Jayson Shaw 14.1 Run Story to Air on "60 Minutes"

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have been contacted by CBS and advised that the segment on Jayson's 14.1 high run record will air this Sunday, Dec 4.

Now, having worked with TV folks before, I feel confident in saying that while that is the plan on Monday, by Sunday something crazy could have happen -- I don't know... like a volcano erupting -- that could pre-empt their piece on Jayson. But that would be pretty far fetched so should we should be good to go.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
We have been contacted by CBS and advised that the segment on Jayson's 14.1 high run record will air this Sunday, Dec 3.

Now, having worked with TV folks before, I feel confident in saying that while that is the plan on Monday, by Sunday something crazy could have happen -- I don't know... like a volcano erupting -- that could pre-empt their piece on Jayson. But that would be pretty far fetched so should we should be good to go.

Lou Figueroa
Thanks for the info, I will tune in.

Cuebuddy>>>Getting tired of the old ketchup commercial.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably going to be a two minute piece at the end of the show

I can’t speak for the folks who have produced this piece but I have reason to believe that even someone with your pessimistic outlook will be pleasantly surprised.

I believe that in addition to the story about Jayson’s record breaking run you may see interviews with him as well as Shane, some DCC footage, and maybe some older stuff.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And subtitles.

Lol.

Congrats to Jayson and the team. Pretty noteworthy achievement, a network.

Anybody know what happened with the dcc piece they were supposed to air?

Is someone at 60 min simpatico to pool?

I believe there will be some DCC footage included.

I think this is just a sports piece some producers found interesting. Then, as I understand it, they were able to integrate Jayson's accomplishment. Stay tuned -- we'll all find out at the same time.

Lou Figueroa

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have been contacted by CBS and advised that the segment on Jayson's 14.1 high run record will air this Sunday, Dec 4.
Lou Figueroa
Many thx for the heads-up, Lou.

Hope at least a two or three AZBers record the full segment, then simply edit the footage down slightly, rendering it as a couple minutes-shorter "highlights" clip -- which makes it copyright-problem-free (Fair Use permissible) for posting on the forum. This would be a great service to the many members who missed the broadcast, and not least -- any of us wanting to watch it time and again.

Arnaldo
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
And subtitles.

Lol.

Congrats to Jayson and the team. Pretty noteworthy achievement, a network.

Anybody know what happened with the dcc piece they were supposed to air?

Is someone at 60 min simpatico to pool?
We were told today that the DCC along with historical footage will be included. The crew went to DCC and that's where I 1st spoke to the producers. They also went to South Dakota and Jaysons Billiard room in Connecticut. Should be a nice piece for pool. They get millions of viewers. The delay was because they have been covering the Ukraine/Russia war. I hope it doesn't get delayed again.

Last edited: