Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
A friend of mine went to this event a few days ago at the Durbin Theater (I think that is what they called it? Eric Durbin's private...billiard...warehouse - for lack of a better word). It was an opportunity for the group to meet John Schmidt, watch the run, and take lessons from Mark Wilson and Nick Varner. There was a Navy Seal guy giving motivational speeches, and I'm not sure if John gave any lessons. My pal had a great time. He said the run was fun to watch, and he really enjoyed the event.

Was it jocko willinck ?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The pool spooks that won’t forgive me for putting u out to pasture, even if it is just to spread u around like horseshit for fertilizer. I know hirsshit is cheap in northern mochigin.
Whats the heck wrong with Horse sht? I use it in my veggy garden? I in many ways eat it. Here are some onions I grew from it.

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 99

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Your must be winning now?
I'm impressed, I don't even know WTF he was trying to say with that last one so I wasn't going to respond. If backpeddling ever gets into the Olympics he's our man.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
324a00c4730a95f9a7241dfbe45929fb.jpg

Last edited:

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
A friend of mine went to this event a few days ago at the Durbin Theater (I think that is what they called it? Eric Durbin's private...billiard...warehouse - for lack of a better word). It was an opportunity for the group to meet John Schmidt, watch the run, and take lessons from Mark Wilson and Nick Varner. There was a Navy Seal guy giving motivational speeches, and I'm not sure if John gave any lessons. My pal had a great time. He said the run was fun to watch, and he really enjoyed the event.
Its called the Durbin Arena owned by Mike Durbin the cue maker. Great place, Mike spared no expense when he built that place.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
IMAGINE THAT! A fun run to watch. Others providing lessons. USN Seal giving motivational speeches.
Anyone can view the same things on uTube free, in the comfort of their own home.
Play/stop/pause, select play speed 2x, 3x, play reverse. Now, that may be fun, but U’d be hard put to describe viewing it as fun.

You don't give a shit either way but here ya are urvry damn day,

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
AND damn proud of it. BUT I won’t hold ur yuth against u just because u can’t play the game nor the keyboard war very WELL, 🤢 🤮.
Now, this IS fun, railbird fakir. Best at whatever I choose, radar.......

Neither can you pal, that's why you on the interwebs forums yuckin it up with the rest of us

Cuedup

If they trolls were serious about their 'skepticism' they would go to a viewing and actually look for the supposed foul they just know is there. Then they could point to something specific that they believed invalidated the now official high run.

But its easier to lob grenades from the keyboard than actually get out there and do the work.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Another satisfied customer. When will it end ;)

Last night I had the unique privilege of viewing a truly historic event. The breaking of a 65 year world record! 626 balls! Surpassing the previous record by 100 balls!
https://www.facebook.com/mr400.john...o9nLbGJus8QG7lE72geMTjbiQGJohzzA&__tn__=-]K-R
John Schmidt and Jerry McWorter put on a great show, you do not have to be a pool player to thoroughly enjoy this presentation. It has drama, comedy anxiety, heart break and joy. John gives an inside look into the events that lead up to this monster number. This is not the typical player review of a match. You get a glimpse into the mind, heart and soul of the man as he inches ever closer to the record.

If you are in your area and you do not see this you are doing yourself a great disservice! You will be truly entertained.

Mike V.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
From Nick Varner, on his Facebook page:

"Had a great time at the clinic this past weekend. The venue was Mike Durbin’s Billiard Arena. Love going there and playing in the room with such great Equipment. My thanks to Mike Durbin. Definitely pool’s answer to baseball’s field of dreams. It was a real boot camp for pool instruction. We had three instructors Mark Wilson, John Schmidt and myself. The weekend started out on Friday night with a 4 hour review of John Schmidt’s record beating straight pool run of 625 balls. Jerry McWorter helped John with the presentation. Jerry is a 100 ball runner in straight pool himself and an outstanding cue maker. It was so informative and entertaining. To me just making 44 break shots in a row is phenomenal. Glad I got to see this run with the narration and inside scoop from John and Jerry. Next on Saturday and Sunday we got down to the business with the hands on instructional part of the the clinic. The students really worked hard. It was so much fun because the students came with so much excitement and enthusiasm. Thanks to all the students and as usual picked up some valuable information myself. Hard to accomplish anything without enthusiasm."

Status
Not open for further replies.