Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well in the end it is you and few others here saying JS's run was a scam...without any proof (even IF you were right) it is simply a defamation. Good luck with that approach😐 JS provided his proof (unedited vid of the run) to the only authority in USA that could proclaim JS's run a new record which it did. Btw i am not sure you noticed that there were several (10+) people who were present during the whole record run..? Because saying the run was a fraud means that you are saying those people were lying as well. General disregard for the law here on this forum has always amazed me but this thread is really a cherry on the top. I can see now that trying to return back here was silly on my part, nothing good comes from here anymore... :(

When have I said JS' run was a scam?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. Danny and his tribe are alleging that Schmidt, the room owner, the people who attended the run, the BCA, Predator, and maybe Bob Jewett, Mark Wilson, Nick Varner, and others who have reviewed the run., are all in on it.

The run is accepted by all the people who matter.

Danny, Lou, and Danny's Bowel Movement are just talking. They haven't done anything. They haven't contacted the BCA or John Schmidt or Predator or any of the people who have a role They're just making allegations without any evidence. Some of the allegations are delusional. For some reason, they seem to feel that they should be consulted or that they're entitled to a role here, simply because they're fans of Willie Mosconi. I guess their feelings are hurt.

I think Willie would be embarrassed.

If they simply felt that they'd "believe it when they see it", that's fair. But to allege all kinds of nefarious motives to the people who were involved in setting a new high-run record is kind of sad.

You seem to be implying that I am a member of a group saying there's some sort of scam going on on this -- where did I say that?

Lou Figueroa
get with marek to see
if you two can come up
with something

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
You seem to be implying that I am a member of a group saying there's some sort of scam going on on this -- where did I say that?

Lou Figueroa
get with marek to see
if you two can come up
with something
I guess we're playing with words then, 182 pages later (depending on your settings, heh). You claim that you want to see unedited (or un-slowed down) footage in order to believe it. And that the two guys from the BCA who viewed it aren't necessarily credible, yet they certified the record as far as the BCA is concerned.

What does that infer, beyond a possible scam?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
get with marek to see
if you two can come up
with something
Granted..you clearly have maintained plausible deniability, but lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess we're playing with words then, 182 pages later (depending on your settings, heh). You claim that you want to see unedited (or un-slowed down) footage in order to believe it. And that the two guys from the BCA who viewed it aren't necessarily credible, yet they certified the record as far as the BCA is concerned.

What does that infer, beyond a possible scam?

It infers nothing more than the Sagan Maxim: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Maybe he did it, but then again, maybe he didn't.

Lou Figueroa
open minded

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Granted..you clearly have maintained plausible deniability, but lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I believe the proverb goes: if you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas, but i digress.

I don't own a dog and the only pests I see around here are the few guys who -- repeatedly -- tend to make false accusations.

Lou Figueroa

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It infers nothing more than the Sagan Maxim: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lou Figueroa
open minded

Lou Figueroa
open minded

And maybe you have to much time on your hands? And maybe you and Danny are alone on a deserted island with nothing better to do... 😂

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And maybe you have to much time on your hands? And maybe you and Danny are alone on a deserted island with nothing better to do... 😂

What a brilliant, insightful, thoughtful analysis.

I’m sure the guys from Ted Talks will be along momentarily to sign you up.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Im sure the guys from Ted Talks will be along momentarily to sign you up.

Lou Figueroa

Im sure the guys from Ted Talks will be along momentarily to sign you up.

Lou Figueroa

So in this episode of Ted Talks we discuss...

• How to deal with reality and admit when you are wrong.

Today or guest speaker (Lou Figueroa) admits that for the last several months he could not admit the truth. Will this man finally come to grips with reality or will he keep repeating his own version of the truth? Tune in daily!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So in this episode of Ted Talks we discuss...

• How to deal with reality and admit when you are wrong.

Today or guest speaker (Lou Figueroa) admits that for the last several months he could not admit the truth. Will this man finally come to grips with reality or will he keep repeating his own version of the truth? Tune in daily!

wow, more brilliant insight.

The only problem is that I haven’t proposed any version of the truth — I’ve just maintained an open mind.

Given that and your inability to follow the discussion, if I were you I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on that call from Ted Talks, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Well thats an interesting question you brought up. But the analogy is not exactly the same,i will explain my view. What i would do is to ask IRS if that company is in good standing with them and if that company was checked by them recently aka BCA in regards to JS's run. And given the fact that quite a number of people with some very accomplished players/coaches have seen the vid I dont have a reason NOT to believe the feat was not done. I know you object that the vid has been edited,to my knowledge there is a certain part of the vid played at 2x speed at JS's shows while BCA officers have seen the original footage unedited. I understand that JS may have slowed down his play considerably because of the nerves when he was closing in on WM's record run so for that reason it may be better to speed up the vid at his shows. As I myself work with my own pool vids I can tell you that vid played at 2x speed is still very watchable as far as proceedings at the table go,you can still recognize fauls,pots,whatever.
Back to your analogy - while not showing the books to a potential investor would need a VERY thorough explanation and it still may look fishy JS's situation is quite different in that regard - it takes literally one idiot who makes a copy of the vid with the run for JS to lose any chance to further monetize his run,that is unfortunate reality of todays world. So JS is basically forced to keep the vid in private except for his shows if he doesnt want to lose the ability to handle the vid the way he wants. Could the vid be a forgery? Yes,it is technically possible to a certain extent and it doesnt need to be 2x sped up for that. But to my knowledge there were several people (10+) present for the entirety of the run,also JS proved above any doubt that he was able to run crazy numbers (several documented 400+ runs),even you Danny cant deny that + BCA had an access to unedited run and they said the run was ok. It reminds me of Apollo 11 landing on the moon - there are many people who say the landing didnt happen but ghe fact is that such conspiracy would take about 200k people (yes,really about 200k) to keep their mouth shut about the details - which is impossible in the first place. Yes,JS's run is not a moon landing but you get my idea.
So in the end if I look at the whole picture I dont see the reason for JS to risk his reputation by forging the vid if he was capable to break the record,thats my views on all this. I hope that answers your question Danny. I am pretty much sure you will not agree with my point of view but thats how I sincerelly see the whole situation..
Well my first instructional dvd was a 280 ball run - with commentary, the fellow who helped me produce the dvd was a professional. He had the dvd locked, the only way they could dub a copy off was through a special machine (most do not have this particular device). So while yer and j.s. excuse sounds ok - it is not. I sold many copies of my 280 and not just ANY idiot could dub off a copy. I CAN and WILL deny that the bca has access to a unedited copy, this gets back to my investment theory. The two people at bca who originally CLAIMED to have seen unedited proof - are not recognized as 14.1 aficionados - at all. As far as the moon landing - yer getting out in left felt - along with yer buddy cuedup. While the bca - may be yer daddy - I seriously doubt you would bet $10,000 of yer own $ that the bca and or j.s have an unedited run of 626 in 14.1 re rack. Please refrain from posting anymore of yer medical elite diagrams, I am familiar with u hypo glitch types that hide behind science.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The record, like your unnecessary business example, is a product. The BCA, along with a continually growing body of others, are buying the product as you stand on the sidelines crying fraud.

Lol@you.
Not crying fraud, just asking to see the unedited footage - that apparently does not even exist. So please stop with the accusations, again - if Willie's 526 has been surpassed on camera - the World has a right to see the footage. As I stated my business example - is actually a solid analogy, there are many on this forum that are undecided about whether to BELIEVE the possibly phony 626 Claim - however if they had to or invest' their own cash flow - they might not. None of yer weak hollywood cancel culture drones will be able to convince the majority of the public - that Willie's World Record - has in fact been preceded.

Last edited:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, John has recently been woofing at players online to match up. Playing you was once again brought up and John expressed interest. What would it take for the two of you to match up again?

Many of us would love to see it.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Pretty sure he was talking about my tournament deportment as opposed to my play: “I have seen Lou compete in One Pocket and 14.1 - he can play - and is a gentleman to compete against - Champion caliber.”

I try to dress like I have a home to go to at night and behave with some decorum when I’m playing for cash or in a tournament. I probably play better that most guys here, so I think he’s right when he says I can play.

A pro/champion, no. A gentleman, most days : -)

Lou Figueroa
Ok Lou here is my way of measuring this, amateur player in 14.1 = an occasional 50 ball run. If a player runs a century or more in 14.1 - on a respectable table - and it looks Easy - they did not 'get lucky'. You are a gentleman Lou, if the corrupt people hiding the 626 evidence - show you the unedited 626 - and you say their footage is Legit - I would be 95% sure the run is Legit. I would have to save that 5% for my own eyes to see. 95% gets the money.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Danny, John has recently been woofing at players online to match up. Playing you was once again brought up and John expressed interest. What would it take for the two of you to match up again?

Many of us would love to see it.
He, Charlie, and Mark Griffin - if still kickin - would have to show unedited proof of the 626 CLAIM, if you do not have any opinion about the topic at hand - I suggest u take yer busy ness elsewhere. It is my belief - they do not have - what they say they have. I see yer one of the middlemen - if u have an opinion as to why were not allowed to SEE the unedited footage that Willie's Record has been surpassed then - u may state yer opinion - but please refrain from distractive posts. i.e. try to stay on topic - if u can.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I think that's the US Women's Open record, if that's the question. And that might be the ladies' tournament record as well. I guess I'd be pretty surprised if Jasmine or even Jeanette doesn't have a higher tournament 14.1 run.

edit: https://forums.azbilliards.com/thre...-for-high-runs-at-predator-world-14-1.111200/
I noticed in yer and ken's commentary of Tar (14.1) match between j.s. and myself - you and ken mentioned that schmitt was a Mosconi Cup Team member, also noticed y'all did not mention that I too was a Mosconi Cup team member in yer commentary. I think maybe that's because y'all weren't grooming the public for me towards - any attempted theft of Mosconi's 526 - thanks for that accolade fred & fell low' bca collaborators. I really mean that - thanks.:whistle:

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I could run 2000 if I wanted to, but who has the time
not an honest answer - the people below yer post - that liked it - well that makes plenty of sense as well. u try to denigrate any great run in 14.1? So again - honest answers only. If yer lookin to share a joke please do so at yer local tavern - with like minded people who think it is funny to belittle the Championship game of 14.1 re-rack. Those who try to belittle any accomplishment in 14.1 - as if the game were a joke - will unfortunately be noticed and called out. See u in the funny papers troyboy.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I'm an interested observer only here, but I had to comment on this. I don't see anything wrong with how a young DH carried himself in that incident. In fact, the announcers did nothing but heap praise on how well-mannered and polite he was. On a side note, DH was playing pretty strong from what bit I watched.

For the record, if I had to put money on it I'd say that JS did run 626. However, if I was an insurance company who had to pay out $1 million because he broke the record, I wouldn't be paying out until I saw an unedited run. The difference is that with Mosconi you had many people who saw the whole thing. With JS nobody saw the whole thing. We only have the tape so that becomes the proof. I don't have a warm and fuzzy about this run until an unedited tape is made publicly available. Sorry, that's just my gut reaction. Hopefully that will happen when income opportunities for JS dwindle.

Edit: Question -- does anybody know what was edited in the "for show" video? Were chunks of time between racks actually clipped out, or something else?
This is an honest and unbiased opinion, I'm pert near' half way to my first century - so not all that young Mr. White. My interpretation of your post here Dan is you would bet $10 bucks that the run is Legit, However if you had to Bet $10,000 of your own cash - you would not. Is this a fair assessment Dan?

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an honest and unbiased opinion, I'm pert near' half way to my first century - so not all that young Mr. White.
I understand, but you were young in that video, of course.
My interpretation of your post here Dan is you would bet $10 bucks that the run is Legit, However if you had to Bet $10,000 of your own cash - you would not. Is this a fair assessment Dan?
That is fair to say. If you forced me to make a decision right now based on what we know to date, I'd have to say the run is legit. However, if it is my own money on the line I want to see the original video. I think the run should be made public unedited if it is to be accepted universally as the new record. I still don't think this was an exhibition record but more a practice record. Should it matter? Another discussion I guess.

If there is a problem with the run it is more likely a cue ball foul that wasn't noticed or some technical thing like that rather than an intentional scam. That's just my opinion. JS has always been nice to me and my father whenever we had occasion to talk. It was funny -- in one group lesson he gave he said he used to be a real asshole when he was young. His words.

Status
Not open for further replies.