John Schmidt's 626

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Highest run captured on video? We’ll release the video so all of us can see it.
Was it on a standard table or special circumstances like say 760 Simonis constant cleaning of the felt, polishing of the halls, heaters under the table, extra wide pockets, shaved slate at the entry of the pockets there is more but I’m sure everyone can get the idea.
Highest run on a Diamond table. Well your wrong there sir. Highest run on a Diamond table that has pro cut pockets just under 4.5 inches is 311 not 294. Some guy named Bobby Chamberlain ran 311.
So you know there are a lot of players that just stop after they run 150 or 200. If everybody that has gotten to these numbers and continued there runs there would be at least 20 players with many runs over 400 and maybe a few over 800.
Cranfield ran over 700 twice. Cranfield couldn’t produce an unedited video just as John Schmidt can’t either. The difference is they didn’t have video cameras back then where Schmidt claims to have a unedited video and can’t produce it for proof to the pool world.

The post was made in response to Predator and their stance on "the run". Not making any other point, or choosing to engage y'all on points that have been flogged incessantly.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Highest run captured on video? We’ll release the video so all of us can see it.
Was it on a standard table or special circumstances like say 760 Simonis constant cleaning of the felt, polishing of the halls, heaters under the table, extra wide pockets, shaved slate at the entry of the pockets there is more but I’m sure everyone can get the idea.

Is there any evidence to "shaved slate at the entry of the pockets"? Has anybody inspected the table to verify this? If this were true then this altered table and the run should be disqualified. Somebody should inspect the table to confirm if its true or not.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there any evidence to "shaved slate at the entry of the pockets"? Has anybody inspected the table to verify this? If this were true then this altered table and the run should be disqualified. Somebody should inspect the table to confirm if its true or not.

The pool hall would not let anyone inspect the circus table and it has since been removed.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The pool hall would not let anyone inspect the circus table and it has since been removed.

Now that's really interesting if true. WHY would they want to move an historic table like that? Better to sell it to the highest bidder, after John signs it saying this is the table I ran 626 balls on.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now that's really interesting if true. WHY would they want to move an historic table like that? Better to sell it to the highest bidder, after John signs it saying this is the table I ran 626 balls on.
They took the 760 Simonis off the table and cut it into a million small pieces and John autographed all the pieces and sold them.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob jewett has stated more than once that he had the opportunity to inspect the table and didn't note any irregularities with it.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
They took the 760 Simonis off the table and cut it into a million small pieces and John autographed all the pieces and sold them.

Do you have pictures of all 1 million pieces, or are you just making things up like the shaved table argument?

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob jewett has stated more than once that he had the opportunity to inspect the table and didn't note any irregularities with it.

Who is Bob Jewett? I think he is a nice guy but is very partial to Schmidt. Why wasn’t it offered for the table To be inspected by neutral people and pool table mechanics as you know it is some type of so called record. The poolroom guarded that table like Fort Knox from being inspected.
Bottom line is table was altered no unedited video tape no inspection of the circus table and so on. Has anyone ever thought that Schmidt had been playing 10x more straight pool than anyone else in the world in the last 20 years and all his high runs have been on circus and easy tables..
If anybody doesn’t think the table conditions matter than how come he has 59,000 runs over 300 and not a single run on a Diamond over 300 not a single run. Wake up people. John creates the ultimate angles and conditions above and beyond so he can keep his ego so high and be able to continually wag his tail.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who is Bob Jewett? I think he is a nice guy but is very partial to Schmidt. Why wasn’t it offered for the table To be inspected by neutral people and pool table mechanics as you know it is some type of so called record. The poolroom guarded that table like Fort Knox from being inspected.
Bottom line is table was altered no unedited video tape no inspection of the circus table and so on. Has anyone ever thought that Schmidt had been playing 10x more straight pool than anyone else in the world in the last 20 years and all his high runs have been on circus and easy tables..
If anybody doesn’t think the table conditions matter than how come he has 59,000 runs over 300 and not a single run on a Diamond over 300 not a single run. Wake up people. John creates the ultimate angles and conditions above and beyond so he can keep his ego so high and be able to continually wag his tail.

So you are saying Bob is in on the conspiracy, he’s a liar? I think you have much more “skin” in the game trying to debunk the record than Bob does when he just states his observations. I seen no agenda for Bob, but yours comes through loud and clear. You are just throwing random allegations against the wall and seeing what sticks.

Pathetic to say that about Bob.

Last edited:

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Bob Jewett is Bob Jewett, and I would say that, if you were looking for a person who had both the utmost integrity and the ability to accurately record and report any observations made or inquiries in which he engaged, then Bob should be your man. He would certainly be mine.

On another note, what did Mosconi do to "monetize" his record? How much did he realize as a result?

Here is/are missing scenario(s) which have been bedeviling me since I first began considering this conundrum:

Poolhall Owner: "Hey, JS how about you come on down to my place and break Mosconi's record? And, oh btw, we know that you are going to need good video of your record breaking run to send to BCA, and to make money with, so,

a) We will just use the state of the art video system already installed at
THE TABLE at my place (It was on THE TABLE, right?); or

b) I do not have a state of the art video system already installed so we will get
one installed; or

c) What's say we go ahead and contact Accustat (or _____________) now, and
see what kind of deal you can make with them and let them sweat the
details."

It occurs to me that any of the above are so perfectly logical that one would expect one of them to have occurred. Right? This make any sense at all?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I was in on the whole thing and Bob was not at any of our secret meetings so I can verify he wasn't in on it.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Regardless of the record and John breaking it, John's not going to go down as the next Mosconi... I do not see the Schmidt Cup ever happening.

If that table sells for 5 dollars more then it's current value, I'd be shocked.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was in on the whole thing and Bob was not at any of our secret meetings so I can verify he wasn't in on it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I in fact have complete transcripts of all your secret meetings. That smoke detector in the Monterey Holiday Inn where you had your meetings was not a smoke detector.

The site of their nefarious conspiracy:

CropperCapture[156].jpg

It's fun to make things up. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bob <-- been known to bug people

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
In the interest of full disclosure, I in fact have complete transcripts of all your secret meetings. That smoke detector in the Monterey Holiday Inn where you had your meetings was not a smoke detector....

Bob <-- been known to bug people

I can't believe you fell for our fake decoy meetings. The real ones were in Beijing.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't believe you fell for our fake decoy meetings. The real ones were in Beijing.
Oh, well. Fooled again. I still think you were using magnets, though. That curving cue ball was the result of a switch left on when it shouldn't have been.

Bob <-- nearly all magnets come from China now so it all fits together

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Meant as sarcasm, but this is probably the single best suggestion that schmidt might have profited from.

At least 50x100 to be cut up....3x2" autographed cuts
5000/6= 833 pieces.
25$ per piece= 20k

I see why you have nice things...cash from trash. Brilliant.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wrldpro, your world record 311 run on a Diamond table is remarkable to anyone well-acquainted with Diamonds and with the sustained excellence that is fundamental to Straight Pool itself.

Permit me this sincere suggestion that -- if implemented -- would resolve a number of issues and result in a great deal of personal satisfaction for you and many 14.1 devotees:

Given the inarguable -- and not necessarily troubling -- fact that both Mosconi's 526 and John's 626 were accomplished on tables that had very generously-sized pockets, and such tables are widely available in all regions of our country, why not try a fair number of recorded sessions each month on such a table?

Given the very high-level skills exhibited on some of your videos (and the fact of your 311 Diamond run) it's extremely likely that with determined effort, you will substantially exceed the 626 and emerge with unedited, creditably-witnessed footage that will be both admirable and highly-instructive (and monetize-able at your discretion).

Arnaldo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Wrldpro, your world record 311 run on a Diamond table is remarkable to anyone well-acquainted with Diamonds and with the sustained excellence that is fundamental to Straight Pool itself.

Permit me this sincere suggestion that -- if implemented -- would resolve a number of issues and result in a great deal of personal satisfaction for you and many 14.1 devotees:

Given the inarguable -- and not necessarily troubling -- fact that both Mosconi's 526 and John's 626 were accomplished on tables that had very generously-sized pockets, and such tables are widely available in all regions of our country, why not try a fair number of recorded sessions each month on such a table?

Given the very high-level skills exhibited on some of your videos (and the fact of your 311 Diamond run) it's extremely likely that with determined effort, you will substantially exceed the 626 and emerge with unedited, creditably-witnessed footage that will be both admirable and highly-instructive (and monetize-able at your discretion).

Arnaldo
Perhaps you haven't been reading along, but rational thinking is not tolerated in this thread.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Perhaps you haven't been reading along, but rational thinking is not tolerated in this thread.

Plus, Mark jacked the legs on the table so his run is invalid. I can't prove anything but I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND REPEAT MYSELF SO IT'S TRUE!!!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Plus, Mark jacked the legs on the table so his run is invalid. I can't prove anything but I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND REPEAT MYSELF SO IT'S TRUE!!!

And don't forget the vast conspiracy to make this all happen....