Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why wouldn't you give the video away and market your image?
Coz the belt just holds up your pants and you can't get blood from a stone.

Whom do you envision sending the cash to John for use of his accomplishment?

pool in the low zone:
Screenshot_20211106-042930__01.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds like the UPA had some looser definition of "securing the funds", and after this mess, changed it to mean "hold the funds", and added "starting now".

As for "collusion", I think there would have to be actual point-to-it evidence, not just allegations. Particularly where it sounds like some of the major players in this mess never could agree on a statement of facts.
Re: collusion...I think there is more than 0% likelihood of it.

Knowing pool, I don't think the probability of it is high but >0% does meet the definition of existing.

It can't be disregarded that Williams was a Norfolk boy and a big part of the UPA's focus was on Barry's us open.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would need to see an unedited video provided to me to view in my home before i could believe anything like that ever happened.

Since the video doesnt exist it obviously didnt happen.
I like it!

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we get a summary of all the accusations made and aspersions cast in this and other threads?

Off the top of my head:
- He cheated
- He must have fouled at some point
- The balls were too shiny
- The cloth was too slick
- The cue ball was cleaned between racks
- The balls weren't the same as what Willie used
- The rack they used is not OK
- The racker cheated
- He didn't do it in front of an audience
- He didn't do it in a game against another player
- The pockets were too big
- The table was not standard
- The table was rounded near the pockets to accept balls more easily
- The slate had other secret alterations to make it easier to make balls
- They broke down the table to hide the evidence
- We don't know the exact dimensions of the table
- The table wasn't a Diamond / other standard tournament table
- If he really did it the video would be free
- If he really did it the video would be on sale
- Bob Jewett and the BCA and Predator are part of a conspiracy to lie about the run
- They fast forwarded some of the run in public showings
- The public showings weren't public enough
- You had to buy a ticket to the public showing
- He made too many attempts
- He shouldn't have been making attempts in the first place, it should have just happened naturally like with Willie
- The video was manipulated after the fact

What else?

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we get a summary of all the accusations made and aspersions cast in this and other threads?

Off the top of my head:
- He cheated
- The racker cheated
- Bob Jewett and the BCA and Predator are part of a conspiracy to lie about the run
- He shouldn't have been making attempts in the first place, it should have just happened naturally like with Willie

What else?
He wasn't wearing a 'Danny Harriman Signature Tin-foil Hat'. ;)

L.S. Dennis

Off the top of my head:
- He cheated
- The racker cheated
- The video was manipulated after the fact

What else?
Some of the points made may have some validity in any case is there any reason why this video hasn’t been for public consumption at this point? Just wondering,,,,

L.S. Dennis

I’ve said if before, what needs to be done is someone running 770 balls, in front of a large crowd from beginning to end wit’s affidavits from all and be filmed to boot! That way Tom Parkers supposed 640 and Babe Cranfield’s and 768 would forever be banished from this discussion and this could finally be put to bed.

L.S. Dennis

Cause JS owns it and can do with it what he wants.
Obviously he can do want he wants with it, but wouldn’t it behoove him to just release it. I thinks he’s monetized it as much as he’s going to at this point. He might do himself to get it out there, he can’t sit on it forever!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously he can do want he wants with it, but wouldn’t it behoove him to just release it. I thinks he’s monetized it as much as he’s going to at this point. He might do himself to get it out there, he can’t sit on it forever!
Sure he can. Seriously doubt other's approval is super high on his list. I have no doubt that he did it. For me it was put to bed month's ago.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The balls had metal cores and there was a midget under the table with a magnet and an ear piece.

That was one of the wilder theories until a restaurant employee near Easy Street found broken up pool table slate and wood in a dumpster with grid lines drawn on them and a series of letters and numbers for each grid. There was still a few ripped pieces of cloth tacked to the sides of the table skirts from whatever was used to shield the small rascal from semipublic view. Disgusting...

L.S. Dennis

Sure he can. Seriously doubt other's approval is super high on his list. I have no doubt that he did it. For me it was put to bed month's ago.
I suspect that his credibility IS (or should be) very high on his list as he wants well deserved recognithin for this incredible thing he accomplished. And it for this reason that he should release this video unless he does have something to hide, Wouldn’t that be the logical thing to do?

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Some of the points made may have some validity in any case is there any reason why this video hasn’t been for public consumption at this point? Just wondering,,,,
It is available for public consumption. When John does a show he presents the video and talks about the run.

Well respected members of our community here, Bob Jewett, Freddie Agnir and others have seen the video and written detailed accounts of it and have all validated it.

The idea that the public is entitled to a person's work for free is odd.

John made the video available to those who keep the records. It was validated.

Given that there are no table specifications for high runs the table specs don't matter in terms of whether or not John ran 626 balls. The Billard Congress of America is the only official body in America which can validate such records. They have done so.

Either they are incompetent or complicit in a fraud if they were presented with a faked run. What are the odds that all of the people involved are going to deliberately risk their reputations as well as possible criminal fraud charges to stand behind the validity of an obscure record that the majority of skeptics seem to claim isn't worth anything financially anyway?

Too low to bet on. Danny isn't willing to bet against it, the self-proclaimed millionaire isn't willing to bet against it. The spin guy isn't willing to bet against it. None of these people are willing to bet anything significant against it.

I don't even have to believe John but I certainly believe the honorable people I know who wouldn't stand behind this if they had any doubt.

So faced with the choice between John went for it and broke the record through really hard work and John+a whole group of people with way more to lose are running a con on the billiard world....I go with did break the record and I am willing to bet 100k on it.

Half-assed accusations and deliberate defamations suck. The ignorance that pervades this sport is sickening. The depth of depravity in terms of people unashamedly lying about prominent people and brands is astounding to me. And I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Nature abhors a vacuum and any sport where information is super sparse is probably going to be filled with deliberately bad and ignorant statements. Especially in a sport that idolizes the con artists and hustlers.

I can also understand being skeptical. But when people who are honorable and knowledgeable vouch for something like this it ought to be enough to accept it and move on.

Yes it would be great if anyone could watch this historic feat for free on demand. But none of us have the right to the product of someone else's work for free.

And before someone makes the inevitable welfare/taxes remark...... Happy to defend that policy with the underlying logic but not in this thread.

John ran 626 balls. The official record was 526 and now it is 626. If anyone wants to create standards and equipment specs and categories they certainly can and lobby the BCA to adopt those guidelines. Until then John's record has only one category, 14.1 Continuous Straight Pool high run - 626.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Why would people say he monetized it as much as he can? I fully disagree with that and would bet that I could book a show a week at 1000-1500 plus expenses for John.

John ran this in December 2019 right? By February COVID had hit the USA shutting down the type of shows that John created.

So whenever he is ready to start again I am sure that people will line up to spend an evening with him showing off his record run.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't expect Danny will rehash a major moment in his pool life, but I believe his issue with Charlie Williams is pretty damn justified.

Charlie, as head of the UPA, made promises to players about the benefits derived from membership in the organization; specifically, guaranteed tourney payment.

Danny finished in the money at a UPA sanctioned even and didn't get paid. The UPA neither secured the payout from the promoter pre event, nor did it pay him (2k?) the prize he earned, nor did it successfully lobby to get him paid in the longer run.

In fact, the UPA's position was that Danny needed to make his membership payment again to be considered worthy of further inclusion in the association.

Danny might be bullheaded, but the fact is that he was betrayed directly by the association he belonged to, which failed him (and the sport) miserably.
Was that the same event where the referee kicked Earl out for talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.