John Schmidt's 626

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any evidence to "shaved slate at the entry of the pockets"? Has anybody inspected the table to verify this? If this were true then this altered table and the run should be disqualified. Somebody should inspect the table to confirm if its true or not.

She would disqualify mosconi because he played on an 8 foot table with buckets for pockets to set the record. Lol you people are ridiculous.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Bob Jewett? I think he is a nice guy but is very partial to Schmidt. Why wasn’t it offered for the table To be inspected by neutral people and pool table mechanics as you know it is some type of so called record. The poolroom guarded that table like Fort Knox from being inspected.
Bottom line is table was altered no unedited video tape no inspection of the circus table and so on. Has anyone ever thought that Schmidt had been playing 10x more straight pool than anyone else in the world in the last 20 years and all his high runs have been on circus and easy tables..
If anybody doesn’t think the table conditions matter than how come he has 59,000 runs over 300 and not a single run on a Diamond over 300 not a single run. Wake up people. John creates the ultimate angles and conditions above and beyond so he can keep his ego so high and be able to continually wag his tail.

He’s someone with a life time of knowledge and credibility in the game and trusted more then you .. a doughnut head that spends his days *****ing on a pool forum.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I just responded to some nasty comments with my own on here.. I think 30 Years of listening to all the *****ing and moaning that comes along with this game is getting to me. The truth is I get it..and it’s john’s fault. Of course people are going to start thinking it’s not true when you take this long to release the tape. Do I think he actually broke the record on a normal table ....yes. But he has no one to blame but himself for the people questioning it. I’m sorry John that it’s pool and not enough people care for you to become a millionaire selling this. Pool isn’t a game that many people get rich off of no matter what their skill and only the hard core player is going to be able to sit down and watch someone run 626 balls. I know as much as I love the game I couldn’t watch. maybe the last 20 mins to see the pressure build but that’s it.

Release the tape john. at this point you lost any chance of capitalizing greatly on your achievement and it’s only causing the few people who care to question it or not to give a damn.

Black-Balled

He Rides the Skies
Silver Member
Lol.

John is not the kind of guy to respond to your appeal in a manner like you hope.

I know I just responded to some nasty comments with my own on here.. I think 30 Years of listening to all the *****ing and moaning that comes along with this game is getting to me. The truth is I get it..and it’s john’s fault. Of course people are going to start thinking it’s not true when you take this long to release the tape. Do I think he actually broke the record on a normal table ....yes. But he has no one to blame but himself for the people questioning it. I’m sorry John that it’s pool and not enough people care for you to become a millionaire selling this. Pool isn’t a game that many people get rich off of no matter what their skill and only the hard core player is going to be able to sit down and watch someone run 626 balls. I know as much as I love the game I couldn’t watch. maybe the last 20 mins to see the pressure build but that’s it.

Release the tape john. at this point you lost any chance of capitalizing greatly on your achievement and it’s only causing the few people who care to question it or not to give a damn.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol.

John is not the kind of guy to respond to your appeal in a manner like you hope.

I don’t care if he does or he doesn’t. I’m just stating an opinion and honestly I know from chatting with him on fb he doesn’t come on az anymore . He got chased off by the trolls like all pros who have come here . He lost his moment and I understand at this point why people are questioning it. It seem like forever a go when this happened.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t care if he does or he doesn’t. I’m just stating an opinion and honestly I know from chatting with him on fb he doesn’t come on az anymore . He got chased off by the trolls like all pros who have come here . He lost his moment and I understand at this point why people are questioning it. It seem like forever a go when this happened.

No one can chase anyone off here.

You come here, present your thoughts, they stand or fall on their strength or weakness, and you become a member of the community if you can stand the heat. The problem is that many pros expect to come here and get showered with baby kisses. And when people have differing and sometimes critical opinions the pro takes umbrage and their ball and goes home. Then snow flakes start wailing, gnashing their teeth, rending their garments moaning about how another precious pro has been "run off" AZ.

As I recall, about the time he stopped posting, some accounts began to emerge here about the personal interactions folks had with him and it began to look like, just maybe, he wasn't America's Sweetheart after all.

In any case, I thought he should have hung around. He could have contributed a lot and did know how to occasionally turn a humorous phrase.

Lou Figueroa

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Quote: trob: I don’t care if he does or he doesn’t. I’m just stating an opinion and honestly I know from chatting with him on fb he doesn’t come on az anymore . He got chased off by the trolls like all pros who have come here . He lost his moment and I understand at this point why people are questioning it. It seem like forever a go when this happened.

He’s someone with a life time of knowledge and credibility in the game and trusted more then you .. a doughnut head that spends his days *****ing on a pool forum.

Which is exactly what you are doing...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
main issue, john and azb

john showed his ass on azb. Embarrassed himself and felt he had to make an apology on here. Making an apology pissed him off so he and his buddy did a little real world physical stalking with an assault planned. Two fine healthy young men against one disabled old fellow. Being dumber than a box of rocks his partner didn't realize that the guy that they were stalking had been in his pool hall over a dozen times. He went to Buffalo's where the guy was known to play at the current time, never returning to the corner after finding Buffalo's far superior place. Nobody there enlightened the stalker if they knew who he was looking for.

john put in a couple very brief appearances after that. Since most didn't idolize him he pulled a more permanent fade.

We have a handful of pro players on AZB that could beat John on the pool table. They are happy to be basically anonymous and have their posts stand or fall on their own merits rather than being seen as pronouncements from on high.

Hu

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Silver Member

Nice nitty comments. Like it or not your entitled to your opinion as I am also.
Unlike 98% of the people replying in this thread I actually can play straight pool at a very high level and I know John very well. Also I am a historian of pool and like to keep the record books straight in line without people setting up circus tables to break records. As far as Bob Jewett I respect him and his donations and have no issues with him at all. The times I’ve been around him he has been respectful and so have I.
I can very easily set up 6 tables at my house and create circus type conditions and fly in 10 pros and let them stay with me and I’m sure within just a few days one of them would run 700 or more if I created the same conditions and table like John played on and release an unedited video of all the runs for free and if I did would the high runs be official?

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No one can chase anyone off here.

You come here, present your thoughts, they stand or fall on their strength or weakness, and you become a member of the community if you can stand the heat. The problem is that many pros expect to come here and get showered with baby kisses. And when people have differing and sometimes critical opinions the pro takes umbrage and their ball and goes home. Then snow flakes start wailing, gnashing their teeth, rending their garments moaning about how another precious pro has been "run off" AZ.

As I recall, about the time he stopped posting, some accounts began to emerge here about the personal interactions folks had with him and it began to look like, just maybe, he wasn't America's Sweetheart after all.

In any case, I thought he should have hung around. He could have contributed a lot and did know how to occasionally turn a humorous phrase.

Lou Figueroa
Really, you don’t think someone can be chased off of here, that’s hilarious, thanks for making me laugh, or LOL as we say nowadays.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
So who here is up to beating his record by a few balls and releasing live footage? Don't believe the record? Beat it and make him shut up about it.

*boogieman backs away slowly after stirring the pot

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who here is up to beating his record by a few balls and releasing live footage? Don't believe the record? Beat it and make him shut up about it.

Agreed, and that is the essence of what I encouragingly outlined for a very highly skilled & respect-worthy 14.1 champion in post 664 on page 45

Arnaldo

Last edited:

Black-Balled

He Rides the Skies
Silver Member

Don't flatter yourself, you've only parroted what has been stated about 20x already.

But here is the thing: any 14.1 devotee has attempted to run a huge# and has yet to get there.

logical

Part of the Conspiracy
Silver Member
...blah blah blah....and if I did would the high runs be official?

98 percenter here...

Yes, I suppose they would be. So, when is this event happening?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...any 14.1 devotee has attempted to run a huge# and has yet to get there.
Or even close. But they have the next best thing: a public forum on which they can try to trash anybody else's success - apparently without realizing the damage they're doing to their own images in the process.

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or even close. But they have the next best thing: a public forum on which they can try to trash anybody else's success - apparently without realizing the damage they're doing to their own images in the process.

pj
chgo

Exactly how tall a step-ladder do you need to get off that horse?

Lou Figueroa

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the first couple of 200+ runs on Diamond tables (4 1/2 " pockets) at DCC Straight Pool challenges, I seem to remember someone commenting that 200 on a Diamond is roughly equivalent to running 300 or more on a Gold Crown with 5" pockets."

Does that ratio sound about right? I'm thinking it's hard to accurately quantify or even estimate something like that.

Arnaldo