Johnny Archer vs Mike Siegel.9 Ball

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Mike Sigel was a great pool player.

Perhaps this will be a match between Johnny Archer and gangster Bugsy Siegel, two sharpshooters with very different styles.

I loved Sigel's game. Mike was a very animated player!

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great classic match between Archer and Siegel. I love Archer's tempo
in this match. Wish Archer would go back to this tempo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfz7rpVBVjQ

OMG I watched that today too. One of the best matches that I have ever seen. Talk about going down to the wire/one player getting ahead and the other storming back & ahead, then losing the lead and gaining it back etc. Fantastic shot making and safety play.

I think it lasted 1 hr 47 minutes, with both players playing relatively fast, compared to the Ralph Souquet and SVB I also watched today who both played slow as o w l s h ee t. I think Ralph is the slowest player whom I have ever seen.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Sorry Mike for spelling your last name wrong! Lol, I tried to edit the title but
it wouldn't let me!:(

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember the match, funny thing is, Johnny was actually pretty mothodical in this match for this time frame (in 92 he played at a real quick tempo). I always thought Johnny played better, when he played fast.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I remember the match, funny thing is, Johnny was actually pretty mothodical in this match for this time frame (in 92 he played at a real quick tempo). I always thought Johnny played better, when he played fast.

Agreed. I also saw Johnny play in 1992 and his tempo was faster. This match featured this rising superstar against Sigel in his prime, a unique clash indeed.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. I also saw Johnny play in 1992 and his tempo was faster. This match featured this rising superstar against Sigel in his prime, a unique clash indeed.

For a while there it seemed mike won everything he entered. I think too, the youngest to ever go into the HOF!!
he was called Captain Hook for good reason too. When it came your turn, you rarely had a clear shot!

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
This match featured this rising superstar against Sigel in his prime, a unique clash indeed.

Actually Sigel was already 40 by then, and just two years away from retirement. He still played great pool, as this match attests, but I suspect his prime was in the 80's when he won everything in sight.

This match is available on Accu-Stats, by the way, and is a fantastic match.