Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I don’t know, I don’t feel like it necessarily should be won by an American just because it’s the “US” open. It would be nice because several of my favorite players are Americans (Deuel & Bergman lol...) I feel like skyler or billy thorpe could win it in the next few years, Shane still plays pretty good too.

Pool really is different around the world and I will agree plenty of the Asian players seem to be better at tournament style...but that isn’t the be all end all of pool. Just another aspect of an awesome game.

The quality of play went up when the first foreign-born player won it in 1994.
His name is Efren Reyes.

poolpimp13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are more world beaters today.
Earl has even admitted that.
What were the field when Sigel won his USO?
64 players?
When Shane won his last two, he had to beat WORLD champions on the way to the finals.
When he beat Dennis, Dennis shot some. 930+ .
.930+ would have been good enough to win most USO finals.
were they at you may have alot more average pros today but other than Shane you have no dominant American players in the 80s an 90s you had sigel hall Strickland archer all world champions not one American player today is better than them in there' prime.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
were they at you may have alot more average pros today but other than Shane you have no dominant American players in the 80s an 90s you had sigel hall Strickland archer all world champions not one American player today is better than them in there' prime.

Then Europe and Asia caught up.
Parica and Efren showed up in the late 80's.
By 1994, Efren went to the finals 4 years in a row .

Earl and Sigel were not better than Shane.
Please .
Earl's and Sigel's USO titles pales in comparison to Shane.
Shane had to beat multiple world champions just to get to the final day.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't hear anything so i assume everyone at the US Open was petrified to play Justin for 10K? Too strong, too strong!

Oh wait- It has to be at Club Billiards in Wichita. Not fair he is a 100% lock there.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I didn't hear anything so i assume everyone at the US Open was petrified to play Justin for 10K? Too strong, too strong!

Oh wait- It has to be at Club Billiards in Wichita. Not fair he is a 100% lock there.

You do realize that most top players DONT gamble playing pool....right?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking up the Fargo top 15 players, I've seen them all gamble except Wu, Gorst and little Ko.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking up the Fargo top 15 players, I've seen them all gamble except Wu, Gorst and little Ko.

Little Ko gambles for sure and id bet Wu has also- We are dealing with a very "special" person who makes up his own facts.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So are YOU claiming most top players gamble?

At least 14 out of the top 15 by Fargo rate and 3 out of the final 4 in the US Open. Perhaps Wu no longer gambles because he is now in Communist China.

Give it up will ya. 99% of the top Filinos gamble and the same for Taiwan. Shane gambles, Shaw, on and on.

I am no longer going to debate with you because you think everything you post is 100% right no matter what evidence you are presented with. You would make a good cartoon Ostrich.

If you were to say something sensible like -"It is not necessary to gamble to become a top player" I would agree with you but that isn't your style. You feast on BS!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
At least 14 out of the top 15 by Fargo rate and 3 out of the final 4 in the US Open. Perhaps Wu no longer gambles because he is now in Communist China.

Give it up will ya. 99% of the top Filinos gamble and the same for Taiwan. Shane gambles, Shaw, on and on.

I am no longer going to debate with you because you think everything you post is 100% right no matter what evidence you are presented with. You would make a good cartoon Ostrich.

If you were to say something sensible like -"It is not necessary to gamble to become a top player" I would agree with you but that isn't your style. You feast on BS!
Just answer the question, how many of the final 16 open player gamble??

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do realize that most top players DONT gamble playing pool....right?

I've been thinking about this. It's not that the top players can't win tournaments because they gamble - it's because the type of person that gambles is less likely to put the amount of practice time in to win top tournaments. They are looking for the thrill of the moment and let's face it - that's hard to find when practicing.

Think of it this way - a girl named Shaniqua is not going to commit crimes simply because her name is Shaniqua. But a girl raised by parents who are willing to name their child Shaniqua is more likely to commit crimes.

Read the book/watch the movie Freakonomics.