Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

poolpimp13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When everyone playing in the tournament is a world beater it isn't always easy to cash and even if a player does it doesn't necessarily even cover the nut.
Not everybody is world beaters. People want to talk about how much better players are today in reality they were just as many good players then versus today in there prime earl Johnny efren bustmonite could beat any of today's players archer is the last American to win a world title as dominant as Shane is he has no world title.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
shaw had like 8 break and runs against corey, filler shut shaw out from like 0-3, svb did the same to hatch, aranas - hohmann had lots of runs from both players

are you saying these guys can't run racks? it has been an amazing display, on diamond tables with fast cloth and 9-ball on the spot, i don't think we can expect more

I watch Filler play Shaw, he didn't shut Shaw out to win, Shaw helped Filler by missing to many times, AND, even Filler missed a 3 ball in the side pocket to LET Shaw win another game....so Filler DIDN'T win 11-3....it was 11-4 and it wasn't 11 straight games....you people see what you want to see!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not everybody is world beaters. People want to talk about how much better players are today in reality they were just as many good players then versus today in there prime earl Johnny efren bustmonite could beat any of today's players archer is the last American to win a world title as dominant as Shane is he has no world title.

I don't know why it is that the American viewers see the game played so much differently than the rest of the world sees it watching the same matches being played!!!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch Filler play Shaw, he didn't shut Shaw out to win, Shaw helped Filler by missing to many times, AND, even Filler missed a 3 ball in the side pocket to LET Shaw win another game....so Filler DIDN'T win 11-3....it was 11-4 and it wasn't 11 straight games....you people see what you want to see!!

lol, everytime he came to the table he was hooked. that tends to lead to misses. if you don't think that match is an example of being shut out, you know nothing about pool

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

There are more world beaters today.
Earl has even admitted that.
What were the field when Sigel won his USO?
64 players?
When Shane won his last two, he had to beat WORLD champions on the way to the finals.
When he beat Dennis, Dennis shot some. 930+ .
.930+ would have been good enough to win most USO finals.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why it is that the American viewers see the game played so much differently than the rest of the world sees it watching the same matches being played!!!

Or-Just maybe- It's YOU who sees the game different than the rest of the world.:eek:

Could be adhesive fumes...Better check the MSDS:thumbup:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If players are allowed to run 200 and out in 14.1, why should they have to give up the break in 9b, 10b, or 8b if they haven't missed?

Apples and Oranges, you decide which one is which. Why do you even put socks on in the morning, they're only going to get dirty and stinky. Hell, why even get out of bed, you're just going to go back to bed?

I think it is you that is seeing the game differently today.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Apples and Oranges, you decide which one is which. Why do you even put socks on in the morning, they're only going to get dirty and stinky. Hell, why even get out of bed, you're just going to go back to bed?

Maybe you look at pool on a Professional, like it should be handicapped like the pool leagues are, trying to make it so ANYONE can win, so the weaksr players won't just give up and quit because they don't stand a chance in hell of winning playing even up, real rules 9b!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You're so right, without stop and take turns breaking....how would ANY American pool player stand a chance at winning, so you're right, without handicaps to carry the US players....why even play.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
lol, everytime he came to the table he was hooked. that tends to lead to misses. if you don't think that match is an example of being shut out, you know nothing about pool

So, are you saying Shaw never had a chance to play? If so, how did he win 4 games? And hasn't Shaw himself beaten players to the point that they didn't even win a single game???? Where was THAT firepower from Shaw when he was playing Filler?????.??

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Maybe he sees like it Buddy Hall who OPENLY supported alternate breaks.
He said he'd like to see both players shoot.
Rempe then said he'd rather see high-runs.

Apples and Oranges.

Arguing in THE WRONG THREAD sure looks great .

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I guess you haven't noticed but American sports are ALL slowly being taken over by non-Americans all the time, why is that? Is our talent pool for all sports going down the drain that far, or could it be that we just expect to be able to compete in ALL sports because we're.....Americans?!!!

...wth is going on with you? I’ve been reading the last few pages here just dumbfounded by all the random craziness spewing forth. Did you loose a bunch of money betting on American players or something?

You seem to think the American players should be chopping through everyone else, but they didn’t because they gamble too much? And now they themselves think they should be chopping through everyone because their Americans.

Pool is a tough game, subject to many variables...many. And in tournaments anything can happen. The American players are all from one country, then the whole rest of the world sent their best here to play, some have won and some lost...the tourney goes on. No Americans left now but so what...we can’t win them all.

Winner break is the way though :thumbup2:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...wth is going on with you? I’ve been reading the last few pages here just dumbfounded by all the random craziness spewing forth. Did you loose a bunch of money betting on American players or something?

You seem to think the American players should be chopping through everyone else, but they didn’t because they gamble too much? And now they themselves think they should be chopping through everyone because their Americans.

Pool is a tough game, subject to many variables...many. And in tournaments anything can happen. The American players are all from one country, then the whole rest of the world sent their best here to play, some have won and some lost...the tourney goes on. No Americans left now but so what...we can’t win them all.

True and as I said yrs ago to those wanting a tour with big money, be careful what you wish for unless you love watching Asian's and Euro's winning ,
I will add Match room is loving it put 2 Americans in a final streaming numbers would be dismal , put a Chinese player in the final that streaming number is going to set a pool streaming record I believe

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

What's the odds against the US Open 9b ever being won by an American player now, maybe never again????

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
What's the odds against the US Open 9b ever being won by an American player now, maybe never again????

I don’t know, I don’t feel like it necessarily should be won by an American just because it’s the “US” open. It would be nice because several of my favorite players are Americans (Deuel & Bergman lol...) I feel like skyler or billy thorpe could win it in the next few years, Shane still plays pretty good too.

Pool really is different around the world and I will agree plenty of the Asian players seem to be better at tournament style...but that isn’t the be all end all of pool. Just another aspect of an awesome game.