Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve Miserrak dominated the pool world when he was winning his world championships, and he WON a lot of them....all the while working full time as a school teacher, so don't give no excuses about why todays pool players have it so hard because they need a welfare system to support them while they gamble to get better!!!!

How many players from foreign countries played in the tournaments that Mizerak won?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
That's plain ass bullshit! NOTHING is stopping ANY American player from improving their skills....except practicing and training NOT to lose! If SVB can do it, WHAT'S stopping 10 other players from doing the same damn thing?????

Agree 100%
Jason

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that because there isn't enough prize money to be won, or they don't compete at a high enough level to keep winning prize money?

When everyone playing in the tournament is a world beater it isn't always easy to cash and even if a player does it doesn't necessarily even cover the nut.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Tell me something, why don't we have 10 more American players playing at SVB"S level...

I know I shouldn't feed the troll but here goes.
Tell ME something, why doesn't THE ENTIRE WORLD have 10 players playing at SVB's level?
It's matchup like JB's that will make the players better.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Tell ME something, why doesn't THE ENTIRE WORLD have 10 players playing at SVB's level?

So, the gamblers are also the most tournament winners as well?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

When has America ever produced a teenage world champion pool player?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
When everyone playing in the tournament is a world beater it isn't always easy to cash and even if a player does it doesn't necessarily even cover the nut.

Not every player in the tournaments are world beaters, but they do however always seem to come out on top and take the cash. Maybe you should reevaluate who you consider to be the world beaters!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Name as many U.S. players you can that make a living playing pool.

I guess you haven't noticed but American sports are ALL slowly being taken over by non-Americans all the time, why is that? Is our talent pool for all sports going down the drain that far, or could it be that we just expect to be able to compete in ALL sports because we're.....Americans?!!!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I any MANY other viewers want to watch alternating serves, I'd rather watch tennis or ping pong. Running racks is pool, and has ALWAYS been pool, may the better player run the most in a row!!! People enjoy watching that, not the bullshit pool has turned into!!!

With no alternating break and the amount of racks a LOT of the top players can run solidifies the point that anyone can win and anyone can lose - at any point in any tournament.

And just for your infor.information, there was more people seated watching pool tournaments 30+ years ago than there is today!!!

I would say there were more people watching pool tournaments in person 30 years ago but I bet more people are watching them today. I grew up in the midwest and we didn't get big pool tournaments, I now live in the PNW and we don't get them here either, but I watch WAY more pool than I ever used to.

Agreed.

Very valid point. SVB is not the rule, he's the exception.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you haven't noticed but American sports are ALL slowly being taken over by non-Americans all the time, why is that? Is our talent pool for all sports going down the drain that far, or could it be that we just expect to be able to compete in ALL sports because we're.....Americans?!!!

Have you seen the amount of kids at soccer games these days? At least we're taking over that sport :D

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe the reality is SVB is the only American Pro player that stands a chance in the US Open anymore!

Glenn,

You're in the wrong thread. This is about JB challenging anybody for minimum 10k. Looks like Shane has taken him up on the challenge. They are to play August 1st.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
With no alternating break and the amount of racks a LOT of the top players can run solidifies the point that anyone can win and anyone can lose - at any point in any tournament.

I would say there were more people watching pool tournaments in person 30 years ago but I bet more people are watching them today. I grew up in the midwest and we didn't get big pool tournaments, I now live in the PNW and we don't get them here either, but I watch WAY more pool than I ever used to.

Agreed.

Very valid point. SVB is not the rule, he's the exception.

Did ONE single player in the US Open run an 11 pack as of yet???? Because if not, then EVERY player has had a chance to put as many runs together as they can. What's the highest amount of runs so far during this event? I call bullshit that players are running out over their opponents to win!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Have you seen the amount of kids at soccer games these days? At least we're taking over that sport :D

Have you seen the amount of kids playing soccer around the world, even in 3rd world countries? But yes, more and more kids are being introduced to soccer and little league baseball, but after they grow up, then they drop off for the most part....why?

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Did ONE single player in the US Open run an 11 pack as of yet???? Because if not, then EVERY player has had a chance to put as many runs together as they can. What's the highest amount of runs so far during this event? I call bullshit that players are running out over their opponents to win!!

Wasn't SVB down 0-3 to Dennis Hatch, before going on to win 11-3?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not sure, haven't had time to watch it; however, getting the break allows the player to control the table, whether they get an 11 pack or not.

Have you seen the amount of kids playing soccer around the world, even in 3rd world countries? But yes, more and more kids are being introduced to soccer and little league baseball, but after they grow up, then they drop off for the most part....why?

Yes, I have, but that's where they're at, instead of playing pool.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not sure, haven't had time to watch it; however, getting the break allows the player to control the table, whether they get an 11 pack or not.

Yes, I have, but that's where they're at, instead of playing pool.

If players are allowed to run 200 and out in 14.1, why should they have to give up the break in 9b, 10b, or 8b if they haven't missed?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

shaw had like 8 break and runs against corey, filler shut shaw out from like 0-3, svb did the same to hatch, aranas - hohmann had lots of runs from both players

are you saying these guys can't run racks? it has been an amazing display, on diamond tables with fast cloth and 9-ball on the spot, i don't think we can expect more