just a simple new SEARING box

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thank you

Phil,
Wow, what a wonderful cue!
A genuine stunner, monster keeper of a cue.
Take great pride in it, but also open it up, enjoy it, to the fullest!
That is a ball runner!
Thanks for sharing.
Will Prout

First, thanks so much to everyone for all the nice comments.

A call out to Will Prout who introduced me to "box cues".

Will made me aware of AZ. :cool: I had no idea it existed. From time to time I would call and pick WIll's brain. In one conversation he told me of his passion for box cues. I had never seen or heard of such a thing. I figured this guy really knows his stuff and has a magnificent collection, I better get on this "box thing". So there you have it, thats' my story and I'm stickin to it.

A Special thanks to you Will for getting me off the merry widows :)

My best guys,
Phil

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cue, congrats!! Could you please explain "xl192 taper"?

xl 192 taper: I will try my best, It is is what Dennis calls it. Dennis believes in wood behind wood and his standard shaft is conical. I great up playing in the 60's with a standard pro taper. 192 is the shaft/wood he selects based on hardness I think. xl is extra long. He takes his conical taper, wood behind wood which gradually gets larger moving towards the joint, and stretches it out longer. It is a hydrid so to speak with the attributes of a pro taper only it does gradually get thicker.

Dennis, if I explained it wrong correct me, but I think I got it.

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap tap tap

Phil sir yet another crown in the collection. Enjoy this gem in good health my friend. As usual Dennis, you never seize to amaze brother.
Sincerely,
Dan Z