Not open for further replies.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JS626.jpg

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
yer two cents worth - ain't worth a wooden nickel, two yrs later - and still no video for sale - Mosconi's True World Record of 526 Stands. It is very negative for crooked pwers that b,c, and a to spread the disinformation and or CLAIM that Mosconi's record has been surpassed - caught on camera - and not provide verifiable evidence. Do u think #td873 :) their tape - not allowing public to see unedited footage after two yrs - will pass as Legit? To say that the bca looks shady here is an understatement. :-( How am I supposed to be positive about What could be the largest media lie told in reference to 14.1 - in Pocket Billiard History? If u have a valid answer to my inquiry here- then yer a genius. I like to look at the whole picture as well - and try to stay positive - but the bca/j.s./pred cues have ripped a section of the canvas where Mosconi's record should be. I have been practicing and competing at 14.1 for 30+ yrs - have held my own against the best - I know Mosconi's accomplishment deserves better than a bca chopped video for proof.
Frankly, I forgot about this topic completely until I got a bell notification of this today. I think this type of situation [out of sight, out of mind] speaks volumes to your point and is a reflection of human nature. Addressing your question directly: yes I do think it will pass as legit because people just don't care. As with most things in life, people will eventually forget there was ever a dispute about John's record (if they ever even knew about it). Memories fade and today's problems replace yesterday's. The majority of the general public won't think twice about it. Ever. Wikipedia already recognized it. Google shows it as well.

I recognize that you believe there has been some injustice here. But, the bell cannot be unrung.

Despite your protests, at bottom, the reality is that John's name will forever be discussed with respect to Mosconi's record. Legit or not, that's the way of the world...

-td

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Frankly, I forgot about this topic completely until I got a bell notification of this today. I think this type of situation [out of sight, out of mind] speaks volumes to your point and is a reflection of human nature. Addressing your question directly: yes I do think it will pass as legit because people just don't care. As with most things in life, people will eventually forget there was ever a dispute about John's record (if they ever even knew about it). Memories fade and today's problems replace yesterday's. The majority of the general public won't think twice about it. Ever. Wikipedia already recognized it. Google shows it as well.

I recognize that you believe there has been some injustice here. But, the bell cannot be unrung.

Despite your protests, at bottom, the reality is that John's name will forever be discussed with respect to Mosconi's record. Legit or not, that's the way of the world...

-td
Ur not a genius. When you say 'people just don't care' - that is painting with a broad brush and only a generalization. They probly did not think that people would reinstate Jim Thorpe's medals when the crooks tried to strip him of his medals - but once they woke up to the larceny - they did reinsate Thorpe's Gold medal. I am tired of hearing the ol adage 'that is the way of the world' as a band aid for the gushing fake news industry - it won't due. legitimacy is kinda imperative and - 'unrung' ain't even a word - but 'reinstated' - IS. Any therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; as for the Official World Record in 14.1 - it still tolls for thee - Willie Mosconi - that is the real way of the universe.There is a flag up on ur 626 chopped video - bca dude i.d. #td873 my ref said - no touchdown. The 'people' like u who say 'people just don't care - in my view are hoping to sweep the phony chopped 626 video under the rug - but thanks for your public statement concerning this matter bca/upa/dancing queen. To take a straight and stronger course - I think it's safe to assume that the majority of individuals who insist that 'people don't care' are the ones trying to sweep the fake news chopped 626 mystery video under the rug. U might call it a reoccurring theme or answer to those of us who are asking to see unedited proof - that evidently will never surface - this is a very corrupt business model bca and j.s.

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Ur not a genius. When you say 'people just don't care' - that is painting with a broad brush and only a generalization. They probly did not think that people would reinstate Jim Thorpe's medals when the crooks tried to strip him of his medals - but once they woke up to the larceny - they did reinsate Thorpe's Gold medal. I am tired of hearing the ol adage 'that is the way of the world' as a band aid for the gushing fake news industry - it won't due. legitimacy is kinda imperative and - 'unrung' ain't even a word - but 'reinstated' - IS. Any therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; as for the Official World Record in 14.1 - it still tolls for thee - Willie Mosconi - that is the real way of the universe.There is a flag up on ur 626 chopped video - bca dude i.d. #td873 my ref said - no touchdown. The 'people' like u who say 'people just don't care - in my view are hoping to sweep the phony chopped 626 video under the rug - but thanks for your public statement concerning this matter bca/upa/dancing queen. To take a straight and stronger course - I think it's safe to assume that the majority of individuals who insist that 'people don't care' are the ones trying to sweep the fake news chopped 626 mystery video under the rug. U might call it a reoccurring theme or answer to those of us who are asking to see unedited proof - that evidently will never surface - this is a very corrupt business model bca and j.s.
They may be corrupt and you may be right. But John is still up on the internet in any discussion with Mosconi's record (right or wrong).

This is the way the world is.

It won't go away no matter how much you protest.

Ask for the proof until your last breath. You may never get it.

People will forget all about this. They always do.

-td

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They may be corrupt and you may be right. But John is still up on the internet in any discussion with Mosconi's record (right or wrong).

It won't go away no matter how much you protest.

Ask for the proof until your last breath. You may never get it.

People will forget all about this. They always do.

-td

No, it's not like that.

You can make all the proclamations you want but knowledgeable people have more than sufficient grounds to question the legitimacy of JS', run particularly in light of the fact that he refuses to release unedited video for any reason that makes sense. The only conclusion any reasonable person can make at this point in time is that the video does not support the claim.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, it's not like that.

You can make all the proclamations you want but knowledgeable people have more than sufficient grounds to question the legitimacy of JS', run particularly in light of the fact that he refuses to release unedited video for any reason that makes sense. The only conclusion any reasonable person can make at this point in time is that the video does not support the claim.

Lou Figueroa
Or that he believes he deserves financial gain. Like he said.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, it's not like that.

Lou Figueroa
With all due respect,,, what basis does anyone in the forum feel they are deserved "anything" with regard to the run of 626?

Obviously John provided the BCA information they feel sufficient to publish the run on their website as breaking Mosconi's run of 526:

After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt’s 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record.

JS doesn't have to show it to you, me, or even one of the best in 14.1 for this to be recognized.

Here is the other side of the coin: Why would the BCA compromise their reputation, in an already morally lacking industry, on perpetuating something that isn't true?

What would the BCA have to gain by doing this?

What would the BCA have to lose if they got caught in perpetuating a lie? (only their entire credibility, which is really the only asset they have)

The reality is this: It is none of our damn business, or responsibility to validate this accomplishment.

Everyone in this thread, including me, is just another consumer in the billiard industry. Nothing more, nothing less.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all due respect,,, what basis does anyone in the forum feel they are deserved "anything" with regard to the run of 626?

Obviously John provided the BCA information they feel sufficient to publish the run on their website as breaking Mosconi's run of 526:

After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt’s 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record.

JS doesn't have to show it to you, me, or even one of the best in 14.1 for this to be recognized.

Here is the other side of the coin: Why would the BCA compromise their reputation, in an already morally lacking industry, on perpetuating something that isn't true?

What would the BCA have to lose if they got caught in perpetuating a lie? (only their entire credibility, which is really the only asset they have)

The reality is this: It is none of our damn business, or responsibility to validate this accomplishment.

Everyone in this thread, including me, is just another consumer in the billiard industry. Nothing more, nothing less.
Totally agree. I can hear DH's head exploding from here.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
They may be corrupt and you may be right. But John is still up on the internet in any discussion with Mosconi's record
If j.s. and his new sponsors decide to cast their name with Mosconi's -that is cool with me. However for them to CLAIM they have a video of him achieving a run greater than that of Mosconi's - and then fail to provide legitimate proof to the people (in the form of unedited video) should be illegal - and simply will not suffice in 'The Real American Sports History Book'. In the real world of American history record keeping the 'who u know' won't get the geetus - nor should it deserve to - in relation to such a grandiose claim. There are being steps taken as of late to stop the fake media people. As far as I know - j.s. real high run = 434 - lower in numerical value to that of Willie's 526. Like it or not that is the way of my world - there are many well respected members of this forum who tend to side with me. But again if he wants to put his picture next to Mosconi's for some political or monetary gain i.e. free press - that is his and his sponsors busy ness. As far as the 626 being hot of the press - it is not. So again - fibbing to the public and saying or claiming they did run 626 - that in fact has not been accomplished imho. Not all of us are willing participants in the fake news industry - nor do I myself find there media joke to be comical or entertaining in the least.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If j.s. and his new sponsors decide to cast their name with Mosconi's - that is cool with me, however for them to CLAIM they have a video of him achieving a run greater than that of Mosconi's - and then fail to provide legitimate proof (unedited video) should be illegal - and simply will not suffice in 'The Real American Sports History Book'. In the world of American history records the 'who u know' won't get the geetus - nor should it deserve to. There are being steps taken as of late to stop the fake media people.
Fantasy Land. I dunno nothing about that.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't followed the entire thread. Has anybody figured out who charlie is?
Probably Charlie Williams. At Charlie's last 14.1 tournament, in Florida, John was honored for his run and there was a showing of the video (IIRC). For some, this means that Charlie is part of the lies/conspiracy/thievery/fraud. For others, it just means that Charlie wanted to honor a remarkable achievement among a bunch of people who like 14.1.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member

You make a few good points here. But I can't fault DH for his concerns and critiques. I mean... is the rest of the entire public is left to accept the word of a few people that saw a video once or twice and say it was good? A video with one angle the entire time? A video that is now sealed and tucked away to never be seen again? Sure, I'll play this silly game... Flip it. This could go either way really easily.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You make a few good points here. But I can't fault DH for his concerns and critiques. I mean... is the rest of the entire public is left to accept the word of a few people that saw a video once or twice and say it was good? A video with one angle the entire time? A video that is now sealed and tucked away to never be seen again? Sure, I'll play this silly game... Flip it. This could go either way really easily.
Its one thing to have the opinion that the BCA does not have robust enough rules for your own personal taste. It's a whole different universe when someone contends that it was a vast conspiracy to fake the run.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed it can go either way.

I’m not trying to play a silly game, the bottom line speaks loudest:

Who is the guardian (authority) on billiard records?

If it’s the general billiard community the they should see it.

Or

If it’s the BCA then they should see it, and ironically they’ve published publicly they have seen it.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Agreed it can go either way.

I’m not trying to play a silly game, the bottom line speaks loudest:

Who is the guardian (authority) on billiard records?

If it’s the general billiard community the they should see it.

Or

If it’s the BCA then they should see it, and ironically they’ve published publicly they have seen it.
I get that too. I can see both sides fairly and clearly. It's just not very convincing, and I don't even worry about 14.1.👍

Edited to say, I should have said 'play the silly game'

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Just wanted to reaffirm
He set the record, he just didn't produce the evidence correctly. But sometimes evidence isn't greatly valued. For instance most people have never seen their brain in any form, but would holding it in their hands change reality? Would it be worth it?

Either way producing video evidence isn't easy, not at all. Today with "deep fakes" you'll have to run things like ICANN and have at least 2 key masters and witnesses for each, I know I wouldn't believe it for _certain_ things otherwise (but for billiards I do believe it).

I think whoever is asking if it is an "enhanced for success" video should seriously contemplate just how hard it is from a purely technical standpoint to record _ANYTHING_ in multi-session video without introducing an allowance for corruption. They should seriously think about, because it's not easy... not at all.
This is incorrect, I ran 25 racks here in Mo and it was on camera. Had a fellow az member help me produce the footage - today I continue to make a residual income from that run of 351. I may have not had many camera angles - but the footage is legit. But yea i see yer trying to reach for the techno rabbit hole in desperation - I feel sorry 4 u cron. I guess lightening could strike and there be a power surge - even then a player could set his cue down and resumeplay once the electric power returned.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
If a top shelf 14.1 player has the ability to surpass 526 - the proof will be in the pudding - and not who you know in the media/bca. If a player is legitimately recording his or her runs ( with 1 overhead camera mounted on the wall) and reaches the 500 range in 14.1, when faced with a long tough hit - that players success - at that moment has nothing to do with who they know at the bca or wpa. No matter what the fake news media would lead us to believe - when approaching to make one of the most tough shots ever faced - it truly ain't about who you know - I promise. I have said this before - but I will say it again. If anyone thinks they can steal Mosconi's 526 - and not show unedited proof - they may not want to enumerate their juvenile poultry until the proper process of incubation has finally occurred. Main three material items you will need is camera, table, and line drawn for the rack. Capiche?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.