Jerico's shot in World Junior 9B Final - Game 10

i saw the shot on the stream the shot he took before it was just as impressive but got a bad bounce and hit the 9..its on now 6-6 Banares breaking race to 11
 
cuetable said:

CueTable Help

I think the diagram is wrong. For that angle, and for the 3 to make it to the pocket, I think the cue ball has to hit the end rail (and bounce).

Also, I think the chance that he was actually playing that bank is zero.
 
Bob Jewett said:
I think the diagram is wrong. For that angle, and for the 3 to make it to the pocket, I think the cue ball has to hit the end rail (and bounce).

Also, I think the chance that he was actually playing that bank is zero.

I had the same reaction. To cut the three thin enough to bank it backward into the corner, the cue ball would have to be going very, very fast. My guess is the cue ball would go at least another fifteen feet, and probably more. I also agree that this was a total fluke. There is no strategic argument for a hit this thin on the object ball.
 
Bob Jewett said:
I think the diagram is wrong. For that angle, and for the 3 to make it to the pocket, I think the cue ball has to hit the end rail (and bounce).

Also, I think the chance that he was actually playing that bank is zero.

Hi, the position is correct. After looking at the diagram again, I have to agree with you. However, this shot really rocked the house.

Not too many misses in this match. A lot of great shotmaking seen tonight.
 
Bob Jewett said:
I think the diagram is wrong. For that angle, and for the 3 to make it to the pocket, I think the cue ball has to hit the end rail (and bounce).

Also, I think the chance that he was actually playing that bank is zero.

A forbidden sum, as zero, meaning nothing.

I concur.
 
Back
Top