John Schmidt's 626

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple of points, I'll start here:

News flash.....(NOBODYhereGIVESaSHIT!)
AZBILLIARDS.COM:

400+ negative posts about one dude, JS, paints a pretty clear picture who gives a SH!T.

Any guesses on who that is????????

And now:

Several posters here have been identified along with Mark Griffin, CSI and the 14.1 Hi-Run Challenge at BCAPL - 05-13-2011, 2012 and 2013 as offering $5K-$10K, along with CSI offering $10K for anyone who could equal or exceed the Mosconi hi-run of 526 balls in an exhibition, during their own hi-run contests. Many of them didn't seem to care how, when, nor where it happened, just beat, equal or exceed the 526 number of balls. Some did, however place some restrictions to get the monetary award.

The 526 number wasn't exceeded in the immediately following years, so the offers were eventually withdrawn for lack of opportunity.

Many of them, however closely associated with the eventual player who claims to have bested the 526, still seem to have some skin in the claim.

Therefore, doubters have no faith in them/their supporting the accomplishment.

There can only be one!

The claimant must provide unedited proof of the claim. Everyday just increases the doubts.

There, now, more than the peel will need to be taken off that ONION!

I love that my good buddy, xHAIRYx, who masquerades around here as a run of the mill septuagenarian makes references to movies no other seasoned citizen understands......Highlander,,,,,,, hmmmm...how could this be?

There is no Quickening this time Kurgan (xHAIRYx),,, Connor MacLeod (JS) has already run the big number of 626.

I can't wait for your response,,, I just hope I can quote it and reply before you go back and edit it.

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth

I haven't read every post, but have read many. I only played 14:1 continuous a handful of times in the early seventies, but believed then as I do now, that the game is an unrivaled test of skill. IMHO to hold the record at 14:1 is the pinnacle achievement in pocket billiards (snooker not withstanding). My only interest is knowing definitely that the person holding that record earned it legitimately. A well respected person has attested to that.

That being said, I'm curious why so much time has passed without the video being made available. Is there something wrong with the video? Is it being withheld out of disappointment because it appears it will not produce a huge payday? Why did he not "strike while the iron is hot?"

It has been said that John Schmidt owes us nothing. I respectfully disagree. To hold yourself out to have achieved such an astounding feat and feel no obligation to share that with the pool community you have been a part of for so many years seems quite selfish. Not saying he should not be paid, but the market will determine the video's financial worth. Decide what path will yield the most and get on with it.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More senile accusations from the js626 drunken crewmembers. Both of you take two hands and reach around your necks and press upwards, with much effort. If successful, maybe you can get your heads out of your arses. quote that, sh*theads.

Hey quick question xHAIRYx,,,,,, if my head is in my arse, and I have my hands around my neck and press upward,,, wouldn't that just put my head farther up my arse?

I can tell you truly are a really good pool player.

I'll still buy you those suds and play you cheap so we can laugh about all this, unless the butt hurt is too painful.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comparison with how easy the tables played is largely unimportant to me. I just want to see the video showing someone breaking that many racks and still ending up with a makable shot!
I mean, when the CB rolls behind & freezes to a ball near the rail, what the hell CAN you do? If you end up trapped against a cushion and thus can’t even kick at anything near a pocket (unless you are lucky enough that the angle of the ball you are frozen to allows being thrown or banked), you are SCREWED. When you hit the pack hard enough to spread the balls, you really can’t avoid that kind of leave. Absolute control of whitey on the break shot means you are constantly picking off strays and only breaking out a few at a time, which CAN be frustrating. Hit the pack hard finally, and an OB is bound to eventually roll on top of the CB.
J.S. has to be the luckiest man alive.
I made this exact point on a related thread shortly after the 626 run was reported. To me, successfully executing 45 consecutive beginning of rack break shots in a row - making the ball, not scratching and always leaving yourself with a makeable shot following the break, was the most impressive and statistically unlikely feat of this run of 626.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No purchase necessary. I require no brews to play billiards at any price. Talk is cheap, same as laughs. He who laughs last, lasts loudest! I require no medications, not even prep-H. I'm sure you know what that is used for. Piece on you. Later..... uno

Thanks.

Piece on you too??? :confused::confused:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair, there are people on this (and most forums) that live to stir the $hit. Trolls. And some pro's tired easily of that foolishness. (Just like many non-pro's) Most people who stay on a forum any amount of time understand that's part of the deal. Many of the pro's had little-to-no computer/internet experience, so dealing with that wasn't anything they signed up for, so's to speak.

Some posted in a way that encouraged it. Fair game, at that point.

In the Facebook environment, they can control the trolling. For better or worse.

Trolls are everywhere.

They exist in real life and if you get out of line with some of them they will clean your clock. So it's unrealistic to think you can come here and not have someone try and shark or crack wise about you, disagree with you, or even insult you. No different than in real life.

Whether it's a biker bar or pool room or country club, if you can't adjust and try and fit in with the locals you shouldn't walk in in the first place.

Lou Figueroa

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I've managed to stay employed due to my proficiency within my field for the during of my adult life. There are countless forums that discuss that subject matter. I purposely do not take part in any of them.

Being a professional "subject matter expert" on a forum filled with self proclaimed subject matter experts, simply isn't worth the headaches.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
There are maybe 7 people on this planet whose lives will change if we suddenly find the whole JS626 was faked in the same remote soundsrage used to fake the moon landings...or if it is somehow verified beyond reasonable doubt.

I am not one of those people. I am only &ere to poke holes is the nonsense conspiracy theories. If this thread was about chem trails or dogmen or bigfoot (assuming there are members who have a long standing grudge with bigfoot) it would be more or less the same to me.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've managed to stay employed due to my proficiency within my field for the during of my adult life. There are countless forums that discuss that subject matter. I purposely do not take part in any of them.

Being a professional "subject matter expert" on a forum filled with self proclaimed subject matter experts, simply isn't worth the headaches.

While not innacurate, generally...sport is somewhat unique in that one's knowledge can far exceed his execution ability.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
While not innacurate, generally...sport is somewhat unique in that one's knowledge can far exceed his execution ability.

Fair enough... However that really doesn't change the situation though.

If you have done something a certain way, and have had measurable success doing so, (aka: pro's insight) but are continually subjected to contradictory self proclaimed insight by those who have only their opinion backing them. ....it wears on you.

It's generally accepted that a coach knows more than player, but simply doesn't want to and/or can't walk the walk.

Arm Chair Quarterback != Coach
(couldn't sort out the correct "not equal" symbol)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Trolls are everywhere.

They exist in real life and if you get out of line with some of them they will clean your clock. So it's unrealistic to think you can come here and not have someone try and shark or crack wise about you, disagree with you, or even insult you. No different than in real life.

Whether it's a biker bar or pool room or country club, if you can't adjust and try and fit in with the locals you shouldn't walk in in the first place.

Lou Figueroa

I'm not excusing it. I'm explaining one potential (and likely) reason many pro's don't wish to spend time here.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shizzle...but when anyone holds steadfast to an opinion that contradicts dr Dave...well...
Angry-mob-of-peasants-789789921

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
face book puppet

She would disqualify mosconi because he played on an 8 foot table with buckets for pockets to set the record. Lol you people are ridiculous.

Facebook puppet, yer actually presumptuous for believing bca and pred cues fake news - without first seeing un edited proof. U will lose this one trob

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
nope

He’s someone with a life time of knowledge and credibility in the game and trusted more then you .. a doughnut head that spends his days *****ing on a pool forum.

Actually he ran 311 while u were chattin with yer facebook buddies on how to polish a turd chopped video and respond to people who are genuine. So I put Wrlpro way ahead on the list of people I would trust vs the likes of u trob and yer facebook pal j.s. Yer facebook buddy/hero j.s and u - do indeed have some trob.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
That’s not what I meant. The table John played on and every table he has ever set out to run high runs on has been far from non standard. Every table has been altered. How about just set up a new factory specs table and a brand new set of balls and start running balls without any changes like shaved slate at the pockets,760 Simonis, heaters under the slate, vacuuming and cleaning the felt constantly after a run has started and polishing the balls once a run has started. The soft pocket facings, short cut cushions to make the pockets bigger are non standard also.
If any of you don’t think the table specs make a difference than why has John been playing on Diamonds for 20+ years and never broke 300 not once. But he has 8 million runs over 300 in circus tables. Also all the 14.1 challenges at Derby City and the SBE many great players struggle to put up large high runs..
Now try to stay on track now with what I wrote hear.

They will ask any question they can think of regarding small details or table specs Bobbie - they seem genuine - but the reality is their goal here is to distract or derail the conversation about why there is no unedited video available for the people to see and or purchase, these members are troll's of az.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I sea'

Since there is a large contingent here who insists on educated pool people to verify that JS actually did this feat, and apparently Bob Jewett isn't considered to be "expert" enough...could we also expect that some equivalent sort of expert testimony be presented verifying these "circus tables"? Beyond your say-so, I mean...

Not going into yer circus table rabbit hole - but if bca or j.s. ever do release unedited video of their grandiose claim - there are several well respected forum members who's opinion I would trust. If they (bca/j.s. crew) allow a professional 14.1 player like Lou Figueroa, to see unedited proof - and Lou says it's legit -then that's good enough for me - i have competed against Lou, found him to be a man of integrity j.s., bca, and predator cues have put the buggy before the horse in relation to giving j.s. all these free press accolades - he probly does not deserve. Also I think Fatboy is honest individual (who has all the geek squad equipment to verify their 'claim'). As for yer buddy Bob Jewett while he is recognizes as a student of the game - he is good pals with j.s - so ya that wouldn't work at all? I just read at the end of one of Bob's posts on this thread he stated "its fun to make things up" need I say more? Those who think promoting fake news regarding Mosconi's 526 being surpassed is funny or that they do it just cause they can - have a big surprise coming to em.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
captured on film

They seem to be using it on their company website. From Predators website:

"JOHN "MR. 600" SCHMIDT
Began playing with Predator in: 2018

Born: April 12, 1973

Resides: Hesperia, CA

Hometown: Keokuk, IA

{snipped tournaments and titles for brevity}

Special Accomplishments:
Highest 14.1 Run captured on film, 626 balls
Played on 2 Mosconi Cup Teams
Highest run on Diamond, 294 balls
Currently only living player with 7 runs of 400+ and 131 runs over 200 at straight pool"

https://www.predatorcues.com/usa/pro-team/john-schmidt.html

No photo ops or such, regarding the run. There is a video there, looking like an interview, which I cannot watch as I'm at work. But they are out there in the public, standing behind him, on their official company site.

I noticed u never said captured on film - with unedited footage - BIG DIFFERENCE desk job clerk - of the bca fake news dept. But yea there is a video there looking LIKE an interview. Just my view from the outer perimeter. Did they (crooked powers hiding the mystery 626 video) give u a free carbon fibre shaft for yer fake news corroboration?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed u never said captured on film - with unedited footage - BIG DIFFERENCE desk job clerk - of the bca fake news dept. But yea there is a video there looking LIKE an interview. Just my view from the outer perimeter. Did they (crooked powers hiding the mystery 626 video) give u a free carbon fibre shaft for yer fake news corroboration?

Think you might be on to something there.

There's no vid of him not getting a shaft. PUPPET!!!

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just in:

Updated Top Conspiracy Theories in the USA

1 Illuminati
2 False flag operations
3 9/11
4 Sandy Hook
5 Clintons
6 Jeffrey Epstein death conspiracy theories
7 FEMA