John Gabriel is a bad man

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it is a shock since I live in Az, but I really don't care for One Pocket all that much. If there more shots like the one that John pulled out in that last rack (you know the shot if you watched the match), I might get a lot more interested in One Pocket.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, this is the table layout.

View attachment 640617

that was a beautiful shot. first time i saw a shot like that was bustie in the IPT (i wasnt following one pocket back then). but yea you will see chohan make versions of that in every long race match he plays. often risking it all, early in the set, full rack of balls going everywhere.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it is a shock since I live in Az, but I really don't care for One Pocket all that much. If there more shots like the one that John pulled out in that last rack (you know the shot if you watched the match), I might get a lot more interested in One Pocket.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, this is the table layout.

View attachment 640617
A version of the shot Irving Crane made to start the run vs Balsis.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Gabriel play rotation games well? If so, perhaps he should be in consideration for the MC

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I was at the Derby but, in this round, I chose a different match to sweat. I wish John had told me he was about to beat Alex, LOL. That's the way it goes at Derby City, though, for no matter how hard you try, you always miss some of the best matches.

tomatoshooter

Known JG a long time. He plays all games pretty sporty. Not a full time'r with his landscape gig so these outings are really big for him. Also does really good commentary on various streams.
It's great to see regular people mix things up with pros.

tomatoshooter

All the more reason to play straight pool. Need all 15 balls on the table to begin to understand and learn how the balls react and rub against each other.
I'm a hack at 1p and 14.1 but they are fun because you get to take shots that you might see once in 100 years playin 8 or 9 ball.