John Schmidt's new DVD

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
Yes cause he is stringing high runs back to back, If he uses the big balls on a snooker table for a week Id predict 400+ on a 9' with 4.25-4.5" pockets soon thereafter....

SPINDOKTOR

Fatboy said:
Its not IF he is gonna beat Willie's run its WHEN. Mark my words.

RunOut_PP

Registered
CreeDo said:
Looking forward to this too, wonder what his average was overall? I remember hearing once that Thorsten averaged over 70 in a tournament, it seems like a number john would have no problem with too. If he put that much focus into it, I can believe 500+ is possible and even breaking mosconi's record.

I saw Torsten Hohmann win the European 14.1 Championships 2005 in Veldhoven, The Netherlands. He ran 125 and out in 3 of the last 4 matches, including the finals. His tournament average was 50 balls per inning overall, absolutely phenomenal.

Unfortunately the EPBF archive seems to be broken so I can't find the tournamentbracket and result but he beat some serious names along the way.

PS looking forward to the John Schmidt DVDs

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
RunOut_PP said:
I saw Torsten Hohmann win the European 14.1 Championships 2005 in Veldhoven, The Netherlands. He ran 125 and out in 3 of the last 4 matches, including the finals. His tournament average was 50 balls per inning overall, absolutely phenomenal.
Round 1
Hohmann Thorsten vs Himmelbauer Andreas 125-100 (4 innings)
Winners Round 1
Hohmann Thorsten vs Jungo Dimitri 125-110 (7 innings)
Winners Round 2
Lyng Jakob vs Hohmann Thorsten 0-125 (1 inning)
Single elimination
Hohmann Thorsten vs Stepanov Konstantin 125-31 (9 innings)
1/8 Final
SE-226 Chamat Marcus vs Hohmann Thorsten 15-125 (2 innings)
1/4 Final
SE-233 Feijen Niels vs Hohmann Thorsten 11-125 (2 innings)
1/2 Final
SE-237 Hohmann Thorsten vs Lely Alex 125-2 (1 inning)
Final
SE-239 Hohmann Thorsten vs Ottermann Nicolas 125-3 (1 inning)

High run 125
Total points 1000
Total innings 18
Overall average 55,556

That's a straight pool player! I've been watching EC internet live stream back then and have seen a shot Hohmann started his run-out with vafter a safety by Ottermann. What a shot to start in a final match, uh?! (just a sample, I didn't remove 3 balls pocketed by Nico)

hohmannzu2.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Vahmurka said:
Final
SE-239 Hohmann Thorsten vs Ottermann Nicolas 125-3 (1 inning)

That's a straight pool player! I've been watching EC internet live stream back then and have seen a shot Hohmann started his run-out with vafter a safety by Ottermann. What a shot to start in a final match, uh?! (just a sample, I didn't remove 3 balls pocketed by Nico)

Something is broken with the above scorekeeping. Who shot the opening break shot in the Otterman/Hohmann game? I assume it was Hohmann since Ottermann got some points. Then, apparently, Hohmann ran out from the safety. That was two innings for Hohmann. The opening break counts as an inning. Maybe the Europeans count innings differently, but in the US, safeties have always been counted as innings, including the opening safety.

Steve C

Registered
DJKeys said:
I will take a dvd when they become available. PM me for details. I still watch the 245 with the after-commentary and love it.
How might I obtain the 245 ball run with commentary?

Looking forward to the new videos being released.

I would guess that John is playing/practicing more straight pool than anyone right now and his brain and execution are in sync and in the zone.
It is amazing to watch him disect a rack.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Something is broken
I would agree - but it was not Mosconi's 526. Stay non woke - or at least try uh little harder - bca bob - the rule guru. I really am up to speed - let me know if u need further clarification. I let u know about any - Official Rules - Reguarding proper and or ethical ways of filming 14.1 - Honestly. Another great instructional dvd is the 2nd TAR match between schmidt and myself, Race to 400 points.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I would agree - but it was not Mosconi's 526. Stay non woke - or at least try uh little harder - bca bob - the rule guru. I really am up to speed - let me know if u need further clarification. I let u know about any - Official Rules - Reguarding proper and or ethical ways of filming 14.1 - Honestly. Another great instructional dvd is the 2nd TAR match between schmidt and myself, Race to 400 points.
SOMETHING is broken alright.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
How come these videos advertised here - are available to the Open Public (in disc form) and his supposed 626 missing dvd video - is not available in disc for Public to purchase? Also the 626 theatre show is a video review - similar to a book review, only Real difference is at a book review - the audience is offered a signed copy of the book - to take home. At the end 626 theatre show there are zero signed copies of the 626 dvd available for purchase, this is a bit of a puzzle? When Shaw did the non certified pocket specs circus 714/669 loss of feed 'fakebook wreckord' - shaw surpassed supposedly - JS's theatre show record - when an aspiring 14.1 player asked JS if he would ever release the 626 in disc form - now that shaw had kinda surpassed it. Js was quoted saying "it's not worth anything now". Most 14.1 players know that the the Claim of pocketing 626 - without a miss - was just a cheap publicity stunt, many people have been waiting for years to see unsoiled proof - the 626 was ever real> Truly a sad sit for JS and his sponsors. :-(

Last edited:

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
I never ran a 100 until I watched JS (How I run The 100'S)
I had the ability but not the knowledge
I think anything with John doing voice over or player review is well worth the money you will spend
I always say watching a guy run a 100 you dont learn much/Knowing what they are Thinking PRICELESS IMHO

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
lmfao the whole gang is back in action
lets dig up all the 17 yr old js threads and take fire

• Haha
Reactions: ACL

ACL

I am sure, to lie is probly about as easy 4 u as breathing. Just a fresh breath of air - in your direction.
Really Danny Boy? After all this time and that's all you got? I gotta say I am deeply disappointed in you. A man of your wit, intelligence and stature should be much more creative than that.

I am a liar. I lied to my ex-wife for years. I have lied to myself. We all lie everyday. I admit and take responsibility for it. You my dear under-a-rock-dwelling friend are a coward. We all know it and you have proven it. It's now time for you to admit it. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Remember, the first step to fixing a problem is recognizing you have one.