Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Wow, 281 pages of meaningless bickering.
Who cares if John Schmidt did/didn't run 626?
Jayson Shaw showed it's not that hard for a top pro to run a ton of racks if you just apply yourself.
Big deal. You don't see NBA's Steph Curry going after the most consecutive free throw record, for example lol.
Y'all need to calm down a bit. 14.1 is a niche billiard game in this day and age. This isn't the 1950's.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, 281 pages of meaningless bickering.
Who cares if John Schmidt did/didn't run 626?
Jayson Shaw showed it's not that hard for a top pro to run a ton of racks if you just apply yourself.
Big deal. You don't see NBA's Steph Curry going after the most consecutive free throw record, for example lol.
Y'all need to calm down a bit. 14.1 is a niche billiard game in this day and age. This isn't the 1950's.

Gee, I can believe all the people rubber necking, said the guy slowing down to take a good look.

Lou Figueroa
unreal

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Gee, I can believe all the people rubber necking, said the guy slowing down to take a good look.
It's just tiring to see this beaten to death, unremarkable topic (Shaw is king now, and it didn't take him long to beat Schmidt)) still being bickered about every time I browse the forum lol. I haven't read any of this underwhelming nonsense tbh, mainly because it isn't about anything competition related, but I also don't care what John Schmidt did.
He's no World Champion like Willie Mosconi-- most league pool players have no idea who John Schmidt is lol.
Go buy a predator Mr. 626 P3 stick fanboys if you idolize "John Schmidt, everyday average pro".
But let this topic die. Shaw made it unimportant.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just tiring to see this beaten to death, unremarkable topic (Shaw is king now, and it didn't take him long to beat Schmidt)) still being bickered about every time I browse the forum lol. I haven't read any of this underwhelming nonsense tbh, mainly because it isn't about anything competition related, but I also don't care what John Schmidt did.
He's no World Champion like Willie Mosconi-- most league pool players have no idea who John Schmidt is lol.
Go buy a predator Mr. 626 P3 stick fanboys if you idolize "John Schmidt, everyday average pro".

I understand but this sentiment has been given voice numerous times in this very thread -- you are saying nothing new and the only thing you're accomplishing is extending the thread and giving it new life by raising it to the top of the page.

IOWs, you are contributing to the very thing you object to.

Lou Figueroa

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
The official question for this thread is:
Has Danny ever been the victim of manipulation during a 14.1 run attempt?
A player that enters into an event has a clear goal. The judges and their methods of evaluation may not rely solely on the shooting performed.

It is possible judges have subtle techniques to influence the action on the table. However if those judges/refs did not disclose that information then its is plainly put, mean to the player.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm definitely no fan boy, but the guy did win the US Open and ran 626 balls. Not super average in my opinion.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The official question for this thread is:
Has Danny ever been the victim of manipulation during a 14.1 run attempt?
A player that enters into an event has a clear goal. The judges and their methods of evaluation may not rely solely on the shooting performed.

It is possible judges have subtle techniques to influence the action on the table. However if those judges/refs did not disclose that information then its is plainly put, mean to the player.
Please don't post fantasy here.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Please don't post fantasy here.

A player may feel cursed when they question why they can make the shot 99.9% of the time, but that 0.1% event is natural/unnatural.
Its not a fantasy, it is programming garbage collection.

dquarasr

Registered
You don't see NBA's Steph Curry going after the most consecutive free throw record, for example lol.
(At the risk of perpetuating this thread)

Video of Curry practicing 3-pointers from the corner. One hundred and five in a row (105) !!!!!!!!

That's damned impressive.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
its clearly been doctored and that rim needs examined for shaving an angle to help funnel the ball better

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously? Google it. There are many references to it including being mentioned on ESPN.
I refuse to consider any available information that does not support my position.

In fact, I won't put forth any effort at all into any investigation into the matter and should I accidentally see something that might provide any direct indication of even a glimpse into a potential source of evidence that might yield a result contrary to my position...

No, that's not I. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.