Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It really is unfortunate when the only way a property like 626 vid can be protected )as intellectual property) is by withholding it.

If it had any real tangible value, it would be on an established subscriber-based platform though. Not from a dudes garage
There is hardly any value to a subscriber-access when the content can be downloaded or recorded through a screen-recorder.

The tangible value now is in the experience that people can have with the person who did it. John is also a US Open winner.

Many players make a living from such exhibitions and there are plenty of people alive and willing to spend 50/100$ for a special experience. I have seen people pay a couple hundred to be closer to Efren and play a race to three.

With the right marketing I can see John and his team being able to make decent money from this for years to come.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
It is my humble opinion that those who show up for any of the bca chopped 626 footage theater shows - are either not true 14.1 aficionados - or incredibly inept. It is imperative to know the difference between a 'recommendation' and 'extraordinary evidence' - as poor quality evidence - can lead to recommendations that are NOT in the honest tax paying citizens - best interest - and certainly not based off factual information. When csi/bca hides the 'sufficient' evidence (as cowards will do) i.e. unedited video (they claim to have) all were left with is inconclusive rebuttals between the cancel culture supporters and Honest 14.1 students/Sports Historians. This is a very sad state of affairs for those who are tryin to pass off a chopped video as verifiable evidence, j.s./csi/c.w. must have been in a purty desperate position to try and pull off the stunt they are currently TRYING to sell. If you want to see the whole run of 626 in it's entirety and unedited - u have been waiting over two years. So again many here on az have offered good $ for their own signed copy of this grandiose claim - after two years - continue to wait.
Should the bca be allowed to use Mosconi's name and then not provide any unedited proof to the 14.1 aficionados - that Willies World Record - has in fact been surpassed? I say NO, Mosconi's World Record of 526 balls pocketed - is not for sale or rent - to the pitiful hollywood cancel culture. This is the end for csi Cue Sports International and also for charlie williams 14.1 hall of famer banquet - as it should be. Trying to steal Sports History Records - is serious business - I say they are just scavengers tryin to make a quick buck on a cheap theater show/publicity stunt. Unless they DO offer what ever unedited footage they have for sale to Open Public - in disc form - this may never happen - as it is tough to sell - what they don't have. All of the above demonstrates why Mosconi's 526 is recognized from the Smithsonian Institute and the j.s./c.w./bca/csi claim - is not.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is my humble opinion that those who show up for any of the bca chopped 626 footage theater show - are either not true 14.1 aficionados - or incredibly inept.
Why? Do you believe it better to form opinions about things by ignoring evidence?

That would actually explain quite a bit about you...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is hardly any value to a subscriber-access when the content can be downloaded or recorded through a screen-recorder.

The tangible value now is in the experience that people can have with the person who did it. John is also a US Open winner.

Many players make a living from such exhibitions and there are plenty of people alive and willing to spend 50/100$ for a special experience. I have seen people pay a couple hundred to be closer to Efren and play a race to three.

With the right marketing I can see John and his team being able to make decent money from this for years to come.
I was referring to the value to the host, not the consumer.

Netflix/ Amazon, etc...would disagree that there isn't money in paid access to video content

Of course, the perceived income of offering 626 in a ppv/ subscription setting approaches $0...so we are where we are, as is Mr. 626.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
It has been around 2 years(?!) since that run happened! Has it become public yet for someone to see it, or it stays hidden?
If yer referring to "it" as unedited footage for sale to Open Public - that answer is - No. They do have a chopped footage theater reel, as for Real time game footage and unedited - I guarantee u they are hiding that - fear and concealment seem to correlate. Yes they (bca) have been hiding that "it" for two years, hoping that the skepticism and or this thread - would go away. Just as I told Brady B. here on az - he owed me $2,000 for a tournament - that he had promoted - the problem won't go away - he finally had to admit the truth and pay me what he owed. I will tell the bca corrupt record keepers - this too will not go away. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands. Does anyone wonder why the Smithsonian does not recognize the 626 theater show as Legit? I have an answer - unlike the nytimes - the Smithsonian Institute - requires "Extraordinary Evidence" before supporting any claim. See y'all next week, as Fatboy said I will check in to see if the bca have produced any REAL evidence once a week - to support the claim they are trying to have the Open Public Adopt as verifiable evidence. The bca owes American Public - the truth. Oh Mark Griffin (csi) Dan Harriman said Harry' :) up with the unedited tape of yer grandiose claim - if there is any real footage - I seriously doubt there is other than yer little phony 626 theater prop.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I was referring to the value to the host, not the consumer.

Netflix/ Amazon, etc...would disagree that there isn't money in paid access to video content

Of course, the perceived income of offering 626 in a ppv/ subscription setting approaches $0...so we are where we are, as is Mr. 626.
Yes but when the content is severely limited then the value is going to be low. Netflix and other major digital rights holders have the resources to go after infringers. Small time producers do not.

John could put up PPV access tomorrow and the next day someone else might start posting it in places that John can't possibly have it taken down.

All that said, maybe John should make it into an NFT and then once someone buys it he can release it to the public at large. Seems like the way to monetize such a video for crazy amounts these days.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If yer referring to "it" as unedited footage for sale to Open Public - that answer is - No. They do have a chopped footage theater reel, as for Real time game footage and unedited - I guarantee u they are hiding that - fear and concealment seem to correlate. Yes they (bca) have been hiding that "it" for two years, hoping that the skepticism and or this thread - would go away. Just as I told Brady B. here on az - he owed me $2,000 for a tournament - that he had promoted - the problem won't go away - he finally had to admit the truth and pay me what he owed. I will tell the bca corrupt record keepers - this too will not go away. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands. Does anyone wonder why the Smithsonian does not recognize the 626 theater show as Legit? I have an answer - unlike the nytimes - the Smithsonian Institute - requires "Extraordinary Evidence" before supporting any claim. See y'all next week, as Fatboy said I will check in to see if the bca have produced any REAL evidence once a week - to support the claim they are trying to have the Open Public Adopt as verifiable evidence. The bca owes American Public - the truth. Oh Mark Griffin - Dan Harriman said Harry' :) up with the unedited tape of yer grandiose claim - if there is any real footage - I seriously doubt there is other than yer little phony 626 theater prop.
Can you please show us where the Smithsonian has rejected John Schmidt's world record? You seem to have some inside information on how the Smithsonian operates and some idea that they are some sort of official keeper of sports records.

I will bet $50,000 on John Schmidt if you all play a 1000 point race. All of your accusations aside the fact remains that John is a far superior straight pool player between you both. Play that block and he might beat Mosconi's record again while beating you and you can witness it from your chair.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It is my humble opinion that those who show up for any of the bca chopped 626 footage theater shows - are either not true 14.1 aficionados - or incredibly inept.
This doesn't sound humble at all. And honestly anyone who thinks that Bob Jewett isn't a true 14.1 aficionado doesn't know what that word means. I am fairly sure that Bob would easily beat you mercilessly in 14.1 trivia.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes but when the content is severely limited then the value is going to be low. Netflix and other major digital rights holders have the resources to go after infringers. Small time producers do not.

John could put up PPV access tomorrow and the next day someone else might start posting it in places that John can't possibly have it taken down.

All that said, maybe John should make it into an NFT and then once someone buys it he can release it to the public at large. Seems like the way to monetize such a video for crazy amounts these days.
I'm not sure how you got so many words out of that.

There's no money in the vid and those who have the resources to get a sustainable income stream out of it know the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

gerryf

Danny Harriman, June 11 2021: If yer referring to "it" as unedited footage for sale to Open Public - that answer is - No. They do have a chopped footage theater reel, as for Real time game footage and unedited - I guarantee u they are hiding that - fear and concealment seem to correlate. Yes they (bca) have been hiding that "it" for two years, hoping that the skepticism and or this thread - would go away. Just as I told Brady B. here on az - he owed me $2,000 for a tournament - that he had promoted - the problem won't go away - he finally had to admit the truth and pay me what he owed. I will tell the bca corrupt record keepers - this too will not go away. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands. Does anyone wonder why the Smithsonian does not recognize the 626 theater show as Legit? I have an answer - unlike the nytimes - the Smithsonian Institute - requires "Extraordinary Evidence" before supporting any claim. See y'all next week, as Fatboy said I will check in to see if the bca have produced any REAL evidence once a week - to support the claim they are trying to have the Open Public Adopt as verifiable evidence. The bca owes American Public - the truth. Oh Mark Griffin - Dan Harriman said Harry' :) up with the unedited tape of yer grandiose claim - if there is any real footage - I seriously doubt there is other than yer little phony 626 theater prop.

Ha! Ha! Danny! You keep repeating the same stuff over and over again, then go back and delete your posts, then come back and repeat the same stuff over and over again! When i did a search, over 99% of your posts in the past three years were complaining about John Schmidt.

You don't seem to understand that you're an insignificant force in the billiard world. You just complain and talk, talk and complain. A lot of people have lost respect for you because of your incessant rambling and inchorent arguments. There are other people out there who actually do stuff for billiards, like Bob Jewitt, Mark Wilson, Nick Varner, Johnny Archer, Freddie Agnir.

Whining about your poor lot in life isn't going to make you respected. Alleging corruption and fraud in all directions just makes you look more pathetic. Ask your friends.

You should try and get a life.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If yer referring to "it" as unedited footage for sale to Open Public - that answer is - No. They do have a chopped footage theater reel, as for Real time game footage and unedited - I guarantee u they are hiding that - fear and concealment seem to correlate. Yes they (bca) have been hiding that "it" for two years, hoping that the skepticism and or this thread - would go away. Just as I told Brady B. here on az - he owed me $2,000 for a tournament - that he had promoted - the problem won't go away - he finally had to admit the truth and pay me what he owed. I will tell the bca corrupt record keepers - this too will not go away. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands. Does anyone wonder why the Smithsonian does not recognize the 626 theater show as Legit? I have an answer - unlike the nytimes - the Smithsonian Institute - requires "Extraordinary Evidence" before supporting any claim. See y'all next week, as Fatboy said I will check in to see if the bca have produced any REAL evidence once a week - to support the claim they are trying to have the Open Public Adopt as verifiable evidence. The bca owes American Public - the truth. Oh Mark Griffin - Dan Harriman said Harry' :) up with the unedited tape of yer grandiose claim - if there is any real footage - I seriously doubt there is other than yer little phony 626 theater prop.
Literally, all your points have been refuted and your lies exposed.

Shame you've put so many on ignore...or is it entertaining?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Charles Harriman just make a plea to mark Griffen to provide the video?

Should somebody let mark gregory know there's a +/- 25% chance he will be called to task next?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Whoa, there old paint, how superior a straight pool player do you profess John to be? Tell us again about all of those world championships that he holds amongst championship contenders in the last dozen or so years.
There is a major difference in the competitive game of straight pool and that farcical hi-run rigamarole that y’all fell for hook, line and sinker.
More than Danny has afaik. But hey, I said what I said and if Danny wants my 50k all he has to do is make a game with John. Just don't give John a shot or he might run 2-300 on you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I'm not sure how you got so many words out of that.

There's no money in the vid and those who have the resources to get a sustainable income stream out of it know the juice ain't worth the squeeze.
There is money in it and John is on the right track to make what can be made off of it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is money in it and John is on the right track to make what can be made off of it.
We agree?

It is a pittance, unfortunately.

With the world reopening, I hope John and his people develop some efficiencies and get that Show on the road in a profitable manner

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Pool as a whole usually can't organize a one car parade but somehow 10 people, a sports sanctioning body, several news organizations, 6 equipment suppliers and at least two national governments got together and spent 2 years faking that they broke an obscure record...one which half the people who know about it don't think it's really the record...and are doing their best to not make money with it.

Not exactly the next Oceans 11 series storyline plot.

...makes perfect sense

...I can’t believe I didn't see it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
#1) Well, I can't believe this thread has gone on almost 100 pages now.

#2) In any event, even if Schmidt's record is in the books with an asterisk - it'll still be in the books. 10 / 20 / 30 / 50 [whatever] years from now, someone will still be able to look back and see his name. Like most other things in life, I'm pretty sure this thread will be long forgotten...

#3) see #1

-td
But they will NOT be able to look back and see the ACTUAL UNEDITED VIDEO as a form of documentation or evidence, Willie Mosconi and Brunswick never claimed to have caught the 526 - ON CAMERA - bca - IS making the claim - with their phony 626. Although they choose to hide the evidence, interesting also that bca claims j.s. (who cannot win against me in Straight Pool) to have a video - but the World is not allowed to see an unedited version of the 626? I think it will be in the books alright - the title should not read chasing greatness - but rather attempting to erase greatness - through a cheap publicity stunt. Mosconi's long standing World Record deserves better than the 'cancel culture bureaucrat adopted cowards'. I know that is a long title - but they are complex little cabal. I GUESS THAT IS WHY WE HAVE THE Smithsonian Institute - where Mosconi's True World Record Stands tall above the cancel culture elites.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I saw the ketchup commercial. It was actually quite remarkable and somewhat disgusting.

And now this message from the Ketchup Advisory Board:
https://www.prairiehome.org/story/2000/01/29/ketchup-advisory-board.html
Another advisory board - might advise u to stick to yer rule guru gig, u would find out I am more scholarly than u in any form of Billiards - including that of the 3 cushion discipline. Good luck with yer cancel culture gig as well bob. I find ur adoption of cancel culture folklore as fact - to be way more disgusting than that ketchup promo - I did as a request from a friend.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
One of the breaks below the rack was a one-rail break. No other break shot hit the cushion first. He was fortunate to get past that one-rail break as the cue ball ended up below the rack.
Thanks for the play by plea' - bob - where is the unedited video for the world to see Mosconi's true record - is no longer? We have seen plenty of high light reels and academia's of ill repute. U must be apart of the carefully selected World Record video adjudication Elites - lol. maybe bca will adopt u as their nations 'leading rule expert' in relation to unedited video proof - or lack there of.

Last edited:

gerryf

But they will NOT be able to look back and see the ACTUAL UNEDITED VIDEO as a form of documentation or evidence, Willie Mosconi and Brunswick never claimed to have caught the 526 - ON CAMERA - bca - IS making that claim. Although they choose to hide the evidence, interesting also that bca claims j.s. (who cannot win against me in Straight Pool) to have a video - but the World is not allowed to see an unedited version of the 626. I think it will be in the books alright - the title should not read chasing greatness - but rather attempting to erase greatness - through a cheap publicity stunt. Mosconi's long standing World Record deserves better than the 'cancel culture bureaucrat adopted cowards'. I know that is a long title - but they are complex little cabal.
Another advisory board - might advise u to stick to yer rule guru gig, u would find out I am more scholarly than u in any form of Billiards - including that of the 3 cushion discipline. Good luck with yer cancel culture gig as well bob.
Thanks for the play by play bob - where is the unedited video for the world to see Mosconi's true record - is no longer. We have seen plenty of high light reels and academia's of ill repute.
Danny Harriman! Do you have a calendar? You're responding to posts made three or more months ago!! Again!!

I know you're struggling to find something to keep your hatred for John Schmidt going, but don't you have anything new? All your whining and objections have been answered many times over.

There are many people in the 14.1 community who have already written you off as a loser. You only seem to have one or two friends left. Do you think this will help?

Status
Not open for further replies.