Jim Rempe Vs Jose Parica Video!

Lenny, I believe that was from the senior event in Biloxi, Miss. in 2000. Miz had had his stroke not too long prior to the event, and was wheel chair confined.

I attended the event, and kicked myself for not realizing I could have played in it. Scott Smith told me he could have scheduled my weekday matches in the evening to accommodate my job. AZ'er Joey A played in it.

Rempe seemed to be the dominant player in that tourney. However I believe he took second to a red-hot Bog Ogburn. Rempe had just played a real grinder match with Dick Lane. When he faced Ogburn for the finals, Rempe was obiously out of gas.

Rempe really demonstrated how to run racks of 9-ball though!

Doc
 
Video 3, shot at 2:19. The way Jim played the cue ball... is his shot preferred to playing the cue ball with a soft outside draw past the side pocket one rail to the next ball? (to the same side of the next ball that he got on)
 
good stuff. Love to watch propoolvideo.com's stuff, they edit out just enough to keep the pace watchable.
 
edit: Also found it amusing in the second tape that Jose snaps in the 9, then on his nest break the 9 and the 6 never even move! (cost Rempe the game anyways though!)
I noticed that myself. I'm sure Rempe (or any of them for that matter) was not above a little "racksmanship".:wink2:

Doc
 
Back
Top