Is the National Billiards League legit, or a scam?

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to nitpick but your numbers are a little off. You're forgetting that 64 Pros are supposed to put up 1K each to get in the 128 player field. Also 600.00 is gone to the venue and TD. That comes out of the 4800. Or in the Texas event it came out of 1650 because there were only 15 entries.
I'm not forgetting anything. The numbers I posted are from info stated in the original post, which says nothing about the field in the final event being 128. All it says is the qualifiers should generate $200,000. Anyway, if you want to play in a tournament where the strong half of the field (the half that will likely win almost all of the $200,000) generates $64K of it and the weak half of the field generates $136,000, you have to be paying just for the experience (or you're part of the strong half). That's ok, that experience appeals to many better players and it could only cost them $150 for a 1 in 32 chance at a trip and an opportunity to play a couple of pros. Like I said, it's the experience that's being sold. That's all I sell too, I don't sell payouts (and I'm one of the ones that pays out six figures annually). If you don't understand the success of the APA, that's it right there. We provide an experience that a large market is willing to pay for, with no expectation of making money. It's not about pyramid handicap schemes or any nonsense like that, it's about making your product appeal to the average Joe, who just wants to have fun and doesn't care about payouts. That's our market.

Some of the people we attract get good, good enough that payouts become a bigger part of the attraction for them. That's where the other leagues come in. They provide that experience. This experience is right above that, and should appeal to those who want to play the pros and perhaps some day become one of them. To really grow the sport, you need all of the experiences. The different leagues are not competitors, at least not with APA. They do all have to be self-sustaining to survive, and the mechanism by which one system feeds the next needs to be fixed. Right now it's broken because the different entities see themselves as competitors - that needs to change. You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you. The other thing that needs to change is the direction of support. MLB supports little league baseball, not the other way around. The NFL supports Pop Warner and high school football, not the other way around. In that respect, there is another market below APA, which is where the APA support should be. That is those who want the pool playing experience, but aren't willing/able to pay for it.
Those are leagues run by parent volunteers that involve no payout at all, just a playing and competitive experience.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. An event like this is a necessary part of the chain, so I hope it succeeds. It just needs to be clear about the experience it is trying to provide, and up front about its plans to become self-sustaining.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'm not forgetting anything. The numbers I posted are from info stated in the original post, which says nothing about the field in the final event being 128. All it says is the qualifiers should generate $200,000. Anyway, if you want to play in a tournament where the strong half of the field (the half that will likely win almost all of the $200,000) generates $64K of it and the weak half of the field generates $136,000, you have to be paying just for the experience (or you're part of the strong half). That's ok, that experience appeals to many better players and it could only cost them $150 for a 1 in 32 chance at a trip and an opportunity to play a couple of pros. Like I said, it's the experience that's being sold. That's all I sell too, I don't sell payouts (and I'm one of the ones that pays out six figures annually). If you don't understand the success of the APA, that's it right there. We provide an experience that a large market is willing to pay for, with no expectation of making money. It's not about pyramid handicap schemes or any nonsense like that, it's about making your product appeal to the average Joe, who just wants to have fun and doesn't care about payouts. That's our market.

Some of the people we attract get good, good enough that payouts become a bigger part of the attraction for them. That's where the other leagues come in. They provide that experience. This experience is right above that, and should appeal to those who want to play the pros and perhaps some day become one of them. To really grow the sport, you need all of the experiences. The different leagues are not competitors, at least not with APA. They do all have to be self-sustaining to survive, and the mechanism by which one system feeds the next needs to be fixed. Right now it's broken because the different entities see themselves as competitors - that needs to change. You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you. The other thing that needs to change is the direction of support. MLB supports little league baseball, not the other way around. The NFL supports Pop Warner and high school football, not the other way around. In that respect, there is another market below APA, which is where the APA support should be. That is those who want the pool playing experience, but aren't willing/able to pay for it.
Those are leagues run by parent volunteers that involve no payout at all, just a playing and competitive experience.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. An event like this is a necessary part of the chain, so I hope it succeeds. It just needs to be clear about the experience it is trying to provide, and up front about its plans to become self-sustaining.
I would actually think little league and pop Warner support MLB and NFL way more than the other way around - buying Jerseys, watching(advertising dollars) going to games, etc. It may look like it on the surface, but i'd bet, especially in the long run(life long fans) the big guys come out WAY ahead.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For further reading from the horse's mouth. Lots of money questions were asked and answered here:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Jayson, he made some valid points....
Here's a Copy/Paste from his informative thread.

APA operator:
Like I said, it's the experience that's being sold.
We provide an experience that a large market is willing to pay for, with no expectation of making money
An event like this is a necessary part of the chain
It just needs to be clear about the experience it is trying to provide, and up front about its plans to become self-sustaining.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This experience is right above that, and should appeal to those who want to play the pros and perhaps some day become one of them.
I think it would have been a better idea if they had paired the qualifiers with a pro.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jayson, he made some valid points....
Here's a Copy/Paste from his informative thread.

APA operator:
Like I said, it's the experience that's being sold.
We provide an experience that a large market is willing to pay for, with no expectation of making money
An event like this is a necessary part of the chain
It just needs to be clear about the experience it is trying to provide, and up front about its plans to become self-sustaining.
I only responded to the part regarding pro sports.

While I dont personally have an interest in League pool, I do understand that people love it and look forward to playing every week.

I hope everybody in a Pool related business succeeds. There may even come a day id like to play league again, and if they don't succeed there won't be any league to play in.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott I think it's also important to tell the other forum members about your years of working with the APA and teaching. I too would find it difficult in your position to be negative, and you've worked with them for ever. Me after my divorce I walked away from this scene more and more as the decades piled on. My thinking was created by Ron Wollery who started/created and developed the APA system yrs ago in Colorado Springs, a time when BCA had more league/teams than any other in the USA. All we saw/felt then was, the percentages of dollars returned to the players didn't compare to the BCA league system is all. I'm sure/maybe that in this new century matters are quite different. Hope your well bm
Bill, the only thing I want to say is that either you like league play, or you don't. If you like league play, either you like APA...or you don't. By the numbers it's obvious that the APA is popular enough to be self-sustaining, and a force in the amateur pool world. There are pool leagues for every flavor of competitor...just like Baskin Robbins. You don't have to like just chocolate. I always found that most of my "serious" teams played on other teams in other leagues, all at the same time.

The APA was not anything like it is now back when they were just starting at the end of the 70's. It was, however, organized and supported with print media. As they grew, their exposure grew, and they were a hot franchise for decades (they still are...some franchises being valued in the millions of dollars). Success in any league is based more on the personalities of the League Operators. If you go out of your way to help your players, they'll go out of their way to help you! I think that holds true for any pool league, but imo especially so for APA. Personally I endorse several leagues, including APA, BCA, VNEA & ACS.

In the case of the NBL, I will catagorically state that Ed has never made a quarter from this venture (in fact it is likely that he has already invested $1000's of dollars)...and he's been working on it for at least two years, maybe longer. It also is clear that the NBL in the end is a way to fund a pro tour, where the players all make money. The problem is that you have to feed the players at the bottom, so that they'll keep coming back and playing in the $150 qualifiers. It appears, from the data posted that things weren't equitable financially for what was promised. Like APA Operator put it...the amateurs playing in the NBL are paying for more than 2/3's of that quarterly promised $200,000 event...and that's supposed to happen 4x a year. I don't know if Ed can make this work, or not...but I don't call the NBL a scam. I'll wait to hear from Eddie Liddawi here before making a judgement.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Scott I enjoy all types of play, and a good team with great guys makes life fun. But as we all know, some bar environment's are quite unfavorable, with screaming drunks, music too loud to talk and Gary/Larry/Jerry sound the same, and we had that happen and did a match redo LOL, and sometimes the equipment takes the game out of the game. We played this past Thur and a player bridged over a ball and rested their palm on top of another ball, I said foul. But the music was too loud. Also, I had my LOUD NOISE ear plugs in my case, but had not used em for over 20 yrs, I forgot I had em. :) I got a headache being in their 2.5 hrs. I will wear my earplugs next time. :)

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the issues were pretty obvious when I first read about it...

I completely understand the top 8 will "win cash". But again, the main question is how much cash? Nothing in your business model guarantees the prize money amount for the top 8, or where exactly the prize money will be coming from. If it comes from local satellites and calcuttas as you say, then that prize money would be highly variable from qualifier to qualifier, location to location, even with a full 32-person qualifier field. For some qualifiers 2nd place might win you your $150 entry fee back. In other qualifiers 2nd place might win you $20. It all depends on how much money is generated prior to the qualifier.

Your tour hinges on full participation of these Stage 1 qualifiers by amateur players. I'm an amateur player. I would gladly participate in a qualifier if I knew ahead of time that the top 8 spots paid enough prize money that would make my $150 entry fee a decent enough gamble. If it's not a decent gamble (for example 2nd place only winning $20), then I won't participate (because I don't do lotteries). It's as simple as that.

Maybe it would help if you gave more specific and detailed examples of how you envision this prize money is generated. Maybe a satellite consisting of 24 players with a $20 entry fee. That comes to $480 total. Winner wins the $150 entry fee into the Stage 1 qualifier, pool hall gets $30 (too cheap, but neglect that for now), and the remaining $300 goes to the prize money for the qualifier. If you hold 4 of these satellites, then that comes to $1200. Assuming the qualifier divides the prize money evenly between the top 8, that comes to an average prize of $150.

If the above situation is something that you envision, then I would be willing to participate in a qualifier that pays out $1200 to the top 8. But I have a hard time believing players would choose to participate in such satellites (that pays out only the $150 fee of the winner and nothing else) over their regular weekly $20 9-ball tournaments in which they can win cash immediately for the top 4 or 6 spots.

I'm just giving you my honest feedback. I hope I'm wrong with my worries and I sincerely wish your tour is a success.

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would actually think little league and pop Warner support MLB and NFL way more than the other way around - buying Jerseys, watching(advertising dollars) going to games, etc. It may look like it on the surface, but i'd bet, especially in the long run(life long fans) the big guys come out WAY ahead.
Sure, they profit from their support, but that's why they provide funding and equipment to keep programs running. Marketing dollars are spent from the top down in the hopes of a return on that money and to provide a steady stream of talent coming in. These programs also have fees associated with participation, but none of that money goes up the chain. The programs themselves don't provide support, the support they get from above helps them survive and helps the top level profit from the sales of tickets and merchandise.

APA does that. Many franchise run a juniors program. AFAIK, none of them profit directly from it. They volunteer their time and recruit other volunteers (some are parents, others are players who want to give back), then run whatever program they can for however many juniors they can. They get rooms to donate the time. Most charge a small fee for participation, which helps but doesn't completely cover the costs. Each year the national office puts on a championship event, and the local area does fundraisers to help send kids to that event. It's not done out of the goodness of their hearts (well, not all of it anyway). The hope is to generate enough interest in pool to keep that feeder system flowing, so when those kids are old enough they will join APA, who will make money from them. Money spent downward to support programs that generate interest, from which you derive a profit. Other organizations, like BCA, support the efforts of the BEF, but I don't know much about that. Perhaps someone more directly connected with BCA can explain it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the results of Jan 9/10 events posted anywhere?

There was one sort of near me that I was going to go to, but had to bail when I remembered I suck at pool these days.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
(part 1 of 2)

Greetings all! I thank each and every one of you for your genuine interest in this thread as it shows your passion and love for the game in which we are all brethren. It also shows that we are ALL fed up with the crooked promoters and players that came before us in the past but also more importantly, it shows we are fed up with the lack of having a large organized professional tour to call our own.

I was hoping this thread would generate more than just 3 pages of interest and response by this time, both positive and negative (I welcome all perceptions) but that’s not the reason I waited to post here. I have a lot of things on my plate currently both personally as well as professionally. That is nobody’s business but mine but I’ll share that there are 4 major personal matters I’m handling right now and henceforth had to prioritize this post full of speculation lower on the list. I have also been organizing and running not only my pool room 15-18 hours a day myself for several months with volunteer help as well, but also scheduling and running several regional tour stops and weekly tournaments GIVING OUT MONEY TO PLAYERS REGULARLY as I have been for OVER 15 YEARS. I will clear up all doubt for you all here.

NO, I haven’t made or taken a single dime.

NO, I don’t plan to anytime soon either.

NO, I haven’t seen any post on Reddit. I don’t live online.

YES, I’ve already spent 10’s of thousands of dollars out of pocket on this project.

YES, I’ve spent thousands and thousands of hours as well.

I’ll get paid with gratification when we have a successful self funded and sustaining pro tour and organization we can all be proud of.

Only when we have a product of true value can we offer sponsorship opportunities to outside companies giving them a return on their investment. Then we can then set our own price on advertising and title sponsor slots ranging from $10-$20k commercials or $500k - $1,000,000 title sponsorships on events. Until then, WE have to do it ourselves and NOT keep going in circles like this this with our hands out begging for money at every step of the way.

If I sound a bit perturbed, please excuse me as I’ve ALREADY dealt with the “similar post on Facebook” which was MUCH more slanderous and inappropriate than how it has been posted here as it listed my name and sited my personal business and livelihood, Sandcastle Billiards in the same mouthful as the terms, “total joke, bullshit, lied to, scammer” and others. As I said on Facebook I will say again here, childish immature rants on public forum are more than just inappropriate and damaging. THAT MUST ALL STOP!
I will NOT reply with professional kindness as such acts and persons don’t deserve that much in return. You get what you dish out and I will not be cyberbullied or tolerate those childish acts of lashing out in the heat of the moment. I’d much rather spend the little free time I haveworking TOWARDS creating something for everyone rather than WASTING it defending myself from outlandish accusations and being called a “scammer” by a disgruntled, uninformed, last minute entry player that DIDN’T EVEN PARTICIPATE to begin with.

I since then have messaged and chatted with the original poster here and we’ve hashed some things out and were able to move on and correspond as mature adults finally. I spent at least three hours explaining everything to him there and have no problem clarifying things here so nobody feels misled.

I assure you, no misrepresentation or misleading was ever intentional in the wording of the website. This is a simple case of lack of information posted or even at worst, a break in communication along the way from the site, myself, local tour directors and the players. That’s all.

I’m not one to throw anyone under the bus, not own up to responsibility or not fess up to imperfection. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Do you all remember a public post I made when I missed a call at the US Open/International Open when officiating a match where Billy Thorpe jumped a 6 ball to play the 2 and it brushed the top of the 6 on the way when making the 2 ball as I was eclipsed by the cue ball from my vantage point? I came online to apologize to Carlo Biado for missing that foul even though it had no bearing on the outcome of the match as they were tied 5-5 in a long race to either 11 or 13. I took it upon myself to do so even after speaking with them both after the match and after video review. Anyhow, I will take ownership of the NBL website being a bit vague on that portion as I was consulted by my NBL board attorney to not mention certain things.
The reason the top 8 payout funding was not broken down to specifics is because it blankets the entire nation. All locations and jurisdictions have different laws allowing or disallowing calcuttas, side pots and other fundraising activities. I cannot simply post the term “Calcutta” online on the site and possibly cause trouble for participating venues that are gracious enough to provide a venue for players to have access to the opportunity we are diligently working to offer players nor do I want to bring that same type of heat to a local tour director that is graciously putting in hours upon hours of sweat equity to advertise and round up players and then run the event for a full day or two.

The overall math and plan to how WE together could create a self funded and sustaining series of QUALIFIERS and quarterly tournaments (thus forming a pro league) is clearly on the site. The SPECIFICS were further explained FOR ALMOST A FULL YEAR over and over again. But before we get into that, please refer to the images below that clearly state, “WITH FULL FIELDS OF 32” NOT WEAK FIELDS OF JUST 15 PLAYERS which is a much bigger issue to address - THE LACK OF PLAYER PARTICIPATION which has been an Achilles heel to American pool for decades.
When you READ FURTHER on the site and NOT just take what you want from one small portion, it’s also stated that the “TOP 8 OUT OF 32 PLAYERS (25%) OF THE FIELD” would be paid that day. In SEVERAL podcasts, interviews and articles over the past 11 MONTHS of advertising I discussed HOW the top 8 was going to get paid. When is the ownership of DUE DILIGENCE going to be put on the player getting involved? Why NOT simply ask your local tour director for details before entering the competition? When I buy a car, I ask questions because not everything can be stated on a flyer, in a commercial OR even on a website for various reasons.

You can watch and listen to those articles, podcasts and interviews below as well. I hope I’m not asking you to do too much to be better informed. From my experience, many people don’t even read past the first sentence on a flyer for a tournament and ask for the exact info that’s stated on such. This is why I figured I’d put out some videos to explain things as well.

I’m already tired of typing on my phone with my thumbs and I’m sure many of you are tired of reading this far already. Haha I don’t blame you. In a nutshell, the top 8 places are self funded through calcuttas where allowed, side pots where allowed, or through preliminary satellite events or minis preceding the actual qualifier. The states in question could not hold such and had NO TIME to run mini satellites DUE TO COVID SHUTDOWNS. We we happy to finally be able to have SOMETHING to play in after all that time. I’m sure many understand that COVID has prevented a lot of things from happening.

SINCE the satellites were not held, money from the entries originally slated to fund the top prize package and main event prize fund was used to award 2nd - 8th in California where they had a full field of 32 players but may not host calcuttas. In ADDITION to that, I awarded $800 cash to the winner on top of the $2500 value prize package. I always make sure the right thing is done as adjustments had to be made due to circumstances beyond our control.

A side pot was held at the 15 player qualifier in Texas awarding the top 4 finishers AND I also wound up adding another $400 to that as well.

At my event in NJ, $2300 was raised in the Calcutta and I then added $500 on top to award the top 8 there.

THESE ARE FACTS OF WHAT ACTUALLY DID HAPPEN AND GOT PAID OUT.

NBL PODCASTS & INTERVIEWS
Cue It Up Podcast

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/podbean-142/cue-it-up-a-billiards-podcast
Sneaky Pete Mafia Interview

https://www.sneakypetemafia.com/post/interview-with-ed-liddawi
TNT Tournaments Interview

https://www.facebook.com/2053467221...-billiards-leaguedont-forge/3492486374142942/

NBL promo video links

Enjoy these 1 - 2 minute videos! 💪🏼🇺🇸🎱👍🏼
Welcome featured celebrity venues

Progress All Across America

NBL Strucure: How does it work?

We’re Uniting and Organizing

NBL 2021 Season 1st Quarter 10-Ball

Attachments

• 3127200C-6B6E-49BB-9785-BFF7A7E5630F.jpeg
    3127200C-6B6E-49BB-9785-BFF7A7E5630F.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 96
  • C362324E-EA92-4053-8705-2E36DC704FC7.jpeg
    C362324E-EA92-4053-8705-2E36DC704FC7.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 87
  • F3A25D6F-C3B2-4BAF-9276-6B2375272AA1.jpeg
    F3A25D6F-C3B2-4BAF-9276-6B2375272AA1.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 103
  • A77C9722-88D2-40F0-8A60-EFCFDF5B79AC.jpeg
    A77C9722-88D2-40F0-8A60-EFCFDF5B79AC.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
(continued)

My ignorance lies in the belief that the majority of players and enthusiasts are well aware of what a QUALIFIER is as opposed to a TOURNAMENT. Being in the business for over 27 years has me convinced that everyone knows the industry standards of such as well as what money is posted and added as payouts to boot. There may be a difference in opinion amongst many as far as what counts as payouts but that has already been an industry standard in posting money paid for decades. Options are available to players to participate or not. Same goes for participating in a competition or qualifying stage. It may be for some but not for others.

Many players only participate in things if they feel they have the nuts and are robbing. That’ll be addressed in another reply. The same goes for players that think they’re going to win $5,000 off a $100 entry. Not possible at this time. Same for for those that think undercover hustling is still possible in this day and age. Not with technology. That mentality is also not the one that would enjoy this structure. YOU HAVE TO PUT IN TO GET OUT.

I’m glad there were only a few events that kicked off so that all of this came out and we can all be on the same page moving forward. I have no problem working with the webmaster to add some verbiage such as, “ask your local tour director fir details” or, “*payouts will vary amongst locations”.
I appreciate all input and will hear all suggestions as move forward. I ask all of YOU to do your part as well. Spread positive vibes and word to help INCREASE player participation rather than denounce what you don’t fully understand and deter them hence setting us backwards even further.

Let’s let this thread die here as it is titled “Scam or Legit?” And start a NEW THREAD titled something like, “MORE INFO ON THE NBL NEEDED PLEASE” or continue on the one I posted long ago containing additional information. In the meantime, enjoy what I wish everyone saw and heard when posted over the course of the last year.

Cue It Up Podcast

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/podbean-142/cue-it-up-a-billiards-podcast
Sneaky Pete Mafia Interview

https://www.sneakypetemafia.com/post/interview-with-ed-liddawi
TNT Tournaments Interview

https://www.facebook.com/2053467221...-billiards-leaguedont-forge/3492486374142942/

NBL promo video links

Enjoy these 1 - 2 minute videos! 💪🏼🇺🇸🎱👍🏼
Welcome featured celebrity venues

Progress All Across America

NBL Strucure: How does it work?

We’re Uniting and Organizing

NBL 2021 Season 1st Quarter 10-Ball

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I have no problem working with the webmaster to add some verbiage such as, “ask your local tour director fir details” or, “*payouts will vary amongst locations”. ...
Why not also say something on the website along the lines of what you wrote in your "part 1 of 2" post: "In a nutshell, the top 8 places are self funded through calcuttas where allowed, side pots where allowed, or through preliminary satellite events or minis preceding the actual qualifier. "

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Why not also say something on the website along the lines of what you wrote in your "part 1 of 2" post: "In a nutshell, the top 8 places are self funded through calcuttas where allowed, side pots where allowed, or through preliminary satellite events or minis preceding the actual qualifier. "
Literally can't mention the word calcutta on the main website. (Legalities) Some other terminology will be added in the near future. Perhaps "varying fundraising methods" or something.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Literally can't mention the word calcutta on the main website. (Legalities) Some other terminology will be added in the near future. Perhaps "varying fundraising methods" or something.
So to clarify, for a full 32 player field, $150 entry per player, do the top 8 players finish in the money from that $4,800 entry fee purse as clearly stated in your promo video or do they not? It’s a simple question to answer with an honest yes or no?

It would be helpful to know exactly how much $ is paid out to each of the top finishers of that $4,800 for a full 32 player field?

Last edited:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So to clarify, for a full 32 player field, $150 entry per player, do the top 8 players finish in the money from that $4,800 entry fee purse as clearly stated in your promo video or do they not? It’s a simple question to answer with an honest yes or no?

It would be helpful to know exactly how much $ is paid out to each of the top finishers of that $4,800 for a full 32 player field?
Zero of the $4800 entry fee purse is paid out to the top 8 in the qualifiers, per this post in the other thread.

I love the amount of interest and time taken studying the formula. You were right with $4,800 generated at each qualifier. After that, you’ve assumed incorrectly.

Out of the $4,800.00 generated, the venue and TD each get a mere $300 for all their efforts and contribution. ($600 total)
The remaining $4,200.00 gets sent in.

$4,200.00 x 32 locations x 2 = $268,800.00
(After TD & Venue pay) ($307,200.00 Gross)

The top 8 players win cash via money raised from preceding satellite events run locally and/or Calcutta where allowed.

We work tirelessly before, during and after events to make them possible.

Ready to sign up now? :😄:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are blaming players and fans for not going to 20 different locations to find your hidden information. Do you really think its the fault of the dozens of players across multiple social media platforms who repeatedly ask you this information of "where is the money coming form"? Or could it be your information is not clear? No one is going to listen to 10 YouTube videos. They will go to your website instead. Make your website clear! Its a bunch of fancy images and maps now, but not clear what is happening. If you can't write the word Calcutta, that at least make it clear that only the first place finish is funded from the entry fees, the rest of the entry fees go to the year/quarter end tourney, and place 2 through 7 is up to "local non-tournament funding", and contact your local director for more information. The problem is your dissemination of information "in one central location". Not our laziness to seek it out at 20 different locations. You are attacking us for being confused by your information. Is it dozens of us that are wrong, or is your information not clear? That is the question you have to answer for yourself.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I did watch some of your early videos from a year ago. They were 30 seconds or 1 minute long and had zero information. So I never watched another one since.

Sorry to be harsh. But your early videos (I have not watched recent ones), your website (still today), are all fancy images/videos/editing/cool looking, but contain very little actual information. I'd recommend getting rid of all the graphics and starting over. I know you spent a lot of time on it, but its just graphics stuff, no actual meat and potatoes information. The pool players who are going to put up 150 to enter an event are real players, not bangers. They've been around the block many many times (unlike bangers). Those real pool players want to see the meat and potatoes. They could care less about the graphics. The bangers want the pretty website.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'll be helping yourself. Instead of spending time writing back in this thread, and doing another video, and talking to disgruntled players via chat/phone, or talking to tourney directors the day of the event, change your website instead. When its all fixed, come back here and post the link. That will be the most efficient use of your time. You will never have to answer these questions again. It will pay off exponentially for you.