just when you think you have seen it all!

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Saw this the other nite .(league play)The final players of team A and team B where playing.
Both where on the 8ball.The A team is winning by 5 balls before the start of the last game of that round .A team has already won.
Player from the A team banks the 8 but it wobbles infront of the whole,he then tells player b that he dont have to shoot it
and pushes into the pocket with his hand.Player A was just showing respect like most of us would do.

Player B calls unsportsman like conduct on him for pushing the ball in with his hand.The penalty for this was a 8 zero loss.Well a bunch of sh!t got started and the president of the league sided with a rule is a rule and let this person get away with it.So team A lost that round which they where winning all over a chicken sh!t call.

WTH is wrong with people? Is there a name for this type of person?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Since when is conceding a game unsportsmanlike conduct?

But when he push it in with his hand it fell under the guide line of unsportsman like conduct.And the guy had the ba!!s to call it.

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
which set of rules ??

What rules are you playing under ??

Some rules DO NOT ALLOW a concession - you must shoot every ball until the conclusion of the game

( rule notwithstanding, if this was just regular weekly play then I do agree that it was a nit move on the part of player B )

Last edited:

1ab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur." - Vince Lombardi

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a horrible way to win for team B!!!!! I would consider joining a different team if I were on that team B.

I do, however, commend the league's president for making a courageous call.

Saw this the other nite .(league play)The final players of team A and team B where playing.
Both where on the 8ball.The A team is winning by 5 balls before the start of the last game of that round .A team has already won.
Player from the A team banks the 8 but it wobbles infront of the whole,he then tells player b that he dont have to shoot it
and pushes into the pocket with his hand.Player A was just showing respect like most of us would do.

Player B calls unsportsman like conduct on him for pushing the ball in with his hand.The penalty for this was a 8 zero loss.Well a bunch of sh!t got started and the president of the league sided with a rule is a rule and let this person get away with it.So team A lost that round which they where winning all over a chicken sh!t call.

WTH is wrong with people? Is there a name for this type of person?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Was this the last round? The match is considered over once a team is mathematically eliminated. You are not required to continue playing once you have either won or lost.

Either way though, conceding a game is not unsportsmanlike, calling a foul on it as Team B did in an attempt to win by such a cheezy ruling? THAT is unsportsmanlike, it is attempting to screw with the rules and win a match by all intents and purposes you are supposed to lose.

Sometimes a league director needs to use common sense and call a duck a duck, in this case they certainly did not.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Was this the last round? The match is considered over once a team is mathematically eliminated. You are not required to continue playing once you have either won or lost.

Either way though, conceding a game is not unsportsmanlike, calling a foul on it as Team B did in an attempt to win by such a cheezy ruling? THAT is unsportsmanlike, it is attempting to screw with the rules and win a match by all intents and purposes you are supposed to lose.

Sometimes a league director needs to use common sense and call a duck a duck, in this case they certainly did not.

You play 3 rounds,1,2,3 and then you count for total balls, so you can actually win 4.I said almost this samething to the president,(Either way though, conceding a game is not unsportsmanlike, calling a foul on it as Team B did in an attempt to win by such a cheezy ruling? THAT is unsportsmanlike, it is attempting to screw with the rules and win a match by all intents and purposes you are supposed to lose.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Well it would sure help to know what rules you play by?

Thanks
randyg

walrus_3d

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know at APA nationals it's considered unsportsmanlike to concede a ball or a rack. The idea is, for instance, you break and run the first three racks in a 4 4 race, so now it's a 1 4 race, and on the fourth rack you miss the 8, your opponent runs down to the 8 and has an easy shot to finish the runout. You concede the 8 ball. Now, you're on the hill and he needs 3, all the pressure's on, and he still hasn't made an 8 ball. The point is that the psychological release of actually sinking the 8 ball is pertinent to someone's state of mind during a match, and by conceding the 8 ball you've prevented him from achieving that release.

It's thin, but it's more of an issue in the early racks. Later in the match it's a complete dickhead move to call that unsportsmanlike conduct. Now, what you could argue is that he can concede the 8 and give his opponent the option to shoot it anyway, so the unsportsmanlike thing he did was dropping the 8 on his own, thus taking the option away from his opponent.

Either way, it's crap taking an 0-8 loss on a shady sportsmanship ruling.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I just talked with the person about there rules.They play by the vnea rules,they have also made up some of there own rules which they called the acme rules.This ruling fell under the acme rules.
Anybody care to call them up and help them out with rules?i have there number.THEY NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this was considered unsportsman like conduct why wasn't a warning issued? Obviously the guy wasn't trying to screw with his opponent by using his hand to knock in the 8.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just talked with the person about there rules.They play by the vnea rules,they have also made up some of there own rules which they called the acme rules.This ruling fell under the acme rules.
Anybody care to call them up and help them out with rules?i have there number.THEY NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP.
The last time I looked at the VNEA rules, they were pretty bad. I wonder what kind of "improvements" the local people made. "You always have to try for a shot," maybe?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I just got a headache reading the OP. I'd never play in that league again, ever. EVEEEER.

The moment "A" won, he could have just kept giving "B" ball in hand until the game was over. Unreal.

I need to take some excedrin...brb.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I say you challenge the jerk a race to 5 for $1000.... Win the cash... Kick him square in the balls and take his girl. There is no other way around it :angry:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought the incident luxury brought up a while back was the most idiotic rule i ever heard of but this one takes the cake.

she mentioned her bcapl league where the opposing team only needed 1 point to win the match. the captain told the player to hit the opponents ball 1st knocking his ball in that was hanging in front of pocket.

these crazy rules that yall bring up on here make me glad i am in apa and napa.

hearing yalls problems makes it easy for me to fade the slop shots i deal with from my opponents although i have to say most of the slop i see is from 3s or less.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a headache reading the OP. I'd never play in that league again, ever. EVEEEER.

The moment "A" won, he could have just kept giving "B" ball in hand until the game was over. Unreal.

I need to take some excedrin...brb.

I feel exactly the same way! Where's the Tylenol?

sticktigerx314

I agree 1000 percent with the guy about kicking him in the nuts! I wish our team could play the assholes team, theyd find out what a beating is. Of course we don,t they are in the easy division. It's just more from our inept president letting our inept ****ed up secretary make ****ed up rules, and calls. I wish we lived 50 miles to the south, we could play some real competition on some good equipment. oh well, we are stuck in this shithole league. But a kick in the nuts, is definately in order, the only problem with that is, HE DON'T HAVE ANY! Oh, by the way , your 314 shoots great! See you tomorow nite. K.S.