Jean-Robert Bellande

Just Started and they are betting it up :eek:

Alex won 1st game

Copy of A New Design (7).jpg

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tater has always been really good at one thing that I saw. He is good at knowing how much weight he needs or how much he can give and win. He gets backers to bet high and wins a lot. Not because is the best player but because he knows how good both himself and his opponent play. Many people over rate their own game and Tater has a good eye for it.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tater has always been really good at one thing that I saw. He is good at knowing how much weight he needs or how much he can give and win. He gets backers to bet high and wins a lot. Not because is the best player but because he knows how good both himself and his opponent play. Many people over rate their own game and Tater has a good eye for it.

He can play a little too, usually good enough to get the cheese. Wonder how his match with Big Bobby turned out?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
look....I never said you "did" get burned. I did say you "may have got burned". Lots of people have been burned by tater. You came across as one of them.

Me?....Ive never been burned by tater. Matter of fact, I'm up on tater. Not as a backer but, on the table with him. I've played him several times and have lost but a few times. Having said that, we normally play cheap. I'm almost certain that the most tater and I have ever played for is ~$200 a set...9 and 10 ball in sets to 9 or 11. We have always played even and always at bumpers in birmingham or huntsville.

Jason..., I have NEVER ONCE had a problem with tater. He has always had the money to pay me if he lost and has always been respectful to me while playing regardless if he won or lost.

You say you love him like a son...., well, I'm not that close to him but, that dont make me a liar either. Again, you was out of line by calling me a liar.

I play David Rowell the same way but David and I have not played near as many times and we play for $50 a set.

Point being, tater is no hustler.....IMO....he cant hustle because everyone that gambles knows exactly who he is...... and....... what he can or cant do. How is that a hustle?....its not.

Besides who are you to tell me or anyone what we can think about something or someone and on top of that.........lol.........call someone a liar just because they happen to believe something you dont. Again, Jason, you was out of line.

Now, I never said he has not done underhanded things. Thats not my place to say. I dont want to be judged so, I try not to judge people unless I am put in a position where I am forced to.

I was good with you until you called me a liar. Why would you call me a liar over something that you cannot prove or disprove? It makes no sense.

Its like calling me a liar if I say I like chocolate. LOL...how do you know what I like? Well, the same is true with what I've experienced with tater. How do you know what I've experienced with someone else? You dont.

Jason, if you cant be a gentleman, I had rather you move past my post from this point forward sir and I will show you the same respect.

I'm not a keyboard tough guy so, I really dont see any point in going any further.

Nevermind edit your posts

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
we form opinions based on really a very short time.

No dog in this fight although I seem to remember tater being tangled up in the great quarter controversy or something else with scooter in that time frame.

What I wanted to point out is that we all form an opinion about someone and if we like them or not in a very short time. Two regulars in the same pool room may have known each other for several years or more but how long have they interacted with each other? Maybe a dozen hours or less but they would swear they know the person well.

I have known many a small time crook or swindler that never did me wrong. Also know some great God fearing Christians that people put on a pedestal that have burned me. Perhaps the best friend I ever had was a killer and psychopath. He did a lot of people wrong. He burned me for $2500 when we first met, then made another deal that set that right.

Unless we spend a lot of time with someone for months or years we really are judging them on a small snapshot of their lives. What we say about them is the truth and based on our experience. What someone else says is probably the truth based on their experience with the person.

It is silly to fight when someone else has a different impression of someone than we do. Several of my best friends have a totally opposite impression of a pro player than I do. I'll stick by my impression, they will stick by theirs. It doesn't affect our friendships in any way.

People can disagree about a person and nobody be wrong. Just a matter of perspective.

Hu

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No dog in this fight although I seem to remember tater being tangled up in the great quarter controversy or something else with scooter in that time frame.

What I wanted to point out is that we all form an opinion about someone and if we like them or not in a very short time. Two regulars in the same pool room may have known each other for several years or more but how long have they interacted with each other? Maybe a dozen hours or less but they would swear they know the person well.

I have known many a small time crook or swindler that never did me wrong. Also know some great God fearing Christians that people put on a pedestal that have burned me. Perhaps the best friend I ever had was a killer and psychopath. He did a lot of people wrong. He burned me for $2500 when we first met, then made another deal that set that right.

Unless we spend a lot of time with someone for months or years we really are judging them on a small snapshot of their lives. What we say about them is the truth and based on our experience. What someone else says is probably the truth based on their experience with the person.

It is silly to fight when someone else has a different impression of someone than we do. Several of my best friends have a totally opposite impression of a pro player than I do. I'll stick by my impression, they will stick by theirs. It doesn't affect our friendships in any way.

People can disagree about a person and nobody be wrong. Just a matter of perspective.

Hu

Very true Hue.

As usual, good post.

I like tater. He's never done anything to me...then again, I'm not easily took...so to speak.

Jeff

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Hu

True.

I typed out a response explaining my self and then went on an "editing spree" and accidentally deleted that post.

Hopefully Rake will edit his posts and it will all disappear.

Meant to post this right after SA but it didnt.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
look....I never said you "did" get burned. I did say you "may have got burned". Lots of people have been burned by tater. You came across as one of them.

Me?....Ive never been burned by tater. Matter of fact, I'm up on tater. Not as a backer but, on the table with him. I've played him several times and have lost but a few times. Having said that, we normally play cheap. I'm almost certain that the most tater and I have ever played for is ~$200 a set...9 and 10 ball in sets to 9 or 11. We have always played even and always at bumpers in birmingham or huntsville.

Jason..., I have NEVER ONCE had a problem with tater. He has always had the money to pay me if he lost and has always been respectful to me while playing regardless if he won or lost.

You say you love him like a son...., well, I'm not that close to him but, that dont make me a liar either. Again, you was out of line by calling me a liar.

I play David Rowell the same way but David and I have not played near as many times and we play for $50 a set.

Point being, tater is no hustler.....IMO....he cant hustle because everyone that gambles knows exactly who he is...... and....... what he can or cant do. How is that a hustle?....its not.

Besides who are you to tell me or anyone what we can think about something or someone and on top of that.........lol.........call someone a liar just because they happen to believe something you dont. Again, Jason, you was out of line.

Now, I never said he has not done underhanded things. Thats not my place to say. I dont want to be judged so, I try not to judge people unless I am put in a position where I am forced to.

I was good with you until you called me a liar. Why would you call me a liar over something that you cannot prove or disprove? It makes no sense.

Its like calling me a liar if I say I like chocolate. LOL...how do you know what I like? Well, the same is true with what I've experienced with tater. How do you know what I've experienced with someone else? You dont.

Jason, if you cant be a gentleman, I had rather you move past my post from this point forward sir and I will show you the same respect.

I'm not a keyboard tough guy so, I really dont see any point in going any further.
I watched JoJo Cole beat Tater in a high stakes match in Bham about 12 years ago.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
post timing

True.

I typed out a response explaining my self and then went on an "editing spree" and accidentally deleted that post.

Hopefully Rake will edit his posts and it will all disappear.

Meant to post this right after SA but it didnt.

I would have deleted that post rather than hitting enter if I had seen your post that hit the forum six minutes before. Timing can be funny!

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Hu

Should be a sticky

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Anyone remember when Tedder played a top woman player at the time at the DCC a few years ago, getting the 7...He's hype and running out, gets to the 7 and its straight in the corner, between the side and the corner. The cue ball is about 2 feet away. He takes a break, comes back and wham...shoots it straight into the rail lol :thud: Game over

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hu

I vaguely remember that. The car wash deal. I wasn't aware scooter had a pal.

Wasn't that the deal where went to the pool hall and wanted to gamble the sack of quarters against somebody's paper money?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone remember when Tedder played a top woman player at the time at the DCC a few years ago, getting the 7...He's hype and running out, gets to the 7 and its straight in the corner, between the side and the corner. The cue ball is about 2 feet away. He takes a break, comes back and wham...shoots it straight into the rail lol :thud: Game over

I was not there but, I had several friends that lost a good deal on that match.....hehehe...

Two of those people were very good friends. I tried my best to get them to not get in that action......

One of the losers in that deal reminds me of it EVERY TIME I say I gonna make a trip to play tater.... I always laugh and tell him, most situations are only dangerous because you are unaware.

Be aware of your surroundings and all is good. Just comes with experience I guess.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I vaguely remember that. The car wash deal. I wasn't aware scooter had a pal.

Wasn't that the deal where went to the pool hall and wanted to gamble the sack of quarters against somebody's paper money?

lol ....................