Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
That was a question in my first post. Where does this stand now? Was this ever made public? If so, and edited, what was edited? (Speeded up?) I thought I saw that it ultimately was public for a while, maybe I am making that up, or misread.

I'd love to see it personally. I say that because not because of any record validation purposes, but because my high run is embarrassingly low, and I would love to see a person get through so many racks and try to learn from how he does it. I don't lose sleep over it though, because I am new to this argument\point of contention, and I can learn from the many runs that are out there to view.

From a record perspective, I don't care. Those that are respected in the industry have seen, and are good with it. A phenomenal achievement in my books...
Actually those who have helped to rubber stamp it through the ny times and bca - are all linked to sponsorship - with john. I am kinda respected - within the industry (bronze medal at charlie's international event) 2 time DCC 14.1 Champion - and I have not seen any unedited footage of their claim, so ya conflict of interest - would apply here with the bca. I would question those people u say are respected in the industry, most of whom have strong ties within the bca - one of j.s's hidden sponsors. So again there are many well respected Top players who have not seen the 626 footage - so for me the only thing that is phenom about it - is how many oblivious human sheep will tag along with a claim that has no significant evidence to support - yer in that dept as well. Don't misread - I ain't making anything up - not in my dna to do so.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Probably Charlie Williams. At Charlie's last 14.1 tournament, in Florida, John was honored for his run and there was a showing of the video (IIRC). For some, this means that Charlie is part of the lies/conspiracy/thievery/fraud. For others, it just means that Charlie wanted to honor a remarkable achievement among a bunch of people who like 14.1.
A chopped video - will NEVER be a remarkable accomplishment - no matter how many phony accolades it has to try and keep it propped' up. There is only a small group (that r friendly with poor schmidt) whom believe the 626 claim. There are 'a bunch of people' who are honest that have asked to take a close look at the 626 footage - to no avail - unedited video will never be released. As I have stated the hall of fame has it's requirements - and they have to be met - I guess a chopped video that is hidden for public to purchase and clarify - is one of those prewrecks' of the bca hall of fame. I wish i could laugh at the 'hollywood folklore woke culture' - but I don't find them comical.

Last edited:

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually those who have helped to rubber stamp it through the ny times and bca - are all linked to sponsorship - with john. I am kinda respected - within the industry (bronze medal at charlie's international event) 2 time DCC 14.1 Champion - and I have not seen any unedited footage of their claim, so ya conflict of interest - would apply here with the bca. I would question those people u say are respected in the industry, most of whom have strong ties within the bca - one of j.s's hidden sponsors. So again there are many well respected Top players who have not seen the 626 footage - so for me the only thing that is phenom about it - is how many oblivious human sheep will tag along with a claim that has no significant evidence to support - yer in that dept as well. Don't misread - I ain't making anything up - not in my dna to do so.

LOL. Thanks for the response. Congratulations on your achievements. In my opinion, from what I have read through some of these crazy long posts, where you are extremely active, you do yourself a disservice and that has the potential to take from the respect you have no doubt earned through stellar play. Perhaps you have a job outside of pool and none of that matters.

If JS invited you to a private viewing, you sat there with your longtime buddy and watched the 4+ hours as many times as you wanted with pausing till your heart was content, there was no slowdowns, would you come back here and say well done, it was real, and walk away from these posts\arguments?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
LOL. Thanks for the response. Congratulations on your achievements. In my opinion, from what I have read through some of these crazy long posts, where you are extremely active, you do yourself a disservice and that has the potential to take from the respect you have no doubt earned through stellar play. Perhaps you have a job outside of pool and none of that matters.

If JS invited you to a private viewing, you sat there with your longtime buddy and watched the 4+ hours as many times as you wanted with pausing till your heart was content, there was no slowdowns, would you come back here and say well done, it was real, and walk away from these posts\arguments?
And give up his only reason to get out of bed in the morning? He won't agree to that and I predict he will just give some evasive shuck and jive non-answer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What should they have done differently?
I don’t know.

While I’m a marketer, I wish I had a answer for this.

I can guess, but it’s not a solid thing.

If you know you have the skill to exceed 526 ahead of doing it, going out and marketing the “breaking of a XX year old record” and waking the world up to mosconi’s record would have put more attention on the subject so when JS did surpass it-it would have triggered more peoples attention and therefore been more meaningful.

Planning ahead is the best answer I can give-and that’s weak. But it’s the best I can come up with.

Breaking a XX year old forgotten record and then trying to cash in on that was backwards imo.

In any event, let’s hope for the best for pool and keep doing out thing.

Best
Fatboy😀

Ps I’m not getting involved in the endless argument if it’s validity. I’m side stepping that issue. I have no interest in debating that. I’m cool with JS & Danny. I intend on keeping it that way. I’m not on a “side”.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member

Only if it was for sale and in disc form (standard procedure). After I viewed it at home on my dvd player - I would accept it - as would many other 14.1 enthusiasts. You do yerself a tremendous disservice in accepting the 626 claim - without having seen the run - in unedited disc form. A player (I would reference a past az member who had a pic of him and schmidt on his avatar here on az in the 14.1 section). He got caught promoting a phony run in 14.1 - here on az, he claimed a super high run - but know one had ever heard of him running 100's. He released the footage to someone here on az and they put it on a graph to see of any foul play, the graph caught him cheating and he had to admit to cheating on his run, he even kept his account here on az after the fact - wow. My question to you is - how come the 626 run is not subjected to the same graph scrutiny that john's pal (who got caught cheating) was subjected to? Is the reason because he has the bca as one of his sponsors? If unedited footage ever is released - in dvd - I would accept it, john is a great 14.1 playa but he is a front runner and often times underestimates his opponents, when he gets behind in a match he loses his composure and has melt downs, resulting in poor behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. So in a long set - against another top player he does not have the demeanor to be a Champion. If u believe everthang u hear and or accept those rumors as verbatim - that is pretentious in nature and u will probly end up losing in life _ puma.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I would love to see a person get through so many racks and try to learn from how he does it.
I have a 351 (25 racks completed with no miss) it only has one speed and is not shown in any obscure thea'trick'al venues, so again it is unedited or non doctored footage - and is for sale. So let me know if u truly r interested in seeing real time/unedited footage of a large run - that has REAL FACTUAL EVIDENCE - to support. I will send u a disc in mail - the cost is $40.00 American. I am not worried about copy cats - I just like to be able to offer the Genuine Article or dvd and not hide from proving the dvd is real. Hiding is for coward's - again not in my DNA.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Only if it was for sale and in disc form (standard procedure). After I viewed it at home on my dvd player - I would accept it - as would many other 14.1 enthusiasts. You do yerself a tremendous disservice in accepting the 626 claim - without having seen the run - in unedited disc form. A player (I would reference a past az member who had a pic of him and schmidt on his avatar here on az in the 14.1 section). He got caught promoting a phony run in 14.1, he claimed a super high run - but know one had ever heard of him running 100's. He released the footage to someone here on az and they put it on a graph to see of any foul play, the graph caught him cheating and he had to admit to cheating on his run, he even kept his account here on az after the fact - wow. My question to you is - how come the 626 run is not subjected to the same graph scrutiny that john's pal (who got caught cheating) was subjected to? Is the reason because he has the bca as one of his sponsors? If unedited footage ever is released - in dvd - I would accept it, john is a great 14.1 playa but he is a front runner and often times underestimates his opponents, when he gets behind in a match he loses his composure and has melt downs, resulting in poor behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. So in a long set - against another top player he does not have the demeanor to be a Champion. So again if u believe everthang u hear - that is pretentious in nature and u will probly end up losing in life _ puma.
Bull$hit. You'd shift all of your focus at that point on claiming how it didn't count because there was no opponent. You will never stop your jealous tantrum, and that's a good thing. Most of us love seeing it!

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only if it was for sale and in disc form (standard procedure). After I viewed it at home on my dvd player - I would accept it - as would many other 14.1 enthusiasts. You do yerself a tremendous disservice in accepting the 626 claim - without having seen the run - in unedited disc form. A player (I would reference a past az member who had a pic of him and schmidt on his avatar here on az in the 14.1 section). He got caught promoting a phony run in 14.1 - here on az, he claimed a super high run - but know one had ever heard of him running 100's. He released the footage to someone here on az and they put it on a graph to see of any foul play, the graph caught him cheating and he had to admit to cheating on his run, he even kept his account here on az after the fact - wow. My question to you is - how come the 626 run is not subjected to the same graph scrutiny that john's pal (who got caught cheating) was subjected to? Is the reason because he has the bca as one of his sponsors? If unedited footage ever is released - in dvd - I would accept it, john is a great 14.1 playa but he is a front runner and often times underestimates his opponents, when he gets behind in a match he loses his composure and has melt downs, resulting in poor behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. So in a long set - against another top player he does not have the demeanor to be a Champion. If u believe everthang u hear and or accept those rumors as verbatim - that is pretentious in nature and u will probly end up losing in life _ puma.

RE: me being pretentious in life and probably end up losing in life because if I believe everything I hear...

Wow. Thanks for your input. From "one of the best in 14.1", I'll take that life advice for what it is worth.

I am done here. Good luck.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Roger that, but u failed to answer my question - I originally asked. Also it would seem there is a market for a broke pool player - if he can compare (enter the corrupt hall of fame card) himself to a past Champion - such as Mosconi. Willie Mosconi did not claim to have caught the run on camera - as where j.s./ c.w. - have. At the Smithsonian they DO have the signed affidavit (evidence) to show to public, so as nothing to hide. schmidtty and charlie do not have any unedited video - for public to view, this makes their claim bogus and shady - casting j.s 626 CLAIM - in a bad light. Also anyone who does attend their little theater show - does not leave with a signed copy - this gives more support to the 626 claim - being false. To believe in something - is a type of personal investment. I choose to see the numbers i.e. unedited video, before accepting it as a new record. So they get to steal Mosconi's record and Claim the reason for not showing unedited proof for sale - is they are afraid it will get stolen - that is ironic? So I will ask u one more time - since u had trouble answering the first time. If u were interested in purchasing a pool room - from a seller whom u did not know well and thought u saw a bargain deal - would u want to travel there and study the books, or would u just accept the owners word that 'business is good' and send him the dough? I no think u would invest in a venture unless u knew for sure it was genuine. There is a new 14.1 challenge, if true success is achieved - when it comes to providing proof - they will show the public their numbers and offer it for sale - as to avoid any bad publicity. People who hide the product they are trying to promote - are inevitably running from the truth and or have alterior' motive for having done so. I make good investments when it comes to Pocket Billiards - just ask yer buddy j.s. - he and bca got to take a close look at my 14.1 investment ability - it's Genuine. I agree with Fatboy, they (j.s. teem) failed miserably - to monetize or even convince the public that any new World Record in 14.1 has been achieved. The people who end up in the j.s. edited theater show - are small indeed, had john claimed to have run 626 - without a camera - his claim would have been better received.
His claim was never going to be accepted by you no matter what, let's get that clear. Second, just because John don't want to sell the unedited version of the recording, that's NOT proof that it don't exist, as you claim. Buying a bar is NOT the same thing as trying to discredit someone like John just because he refuses to sell YOU a copy of the unedited original copy! And think about this for a minute, in order to make an edited copy, you MUST have the unedited original with which to make it from!! And yet still, the witness affidavits still exist, which is the SAME credibility Willie Mosconi provided, so it that was good enough for HIM, why is it NOT good enough for John Schmidt, REGUARDLESS of the video recording????

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just spouting credibility provided doesn’t make it so or the same.
Mosconi affidavit included over 30 signees. Most of whom were unknown to Willie.
Schmidt affidavit included 8 signees. Of those eight were;
John’s wife, biased no doubt
Team and financial support member, rack man, Doug Desmond, biased no doubt
Team and financial support member Doug Desmond’s wife, biased no doubt
East Side Billiards pool parlor owner and team support James Forest, biased no doubt
This ain’t like working on tables. Know the facts.
Get off the deadman’s back.
At least have the balls to say what you really mean, they're ALL LIARS in your opinion, right?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Opinions are like ?????
Again, you said it. I didn't.
More accusations from the peanut gallery.
You've stated yours.
And when opinions don't support the facts, what is it then called. Conspiracies, opinions in the absence of facts!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
They are still only opinions and as such, carry no weight.
Except for the fact that your opinions are deliberately calling the WITNESSES liars, and that they DIDN'T see JS run 626 consecutive balls, REGUARDLESS of the edited video for showing people in groups, edited for time constraints, NOT for content! I've seen the video myself as well, and know John personally, and gambled with John way back before he even won the 2006 US Ooen 9B championship, and yes we were playing 14.1 back then!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You are full of shit! I’ll look you dead in the eye and call you a liar. You and several other posters here take the same position that only your screwed up opinions are pure truth and everyone else has some type of mental/psychological problem and don’t hesitate to plaster them with their ridiculous theoretical bullshit.
I don’t give a damn what you played or who you played or when you played.
You don’t get the liberty to accuse me of any damn thing.
No, you're just in stupid denial of the truth because it don't support your BS opinion!

gerryf

A chopped video - will NEVER be a remarkable accomplishment - no matter how many phony accolades it has to try and keep it propped' up. There is only a small group (that r friendly with poor schmidt) whom believe the 626 claim. There are 'a bunch of people' who are honest that have asked to take a close look at the 626 footage - to no avail - unedited video will never be released. As I have stated the hall of fame has it's requirements - and they have to be met - I guess a chopped video that is hidden for public to purchase and clarify - is one of those prewrecks' of the bca hall of fame. I wish i could laugh at the 'hollywood folklore woke culture' - but I don't find them comical.
Danny, welcome back!

Once again you're responding to a post that's more than a year old as if it were posted yesterday. Your arguments a year ago were already dismissed as fluff.

gerryf

... john is a great 14.1 playa but he is a front runner and often times underestimates his opponents, when he gets behind in a match he loses his composure and has melt downs, resulting in poor behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. So in a long set - against another top player he does not have the demeanor to be a Champion.
Hi Danny, yes, i can understand why you would think John Schmidt is a great 14.1 player.

On another thread today it was pointed out that the DCC 14.1 Challenge has been run from 2006 to 2019.

John Schmidt has placed in the money every year (except 2013), for a total of 13 times. This is more than any other player in the WHOLE WORLD. Dennis Orcollo is second with 10 placings.

Danny Harriman has only placed in the money 3 times.

So John Schmidt is clearly the preeminent US 14.1 player. Corey Deuel has 5, Johnny Archer has 4, and you, Beau Runningen, and Charlie Williams have 3 placings. (I think that explains your hate for Charlie Williams as well??)

Your avatar says "one of the best in 14.1", and we were trying to figure out what John Schmidt's avatar should be.
I think Schmidt should have "More than four times better than Danny Harriman", but another favorite is "333% better at 14.1 than Danny Harriman"

What do you think?

Oh yeah, I also read that the reason Schmidt didn't place in 2013 was that he didn't compete that year because someone named Xradarx had bitten him in the kneecap.

History is just so interesting!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Danny, yes, i can understand why you would think John Schmidt is a great 14.1 player.

On another thread today it was pointed out that the DCC 14.1 Challenge has been run from 2006 to 2019.

John Schmidt has placed in the money every year (except 2013), for a total of 13 times. This is more than any other player in the WHOLE WORLD. Dennis Orcollo is second with 10 placings.

Danny Harriman has only placed in the money 3 times.

So John Schmidt is clearly the preeminent US 14.1 player. Corey Deuel has 5, Johnny Archer has 4, and you, Beau Runningen, and Charlie Williams have 3 placings. (I think that explains your hate for Charlie Williams as well??)

Your avatar says "one of the best in 14.1", and we were trying to figure out what John Schmidt's avatar should be.
I think Schmidt should have "More than four times better than Danny Harriman", but another favorite is "333% better at 14.1 than Danny Harriman"

What do you think?

Oh yeah, I also read that the reason Schmidt didn't place in 2013 was that he didn't compete that year because someone named Xradarx had bitten him in the kneecap.

History is just so interesting!
I don't expect Danny will rehash a major moment in his pool life, but I believe his issue with Charlie Williams is pretty damn justified.

Charlie, as head of the UPA, made promises to players about the benefits derived from membership in the organization; specifically, guaranteed tourney payment.

Danny finished in the money at a UPA sanctioned even and didn't get paid. The UPA neither secured the payout from the promoter pre event, nor did it pay him (2k?) the prize he earned, nor did it successfully lobby to get him paid in the longer run.

In fact, the UPA's position was that Danny needed to make his membership payment again to be considered worthy of further inclusion in the association.

Danny might be bullheaded, but the fact is that he was betrayed directly by the association he belonged to, which failed him (and the sport) miserably.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't expect Danny will rehash a major moment in his pool life, but I believe his issue with Charlie Williams is pretty damn justified.

Charlie, as head of the UPA, made promises to players about the benefits derived from membership in the organization; specifically, guaranteed tourney payment.

Danny finished in the money at a UPA sanctioned even and didn't get paid. The UPA neither secured the payout from the promoter pre event, nor did it pay him (2k?) the prize he earned, nor did it successfully lobby to get him paid in the longer run.

In fact, the UPA's position was that Danny needed to make his membership payment again to be considered worthy of further inclusion in the association.

Danny might be bullheaded, but the fact is that he was betrayed directly by the association he belonged to, which failed him (and the sport) miserably.
And JS fits into that issue how.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

He's rehashed it a dozen times here along with JS supposedly tossing a cube of chalk in his general direction.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And JS fits into that issue how.
Hes mentioned a coordinated power-grab by them and others.

We've already discussed the fact there is no power or gold to grab. I don't believe Williams has had much of anything to do with pool in a long while either, especially from an organizational standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.