of reasons why it doesn't mean anything because Mosconi did it on a cloudy day in Ohio and JS was in sunny California.

Nobody should care if a couple guys with a hard on for John think he set a new record or not.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Right. I don't understand why JS handled it the way he did. But then again I realize that most pool players are utter failures in the business world.

Same here. Even if it was not a totally "clean" run, so what.

The guy will definitely never make any serious money out of it and a miniscule part of the general population will ever know. A tiny part of pool players who don't participate in AZB etc. will realize what happened, since many don't even know what Straight Pool is.
Very few who care about Straight Pool would like to see the video, including me.

It is one of the greatest jokes I ever read on AZB that a person who constantly behaves like some 15-y.o. kid with lousy manners and foul language claims to be the defender of the sanctity of Straight Pool. If you, DH, want to be an ambassador for the Straight Pool community, you are doing the lousiest of jobs. So who are you to attack JS?

If u no care bout Straight Pool - and are responding to this thread - yer input is better left in the dark. Obviously u have no interest in Sports history - yet u choose to respond - as I stated before - painfully normal human err's of an open forum. Either u changed yer post or i misread, I would argue that u really do not care about 14.1 - please quit pretending that u do. Most 14.1 students would definitely show interest in whether or not Mosconi's 'real record' has been as they say broken, i guess yer in the lower % - enjoy yer bar leeg'.

Last edited:

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You see a pattern, I see mindless dogma.

I've long since stopped caring about what would or wouldn't convince you that the run is legit. The answer is that it's a constantly moving target and once hit will simply trigger the list of reasons why it doesn't mean anything because Mosconi did it on a cloudy day in Ohio and JS was in sunny California.

Nobody should care if a couple guys with a hard on for John think he set a new record or not.

You are right. Envy accompanied by a grudge - JS could have the Pope, the Supreme Court plus 20 of the best pool players ever as witnesses - Harriman would find that the triangle wasn't on the felt in the right pen color - and we'd have a new thread about how crappy the "so-called record" is. :)

Kindergarten.

But I suppose we live in a time when facts are always fake news - if you don't like them.

I'll have to pick up my tin hat and attend the Flat Earth Society now. Cya.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been following this thread.

I love both Danny and John's Straight Pool Game.

That said, I would love to see any and all High Runs.

Who on AZBilliards "witnessed" the run (went to the semi-private viewing)?

I thought Bob Jewet would have been invited and a few others too.

I know that there are some here that I would never question their integrity.

I understand why John might want to get a payday but don't understand why he isn't releasing a Copy Righted DVD. Sure it could get uploaded but he would be able to get it taken down rapidly...

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I can tell u like fake noose' grab yer rope they have already tied yer knot. If u can't prove it then u should not try to considered it a "record" (sheep mentality) as we both know if u try to repeat sum thin a thousand times - eventually some poor sap might think it's a fact. I also u noticed u did not want to address the fact that Mosconi's run was on the 8' while the run john is tryin' to promote was suppo0sedly accomplished on 9' table. More yahoo's who cannot pocket a ball in the deep blue - but have a polished opinion bout pocket billiards. Painfully normal fake noose' contributor - see ya in dim funny papers. I need not speculate yer level of intelligence or talent for 14.1.

You really grabbed onto this 8’ table thing. This wasn’t in any of your previous rounds of accusations, name calling, and all around whatever-ness. It is not a fact that 8’ tables are more difficult for 14.1. It is an opinion. Subjective to the person playing and their skill set.

A standard 8’ may encroach a bit and give you noticeably less room to work, which is offset by easier shot making, which leads to confidence and more options with the CB. Who knows what adds to what.

I don’t remember and don’t feel like searching but someone in this thread said the 526 was on a 46” x 92” which is the oversized 8’. That table is the easiest of all for 14.1 in my esteemed opinion. You almost can’t tell the difference in width from a 9’ but you definitely feel the 8” less you have to traverse on those long shots.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am beginning to see a pattern, it looks like if their of the sheep mentality they end there posts asking questions bout why i would like to see the raw footage of their mystery tape. So if ur asking that question please do not expect any response from me. I am not a member of the fake noose' puppet community - in fact i'm probly the furthest away from those rodents and sheep as u can possibly b.

I think most that love pool and especially 14.1 would really like to see the vid.

Me personally, I wouldn't be willing to pay for a one-time viewing unless it was a ppv and could be watched and rewatched for a 24 hour period....but, I would be willing to buy a dvd to watch at my convenience.

All the private party viewing is a bit over the top IMO.....

I just hope the public gets to view the run at some point at a reasonable price and in a convenient setting.....such as my living room.

Jeff

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few folks have acknowledged attending viewings, in this thread and in threads of their own.

The cost of protecting intellectual property is very high, and like team Schmidt's lack of marketing skill, it has no know-how of the legal world either...to the extent it can provide effective service to itself.

I understand why John might want to get a payday but don't understand why he isn't releasing a Copy Righted DVD. Sure it could get uploaded but he would be able to get it taken down rapidly...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
beer and chips?

I think most that love pool and especially 14.1 would really like to see the vid.

Me personally, I wouldn't be willing to pay for a one-time viewing unless it was a ppv and could be watched and rewatched for a 24 hour period....but, I would be willing to buy a dvd to watch at my convenience.

All the private party viewing is a bit over the top IMO.....

I just hope the public gets to view the run at some point at a reasonable price and in a convenient setting.....such as my living room.

Jeff

Jeff,

Are you furnishing the beer and chips? A hostess or two with the mostest?

When I bought a DVD of john's 247 I watched pieces of it maybe four or five times at most. Never watched it start to finish in one attempt. Trying to watch him run two and a half times that many balls would probably take me a week or more. If somebody is trying to learn from the DVD, several weeks wouldn't be unreasonable. If it were some kind of pay per view I really think a person should have a thirty day window to view it in.

Hu

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A big nothing.

Equipment sponsorship is limited to equipment.

All indications are that John owns the video and any subsequent rights derived from it.

Neither of which can shoot 626 balls into a home.

The team had some equipment provided by sponsors, such as:
• Rebco Pocket Billiard Table 4-1/2 x 9
• Drop Pockets - No Ball Return
• Simonis 760 Tournament Cloth Green
• 5-inch Corner Pockets
• 5-1/2 inch Side Pockets
• Sardo Rack
• Super Aramith Pro Belgian Billiard Balls
• Predator P3 Red Butt
• Predator Revo 12.4mm Carbon Composite Shaft
• 19.5 oz and 58 inches
• Techno Dud Tip by Outsville
• Taom Pyro Blue Chalk
• Predator Second Skin Billiard Glove
• Predator Urbain 3x5 Hard Case Red

Teams always separate, split up, go their separate ways. Nothing lasts forever. The mystery is: Who owned the camera and film, ergo the video? Who has possession of the video? How much cash for release? Time running out. Who owned controlling interest in the venture? Who's in charge now? Much more out there in infinity...etc.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Thank You

Thanks for not being a troll poster, this is an unbiased honest opinion. We have to protect 14.1 Sports history from the hill of fame media rodents. I guess predator cue co charlie (and john's new cue sponsor- that charlie had a hand in) already gave Mosconi's family some royalties for their 526 cue, maybe this was the first step to their corrupt business plan, either way Mosconi's 526 has been reinstated - till the little pwrs at low level b can prove otherwise (unedited footage of the mystery tape). It will be interesting to see if they come out with a 626 cue before the footage of the mystery tape gets released - if it ever does? They hammered on Jim Thorpe while he was alive, looks like they waited till Mosconi had passed on to try their larceny.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for not being a troll poster, this is an unbiased honest opinion. We have to protect 14.1 Sports history from the hill of fame media rodents. I guess predator cue co charlie (and john's new cue sponsor- that charlie had a hand in) already gave Mosconi's family some royalties for their 526 cue, maybe this was the first step to their corrupt business plan, either way Mosconi's 526 has been reinstated - till the little pwrs at low level b can prove otherwise (unedited footage of the mystery tape). It will be interesting to see if they come out with a 626 cue before the footage of the mystery tape gets released - if it ever does? They hammered on Jim Thorpe while he was alive, looks like they waited till Mosconi had passed on to try their larceny.

Dammit. They are always at it, aren't They?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Alrighty, me and my sheep mentality, lol
I didn't mention the fact about Mosconi's run being on an 8' because I'm sure you are aware. Anyhoo, there are 3 different size 8' tables. I owned an 8' for many years before I finally bought a 9' Diamond Pro. I realize I'm not in your league when it comes to 14.1, not going to dispute that fact.
I did say "my gut" tells me he broke the record. But, there are questions that need to be answered. Is this 626 "official"?
Danny, like a wrote before....it's all speculation. Carry on :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.