Is Scott Lee any good?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm the guy that was between Shaky1 and Cleveland on Scotts latest road trip. About the sighting and position question. I'm a retired geezer with a broken collerbone on the bridge side, arthritis in the stroke wrist, a blown out knee and arthritis in the foot of the load bearing leg. All phucked up.

I attended a three day school a few months ago when the third day they got around to my stroke and stance. Two instructors trying to bend me into an Allison Fisher position. I'm a senior citizen, I don't fold.

Thanks Scott, I'm improving already. And oh yeah it was a great time. Package should arrive Friday.

Randy G. I made a bad mistake by not taking your course when it was in Maryland a couple of months ago. That intermediate/advanced part scared me off. Next time your in the Virginia area I'm on it.

I learned more in the first two hours than in three and a half days of instruction with the brand X school.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does he teach you to sight the ball? His stance is rather tall...

Obviously Scott does not try to make his students copy "his" stance.....:confused:

but he does make all his students copy his hair style! :grin:

Just messing with ya Scott :grin:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
No it is a matter of finding the right stance that fits the player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
Well, it has been a little while since I worked with Scott and he may or may have not been an SPF instructor at the time.

That said, Scott is always a gentleman in pool. That is a lot to say about someone in the pool world. He avoided conflict and all the back biting that can go on.

He always played his game and was supportive and helpful to others. He taught me a funny thing in that role. When he is beating someone, they often don't want help getting better for free! Funny!

I learned some of my initial love for the game under Scott. I think I took pool for 2 or 3 semesters from him at MSU.

I will say this though. . .IME, if you think you need a guy who can run 600 balls of straight pool to teach you, 1) You are wrong and 2) Scott, IME, is not going to run 600 balls or run 100 9 ball racks. Just as Tiger Woods doesn't think a swing coach needs this skill, a pool coach doesn't either.

Thanks Scott for what did for my game. .

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marcus...I think that falls under the catagory of "never". This guy PM'd me and verified what I already knew. He is just here to deliberately badmouth American players and instructors in particular, because HE (a Brit) is far more superior. I doubt other English players share his sentiments...and they certainly don't go out of their way to show disdain like he does. Like most of us here already do...you just have to consider the source, and ignore The Thaiger.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

When do you ever have anything of value to contribute?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, my friend. It has been a LOOOONG time since I taught at MSU, and as good a teacher as I felt I was then, I have improved dramatically over the past 20 years! Still loving it just as much, and will til the day I can no longer stand up and hold a cue. I hope we get a chance to knock some balls around the next time I am close to Columbus!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Well, it has been a little while since I worked with Scott and he may or may have not been an SPF instructor at the time.

That said, Scott is always a gentleman in pool. That is a lot to say about someone in the pool world. He avoided conflict and all the back biting that can go on.

He always played his game and was supportive and helpful to others. He taught me a funny thing in that role. When he is beating someone, they often don't want help getting better for free! Funny!

I learned some of my initial love for the game under Scott. I think I took pool for 2 or 3 semesters from him at MSU.

I will say this though. . .IME, if you think you need a guy who can run 600 balls of straight pool to teach you, 1) You are wrong and 2) Scott, IME, is not going to run 600 balls or run 100 9 ball racks. Just as Tiger Woods doesn't think a swing coach needs this skill, a pool coach doesn't either.

Thanks Scott for what did for my game. .

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike...I try to make my hair "lawyer style"...how am I doing? LOL Good to hear from you. Keep up the good work. Your game should be improving.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Obviously Scott does not try to make his students copy "his" stance.....:confused:

but he does make all his students copy his hair style! :grin:

Just messing with ya Scott :grin:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buzzard II...I was just mentioning you in another thread today, talking about stance and bridges, and how not everyone can utilize a "standard" or "classic" one. We're all built differently, and as I told you last weekend, there is NO way someone can play pool in a position that causes them pain. So what to do? Find one that allows no pain...which I believe we did! Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality. Your lovely wife was just a joy to meet and visit with. I told my wife she simply HAS to come with me, the next time I come visit your neck of the woods.

Speaking of that...I will be making another trek to the Philly/Baltimore/DC area in a week. Anyone in or near any of those areas, who would like to get together, can PM me.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I'm the guy that was between Shaky1 and Cleveland on Scotts latest road trip. About the sighting and position question. I'm a retired geezer with a broken collerbone on the bridge side, arthritis in the stroke wrist, a blown out knee and arthritis in the foot of the load bearing leg. All phucked up.

I attended a three day school a few months ago when the third day they got around to my stroke and stance. Two instructors trying to bend me into an Allison Fisher position. I'm a senior citizen, I don't fold.

Thanks Scott, I'm improving already. And oh yeah it was a great time. Package should arrive Friday.

Randy G. I made a bad mistake by not taking your course when it was in Maryland a couple of months ago. That intermediate/advanced part scared me off. Next time your in the Virginia area I'm on it.

I learned more in the first two hours than in three and a half days of instruction with the brand X school.

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another 2 thumbs up for Scott. I've had two lessons with another set for early fall. I have only good things to say about Scott in all aspects of his teaching. Thanks for all your help Scott, you've helped my game tremendously!

My 3rd lesson with Scott coming up tomorrow AM. At the end of my 1st lesson the last thing I said to Scott was....Let me know when you are in town again. Is Scott any good? Great is the word.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
HI Fellows :) ,

i just can talk about Scott refering to board-discussions, emails and pm s. Mister Scott Lee has from point of few all you need to be a perfect instructor:
"Sine qua non" (absolutley necessary pre-condition), the necessary prerequisite and last but not least the most important thing: he does this job because it is his passion!!

Scott (and also his friend and mentor Randy Goettlicher) have both had a very great influence on me, when i *came back* to pool in september 2009. To see how a person can make other ppl smile by executing their own passion....just great. Additional he gave me great support once, when i got TERRIBLE lost by a misunderstanding (language) from my side-- somehow (still confused how he checked this, lmao) he contacted me and explained what *really* was meant..and all was good again. This tells a lot about this great person.

Kudos to this man and all his abilities he can show up with!

lg
Ingo

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Scott teaches is just plain "solid!" He communicates in simple plain language and picks up on an individuals flaws immediately so no time is lost. If you listen, practice and review your personal video you improve. As far as standing tall each individual is different. I play with a guy in his late seventies who is almost totaly erect with his feet together and chokes up on the cue and if you give him a shot he will either run out on you or lock you up so tight you can't hardly breathe. Scott doesn't watch the clock because he loves what he does and thoroughly enjoys seeing you improve.

TheThaiger

Banned
Marcus...I think that falls under the catagory of "never". This guy PM'd me and verified what I already knew. He is just here to deliberately badmouth American players and instructors in particular, because HE (a Brit) is far more superior. I doubt other English players share his sentiments...and they certainly don't go out of their way to show disdain like he does. Like most of us here already do...you just have to consider the source, and ignore The Thaiger.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

When did I PM you, and what about?

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
How does he teach you to sight the ball? His stance is rather tall...

I didn't know you're an aspiring poet, Tim! Gosh, your superior British talents (that's kind of redundant, for as we all know, British = superior) in everything just leave us speechless every time.

Amazing.
-Sean

TheThaiger

Banned
Too much butterd microwave popcorn will give you Alzheimer's. :grin-square:

Thanks for the tip.

It does seem strange, though. I'm not in the habit of PMing people, certainly not as instigator, and don't remember it. The only 'off-air' communication I remember with Scott Lee is all the red reps he leaves for me, every time I question the value of paying large amount of money to instructors - uberly coincidentally, obviously. :rolleyes:

9ball_in_MN

speed kills
Silver Member
^^^^^^ === jack ass

scott is one of the best and we are lucky he posts here for all of us to read you really dont want to pick a fight with the AZ fam do you ?

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
If it helps you lot cue a little straighter, it's a sacrifice worth making.

Still, nobody likes their medicine, do they? Difference is, this medicine man offers his service gratis.

FREE DOES AS FREE IS!!!!!
randyg