Jeremy Jones taking over for Earl on team

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I think everyone has been possibly exposed

Maybe Earl didn't have enough time to wrap up his fingers and toes before it's started

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not play it since they're already there, well minus one? Is Earl not playing really going to torpedo the whole event? Really think he was going to be the one that put us over the top? C'mon man. Shutting it down would be even worse imo.
I'd say shut it down because it is horseshit.
All the shutdowns and quarantining accomplish nothing except destroying businesses and economies.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not play it since they're already there, well minus one? Is Earl not playing really going to torpedo the whole event? Really think he was going to be the one that put us over the top? C'mon man. Shutting it down would be even worse imo.
We are going to get barbecued....

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gray cloth
Ugly balls
No Earl....

....I'm gonna watch paint dry instead of the Mosconi cup.

This has ALL become bullshit because if Earl has practiced with the team all weak and they are not subjected to the same draconian nonsense, then you know its not about protecting people, it's about controlling people.

Why did Matchroom let an unvaxxed player come in contact with the re$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$t of the team?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gail and I were in the first batch of folks in Missouri to get the first shot of Moderna — in fact we drove all the way to Cape Girardeau in a snow storm to get it because our (R) governor allocated the majority of the vaccine to rural areas that voted for him.

Subsequently, we signed up for a booster, full dose, before the CDC went with half dose. We were both in bed for two days (for the amateur immunologists who think the shots don’t do much). After a couple of days and we started to feel normal we looked at each other and almost said at the same time: if that’s the vaccine I want no part of the virus.

If you’ve kept up with the news you can find all kinds of stories of anti-vaxers who contracted the virus and subsequently died. We all have to make our own choices and Earl potentially risked his own health and that of anyone he came in contact with.

I have zero sympathy for his selfish choice.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s pretty brutal, but my guess is that the players feel the same way, and I can only imagine how furious Emily is right now.
Playing Monday Morning QB, Matchroom (Emily) should have made the players arrive early to meet the UK requisite 10 day isolation mandate or required the players be vaccinated to participate. I'm actually quite surprised more proactive measures weren't taken given the stringent rules in the UK.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UK government only tightened the rules last Tuesday and then they did again today. Couldn't have 100% planned for anything
I'm not a ER/MR homer but i just can't lay this off on them. Its a super fluid, ever changing landscape and the players are not children. They need to stay up on things like this knowing they're going overseas during a pandemic.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a ER/MR homer but i just can't lay this off on them. Its a super fluid, ever changing landscape and the players are not children. They need to stay up on things like this knowing they're going overseas during a pandemic.
Yes and no. It's Matchroom's party and they should have been better prepared to ensure it goes off without a hitch. I'll go as far as saying it is their responsibility it goes off without a hitch. Vaccine mandates for players would have been a great start.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes and no. It's Matchroom's party and they should have been better prepared to ensure it goes off without a hitch. I'll go as far as saying it is their responsibility it goes off without a hitch. Vaccine mandates for players would have been a great start.
I'm guessing that as long as it wasn't UK law/reg they weren't going to enact one themselves. Just a guess.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Now instead of an entertaining drubbing of Team USA, it's going to be a boring drubbing of Team USA.

Hope Earl is okay.

The EUROS had no chance with Earl in our lineup and they have, by the hair on their chinny, chin, chin , dodged a devastating defeat.

Although JJ is a fine player it's hard to say if he's in "playing" shape to perform at his top speed in view of being a last minute replacement, hence, i believe the EUROS will prevail by the slightest of margins....something like 11 to 4

time will tell

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The EUROS had no chance with Earl in our lineup and they have, by the hair on their chinny, chin, chin , dodged a devastating defeat.

Although JJ is a fine player it's hard to say if he's in "playing" shape to perform at his top speed in view of being a last minute replacement, hence, i believe the EUROS will prevail by the slightest of margins....something like 11 to 4

time will tell
Yeah right. Earl was gonna lead us to the promised land. Kinda like he did 8yrs ago.

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty stupid of Earl not to get vaccinated. That would have made this all a lot easier for him and the team.
Jason Shaw posted on FB that 9 of the 10 players were vacinated. Earl sadly put himself at risk of this happening. If your going to travel and play international events you should be innoculated so this doesn't happen. Nothing is for sure but Earl made the decision not to get the shots

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JFC. In no particular order:
  • Not sure why Earl was on the team anyway. We should have put in a younger up and comer for the future. I am guessing it was for ratings from the shit he inevitably would have stirred.
  • It seems he was not vaccinated, not sure if that is true or not, but if it is, it's hard for me to believe he was on the team. Ass out by the organizer and by the selectors of our team. Everyone on the team should be vaccinated.
  • This vaccine works. (minimizes serious sickness\death, reduces transmission\spread) Unfucking disputable. Do some get real sick with the vaccine, yeah. Outliers. Do some not get sick when they have covid and NOT vaccinated, yep. Look at the rates of serious sickness in hospitals today. A HUGE majority of those patients are unvaccinated. This is not a conspiracy by the government to control (WTAF is with that line of thinking...lol, a conspiracy to control, or an attempt to save lives...wow...)
  • There is no major risks of the vaccine. Yes, some have had bad side effects. SO MANY more have had bad "side effects" from Covid. Including, but certainly not limited to...DEATH. (This does not come from CNN or some evil biased media outlet, in comes from first hand knowledge of people I know, trust, and in some cases love that have spent considerable time in hospitals observing first hand.
  • Not sure why they did not get over there much earlier to make sure there was buffer in case this happened. Added benefit, acclimate to the time zone, bond further with the team, and do nothing but play massive amounts of pool\practice.
  • Not sure masks were mentioned much here, but while I am at it...I'll throw it in. I don't like them, but wear them as they work and I'd rather we all did our part to limit transmission. It is NOT a conspiracy by the government to control us. Having to wear them is NOT an infringement on my freedums. (OOPS, did I mispell that?) Again, it's an attempt to limit the spread...
  • I'll admit, I do not know where JJ's game is currently, but it seems like we should have had a backup. Yeah, it is a race to 5...but he'll be playing a killer. I hope I eat my words here...but I just don't see him as anything but a liability.

GO USA!!!!!