Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Of course what we are getting at is the idea that a record of this magnitude should have no doubt. I'm not expert enough to say what constitutes an edited tape and what does not. I imagine in time the fully raw video will come out.
If you're not an expert how would you possibly know what the "raw" video looks like?

There is no doubt except in the minds of people who demand unreasonable access to other people's work product.

I don't think space travel is possible so I demand that Elon Musk take me to space.

But even though people can express their doubts..... Making accusations of criminal fraud as Danny has done and others have backed in this thread is over the line in my opinion.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Here's a stat that is out there. In 1969
Cranfield ran a 490 then took a break to use the bathroom and wash his hands and ran 493 the very next attempt.
So Cranfield has the highest run ever known at 768 and 893 in 2 innings.
That's Strong right there.
Next incredible Stat is in a race to 1500 in 1968 Luther (Wimpy) Lassiter ran 1139 in 3 consecutive innings.
FWIW I lean more towards JS running 626 than not but it's about 51/49%. So when JS stops making scraps from his movie showings then there should be no reason at all to not show a full unedited video which he still could make money from. There is no reason at all to have edited the run and charged people to watch it. Running the last 200 or so balls at 2x speed is one of the big issues. If ran at regular speed the difference would only be about 20-25 minutes longer which is nothing for a run which is 5 hours long.
Funny that you believe anecdotal reports but verified and certified reports are suspect. Maybe you should have run for the board and put yourself in charge of record claims.

Here is a stat for you, John likely ran more balls in year than everyone here has run in their lifetime. Possibly even when all of their runs are combined.

I find it to be especially great considering the three posters here who seem to be the most bothered by John's world record. The more it bothers them the happier I am. Sometimes we fail to appreciate the small things that don't cost money but which bring great joy.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
In further study - I would be happy to accommodate j.s. and his backers in a Bank Pool session, it is really all I practice anymore. When I play someone like schmitt - I will make sure I lock down the money - brand new Diamond 9 ft equipment here in Spfd,MO perfect for full rack Bank. See if he wants some of that - Bank Pool only - u may find - he does not want to take that action to the bank. I am sure if I started winning he would throw chalk at me (as he did in the 1st TAR ten ball leg when he snookered himself - on camera). j.s. is way too cowardly to even think about playing me in Bank. So again - see if he is looking to climb up that Mountain? I would say he might want to stick to his little theater shows/lecture or presentations of corruption.
In other words, you don't want to play the current world record holder for 14.1 long runs. Understandable.

Maybe John will take up banks next and go after Eddie Taylor's reported 37 in a row. Now that would be awesome to see him bust that record as well, don't you agree?

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're not an expert how would you possibly know what the "raw" video looks like?

There is no doubt except in the minds of people who demand unreasonable access to other people's work product.

I don't think space travel is possible so I demand that Elon Musk take me to space.

But even though people can express their doubts..... Making accusations of criminal fraud as Danny has done and others have backed in this thread is over the line in my opinion.
Don't worry, NASA is involved as well. How do you think they got the fancy video editing software. The moon landing was just a practice run for this moment, when they finally unveiled their ultimate weapon for domination over the docile and gullible sheeple. It'll all be in Danny's book "The Mosconi Code".

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he did it, maybe he didn’t .

I’m with Dan — not bettin’ the house without seeing the raw footage.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yep - it IS possible to create or engineer generalizations - to the Open minded Public - without presenting unedited video evidence (garbage in and garbage out). The analysis we subject the numbers to are - honest efforts at 'elucidation' rather than obfuscation. Elucidation = providing unedited tape of this bca claim of 626. The bca edited theater presentation is just bca/j.s attempt at = obfuscation. Presenting to the public an unedited video of the claim - for purchase = elucidation. It's not exactly quantum physics - just common sense. I am still open minded to viewing the unedited tape - of this CLAIM of 626 - if they have one.
Of course you are but are you willing to bet that they don't? I already said I would bet on John's side of this. Think about it, you could make a ton off of me, more than you have won in pool tournaments in the past 5-10 years probably. You could bring down John and predator and the bca and Mike Bender and all those involved with John's record-breaking quest.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Maybe he did it, maybe he didn’t .

I’m with Dan — not bettin’ the house without seeing the raw footage.

Lou Figueroa
And why should anyone believe you if you did see it? Are you the official keeper of the records?

Why does your opinion matter?

Maybe you're good with John, maybe you're not. Doesn't seem like you are based on what you're posting here. Why should anyone care about or believe your opinion about John's record when you're not even able to convince us that you are good with John like you claimed you are.

The odds that he didn't are zero. No one you know will bet anything significant against it. Not one single person here who thinks John didn't break the record, all three of them, is willing to put their money where their mouths are.

Being mealy-mouthed about it is free and endless though.

Guess the word of Bob Jewett and Fred Agnir and others isn't enough....

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Perhaps he’ll demonstrate his bank prowess for you especially. If he can bank even one ball, it will be more than he banked in his claimed practice 626 run.
Seems to me that if he didn't need to back a ball while running 626 then that is a mark of 14.1 skill.

John is not going to do anything for me. He has already done more than enough for me without thinking of me at all.

This thread is a perfect example of how extra wonderful John's world record run was. Super nobodies who can't carry John's case spending years debating the validity of his world record run after it's been accepted into the record is an entertaining sight.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Want to make a difference, throw him some money. He says he doesn’t make money from his pool playing. He may even thank you with a freebie, but I seriously doubt that, too.
I will when the 626 road show resumes and time permits. I wouldn't dream of asking him to let me in for free. Unlike some here who demand John's work for free I think a man should be paid for his work.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And why should anyone believe you if you did see it? Are you the official keeper of the records?

Why does your opinion matter?

Maybe you're good with John, maybe you're not. Doesn't seem like you are based on what you're posting here. Why should anyone care about or believe your opinion about John's record when you're not even able to convince us that you are good with John like you claimed you are.

The odds that he didn't are zero. No one you know will bet anything significant against it. Not one single person here who thinks John didn't break the record, all three of them, is willing to put their money where their mouths are.

Being mealy-mouthed about it is free and endless though.

Guess the word of Bob Jewett and Fred Agnir and others isn't enough....

Well, the thing is that my opinion counts enough for you to be on here slandering me and calling me a "brown skinned flunky."

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, the thing is that my opinion counts enough for you to be on here slandering me and calling me a "brown skinned flunky."

Lou Figueroa
Not sure what that means but flunky opinions aren't generally considered regardless of skin color.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I never said it was legit and never said it wasn't. I did say I believe, based on information available, that it probably is but I wouldn't bet the house on it unless I could verify it myself. Technically, the run is official if the BCA says it is, or whoever the sanctioning body is, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is legit.
Good enough for the case that holds my cue Dan, as you know - I will keep an Open Mind - till I see unedited evidence of the Claim - the two people at bca and co have manufactured ='s experimental evidence. As for now - Mosconi's World Record 526 in Straight Pool - Stands. Good Day to ya brother.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good enough for the case that holds my cue Dan, Good Day to ya brother.
Do you think any of us feel differently? We all see the evidence and come to our own conclusions.

I doubt any of us are 100% certain about the 626 and are certain the BCA is the keeper of record.

The same conclusion from independent persons nearly always proves the conclusion was accurate. In the case of 626, we not only have independent persons who detected no impropriety, but verified, knowledgeable and trustworthy persons as well.

gerryf

No matter how hard the cancel culture tries - when a special interest group (see bca) CLAIMS to have a unedited video of a 14.1 player running 600+ - it's not about 'who you know'. The unedited video evidence - IS - who you know. Kinda cool how that all comes out in the wash. The bca's business could be dirty - I think of myself as the Mr. Clean of True - 14.1 record keeping.
Gee Danny, that's two years of your and your tiny posse's allegations of fraud and conspiracy.

... and calling yourself "Mr. Clean'....., Ha! Ha! You post so much on this topic, and with incoherent rambllings, that you're actually "Mr. Flake".

It has been suggested that maybe you should look for a better quality weed.

You must have wept when you heard John Schmidt was attempting to break the record. You knew you didn't have a chance to compete against him.

You must have sobbed when it was announced that John Schmidt had succeeded and set a new record! Tears were probably still streaming down your cheeks when you jumped to your computer and started with the fraud and conspiracy allegations.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Here's my public contact info including my paypal account if that would be easier:

http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/bob_address.html

As for the extra drink, I better make it an espresso or two. Four hours of pool video?
I think he forgot to say 4 hrs of 'chopped' video (pool video) the word 'Pool' - in relation to Pocket Billiards - derives from gambling i.e. "gambling video". Hence yer gambling - while viewing - what seems to be a Legit Production. Unedited video for sale of their 626 C;laim = Pocket Billiard World Record video. The bca/j.s/c.w./nytimes theater promo = Non Legit publicity stunt.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been following this from day one. Round and round we go. The same people are all saying the same things over and over again. Please don't stop, it's possibly my favorite thread to check in on!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I am not a fan of Schmidt. I am not a nut-hugger.

Do I think he did it? Yep, I do.

Danny, like you, I think Schmidt is a huge fan and player of straight pool. I am sorry you and John weren't born 75 years ago, when it was huge, and now it is just an afterthought.

My other advice is unless you have proof otherwise, I wouldn't go down the path of Schmidt not doing it.

Believe whatever you want to believe, but again, without proof otherwise, John did it.

Ken
Without an unedited video as definitive proof - that the Open Public can view - any True Student of Proper 14.1 adjudication - will most certainly - always have serious doubt. The bca and it's collaborators - are claiming to have unedited and or qualitative evidence, two years later - they are still hiding that evidence they Claim to have to support their claim? Believe what u want to "" the experimental evidence the bca has provided is nothing more than gained function research to fool Open Public that Mosconi's record is no longer, the bca hollywood 626 producers and or directors are laughable at best. I say keep them far away from Willie Mosconi's Legit 526 World Record. It also Pertinent to note that Mosconi - never claimed to have caught an unedited 526 - on camera - bca,j.s./c.w - are. I think the bca meant they have a 'pool video' to share with Semi Public rather than A 'Pocket Billiard Video' of a player surpassing a True World Record. It would appear that their term "Semi Public" equates to edited or chopped footage, while "Open Public" ='s unedited and or Legit footage, consider me apart of the Open Public. Ohh I am not a fan' of anything in this World, a student of 14.1 - yes. I'm not fan' enough to show up at a theater to view their chopped video - now that would truly be fanatical - and stupid in my view.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without an unedited video as definitive proof - that the Open Public can view - any True Student of Proper 14.1 adjudication - will most certainly - always have serious doubt. The bca and it's collaborators - are claiming to have unedited and or qualitative evidence, two years later - they are still hiding that evidence they Claim to have to support their claim? Believe what u want to "" the experimental evidence the bca has provided is nothing more than gained function research to fool Open Public that Mosconi's record is no longer, the bca hollywood 626 producers and or directors are laughable at best. I say keep them far away from Willie Mosconi's Legit 526 World Record. It also Pertinent to note that Mosconi - never claimed to have caught an unedited 526 - on camera - bca,j.s./c.w - are. I think the bca meant they have a 'pool video' to share with Semi Public rather than A 'Pocket Billiard Video' of a player surpassing a True World Record. It would appear that their term "Semi Public" equates to edited or chopped footage, while "Open Public" ='s unedited and or Legit footage, consider me apart of the Open Public. Ohh I am not a fan' of anything in this World, a student of 14.1 - yes. I'm not fan' enough to show up at a theater to view their chopped video - now that would truly be fanatical - and stupid in my view.
You're definitely apart of something...

gerryf

I think he forgot to say 4 hrs of 'chopped' video (pool video) the word 'Pool' derives from gambling i.e. "gambling video". Hence yer gambling - while viewing - what seems to be a Legit Production. Unedited video for sale of their 626 C;laim = Pocket Billiard World Record video. The bca/j.s/c.w. theater promo = Non Legit publicity stunt.
Danny, you're responding to a three month old post.

Don't you have anything new to say?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiny posse's members also have the right to their opinions, just like opinions of the multitudes that would include the fifteen posters that all feel the need to repeat their own inaccuracies of the stats for the claim.
Add them to the 150 or so that attest to the viewing of the edited videotape. Any numbers above that totals is truly falsified stats.
Seems to be very short of the masses/multitudes that are being claimed to having accepted the legitimacy of claim.
John Schmidt has not stated that he attended the BCA reps viewing of the unedited videotape. The Billiards Digest article suggests that Doug Desmond, alone, flew the unedited videotape to the viewing.
Who is the ‘owner’ of the ‘unedited videotape’ in question?
Could the BCA reps have certified the claim without having even spoken with the 14.1 pool player(shooter)?
Only one other person has admitted that he had viewed the unedited videotape and also attended the four hour viewing of the sound dubbed and edited videotape. That person has not said that the two tapes are one and the same.
Ours not to reason why,
Ours but to do or die,
Into ‘THE VALLEY OF DEATH’ went the 626!
How fitting!
76B462C8-C133-43A3-9DF3-33DE811EC796.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.