Jeanette Lee makes SI cover

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was impressive, just to read that. Gotta be honest, I never got emerged in Jeanette's tribulations dealing with cancer very much, but just by reading this.... it got to me a little bit. I guess I'm kinda blessed I never dealt with cancer (either for myself or anyone close) and that also makes me a n00b at the topic. So stories like this can make a dent. Also, I saw her photos with hair growing back which lead me to believe she beat it but I was very naive apparently, since it's incurable. And I didn't know that.

VVP

Registered
Anybody knows where I can get a black widow t-shirt like the one M. Berjaoui wore against W. Zielinski in FargoRate Ohio open on YouTube? Couldn't find it by Google.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody knows where I can get a black widow t-shirt like the one M. Berjaoui wore against W. Zielinski in FargoRate Ohio open on YouTube? Couldn't find it by Google.

props to berjaoui for that display. i also noted a railbird youngster with a t-shirt honoring the late jalal al-sarisi, props to that guy too. nice to see such things.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
God bless Jeanette Lee! She took the pool world by storm and upset the apple cart by becoming the most famous poolplayer on the planet since Minnesota Fats. In the process she made herself wealthy! Not so bad for a high school dropout. I witnessed her ascent from the beginning and I take my hat off to her. Jeanette is a role model for any young person to follow your dream and not to be afraid to GO FOR IT! In spite of all the obstacles she faced along the way, Jeanette made her dream come true.

She accomplished all this with perseverance, dignity, great personal charm and an abundance of talent. I'm proud of her for all that she's done for herself and the sport of Pool. Thank you Jeanette Lee!!

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
God bless Jeanette Lee! She took the pool world by storm and upset the apple cart by becoming the most famous poolplayer on the planet since Minnesota Fats. In the process she made herself wealthy! Not so bad for a high school dropout. I witnessed her ascent from the beginning and I take my hat off to her. Jeanette is a role model for any young person to follow your dream and not to be afraid to GO FOR IT! In spite of all the obstacles she faced along the way, Jeanette made her dream come true.

She accomplished all this with perseverance, dignity, great personal charm and an abundance of talent. I'm proud of her for all that she's done for herself and the sport of Pool. Thank you Jeanette Lee!!
well said!!