John Schmidt compliments Jayson and the 714 run

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
John has no issue with Jayson, the issue is with Bobby who ran the event. He setup this event for the sole purpose of beating John.
I don't think Jayson has a big issue with John either but he did take a couple of digs at him on the recent Cue It Up podcast. Claimed Johns table had a heater under it. That was the first time I had heard that.
I give more credit to John for the breaking the record than I do to Jayson. Being the first to do it paves the way for all the others. I don't think Jaysons record will stand as long as Johns.

john had tried a heater under his table according to his own statements. However, I don't think the heater suited him as it wasn't a heated table, just a heater under it that would probably lead to uneven heat. Might have something to do with that crazy roll of a cue ball that ended one of his promising earlier runs.

Funny thing, john made lots of jokes about what probably did help him a bit. He had been drinking a stimulant every day before starting. That day and for a day or two before he had swapped to a drink with a large amount of B-12 in it. Longer term B-12 gives you energy as most of us know. What isn't as well known is that short term, for maybe a day, it serves as a mild tranquilizer. I knew a man that was stopping his own race horses for over a year giving them B-12 the morning of the race. Three days before and they are ready to race, B-12 the day of the race and they came out flatfooted. Likewise, someone I knew getting B-12 shots slept the day away afterwards. The B-12, especially instead of a stimulant, might have been exactly what john needed to get him past the nerves as he neared Mosconi's record.

Hu

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
john had tried a heater under his table according to his own statements. However, I don't think the heater suited him as it wasn't a heated table, just a heater under it that would probably lead to uneven heat. Might have something to do with that crazy roll of a cue ball that ended one of his promising earlier runs.

Funny thing, john made lots of jokes about what probably did help him a bit. He had been drinking a stimulant every day before starting. That day and for a day or two before he had swapped to a drink with a large amount of B-12 in it. Longer term B-12 gives you energy as most of us know. What isn't as well known is that short term, for maybe a day, it serves as a mild tranquilizer. I knew a man that was stopping his own race horses for over a year giving them B-12 the morning of the race. Three days before and they are ready to race, B-12 the day of the race and they came out flatfooted. Likewise, someone I knew getting B-12 shots slept the day away afterwards. The B-12, especially instead of a stimulant, might have been exactly what john needed to get him past the nerves as he neared Mosconi's record.

Hu
That roll you’re referring to was nuts. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like that didn’t involve an elevated cue or ridiculous amounts of top.

Btw, I forgot to reply to your nuclear plant comment when I said, “Sorry, what?!?!?” It was the just the casual way you threw it in there: “So anyway, I was drawing up some plans for the nuclear plant and….” 😂

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
That roll you’re referring to was nuts. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like that didn’t involve an elevated cue or ridiculous amounts of top.

Btw, I forgot to reply to your nuclear plant comment when I said, “Sorry, what?!?!?” It was the just the casual way you threw it in there: “So anyway, I was drawing up some plans for the nuclear plant and….” 😂

Life near and in the nuke was no big deal after awhile. No big deal any time but yeah a little spooky at first. There were some rods, graphite if I remember correctly, that could be used to slow or stop the reaction if it threatened to run away, the few meltdowns worldwide were the results of whole chains of human errors plus the modern design nukes like maybe all in the USA at this point, are much safer than the old ones like Chernobyl. The trick is to hire control room operators with the guts to make a move on their own that will cost millions while maybe saving billions and many lives. Those guys and gals often come from the nuclear navy.

I am reminded of the two astronauts sitting on the launch pad moments from launch:
"Are you aware we are sitting on over fifty thousand separate components?"
"Sure I know that."
"Each one supplied by the lowest bidder."
"Momeeeeeee!"

Hu

Slapdaddy

That distinctly sounds like either a hapless team-John person or more likely a troll wrote it as a put-on. It is ridiculously too effusive to have been typed out by any pro player, including John.

Arnaldo
The words you choose, clearly shows you're not really a pool player, more like a 4th grade English teacher, that wears plaid every day.. Do you have a fanny pack?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't understand why this would be a relief for him? Did he feel some pressure that others would attempt what he had attempted- not being negative, but why is it a relief? Anyone who sets some sports record could anticipate challenges- just part of life. Odd choice of words.
Probably because of the bullshit he has had to endure from a relatively small group of knockers.

Work hard for years chasing a record in a discipline that isn't popular anymore and after you break that recorda small group of bonafide assholes makes it their mission to knock you for the next two years relentlessly.

Now maybe he can get some relief from those j******fs.

pw98

Registered
John has no issue with Jayson, the issue is with Bobby who ran the event. He setup this event for the sole purpose of beating John.
I don't think Jayson has a big issue with John either but he did take a couple of digs at him on the recent Cue It Up podcast. Claimed Johns table had a heater under it. That was the first time I had heard that.
I give more credit to John for the breaking the record than I do to Jayson. Being the first to do it paves the way for all the others. I don't think Jaysons record will stand as long as Johns.
Lol. Both jayson and john should just agree that both of their runs took place on contrived conditions and be through with it. Representing anything else is a joke.

pw98

Registered
Is it even possible to purchase a copy of John's 626? On line? A DVD? What ever. Many would have and still would be willing and able to buy a copy of it. It makes no sense for something that was and still is a great accomplishment for John for him not to be getting sales $$ for copies of his historic run. I asked on his FB page and never got a response.
The whole thing is a joke and charlie or whoever runs the operation must be the worst businessman in pool history.

pw98

Registered
Curious, are heaters under a table a problem? They’re used in snooker, and where I live they are used under nearly all carom tables. I’ve thought about putting one under my own table because they’re fairly cheap here and easy to get your hands on. A friend of mine in Seoul has one on his pocket ball table.
Its just a cheap inuendo they are using now to keep people from asking legitmate questions about their own table. Like the fact that some people claim that jayson's table had heating as well. Just a rumor i heard.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is *very* uncommon to have a heater under a pool table.

Lou Figueroa
I've played three cushion in Boca Raton on a table with a heater but it was the first time I had ever played billiards so I don't known what the heater did. What's the advantage of having a heated table? Is really a big advantage?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played three cushion in Boca Raton on a table with a heater but it was the first time I had ever played billiards so I don't known what the heater did. What's the advantage of having a heated table? Is really a big advantage?
Not sure the table being heated would be any advantage at all. Aren't 3 cushion tables heated for speed? These guys (Both JS's) are already playing on 760. Any faster than that, and I think it starts getting more difficult, not less.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
It's true, I read it on the internet. Jayson was wearing battery powered heated underwear and socks. That's why he took his shoes off, his feet were on fire.
Can't blame him for keeping the underwear on, warm and cozy.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think it wicks the moisture out of the cloth in humid environments and makes the cloth play dry, true, and faster.

However I will defer to a 3C player with a better explanation.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it wicks the moisture out of the cloth in humid environments and makes the cloth play dry, true, and faster.

However I will defer to a 3C player with abetter explanation.

Lou Figueroa
If that's the case I'm surprised we don't see the on more pool tables. Especially one pocket tables.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's the case I'm surprised we don't see the on more pool tables. Especially one pocket tables.

Just go ask your pool room owner for heaters under all the pool tables and see how that goes.

Lou Figueroa

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In comparison to the top of the carom and snooker food chains, pool players don't pay much attention to the equipment. Both carom and snooker tables in big competitions are heated. In upscale rooms they are also heated.

The heating drives out moisture as noted above. That makes the reaction of the cloth and rails much more consistent. That is extremely important at 3-cushion where any strange reaction off a cushion will cause a miss. If you watch the top snooker player playing kick shots to get out of safeties, you will see them controlling the cue ball to with a few inches after a couple of cushions and 15 feet of travel.

I think pool may get there but for now clean cloth and decent rubber gets you most of the way there.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe now we will not have to put up with that ridiculous post about whether John Schmidt's run was real or faked anymore since it no longer matters. No, that will not happen, they’ll claim Shaw did It with mirrors.