Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have learned to never judge people based on their posts online. I couldn't stand John Barton because of his rants here and on FB but he is actually a nice guy in person. We hung out for awhile and even played some one pocket. Glen has a good reputation as far as tables so his thoughts on a forum shouldn't be considered when needing a job done.

Glenn actually set my table up when I bought it new, Xmas 2007. He did a great job...
But all that garbage doesn't belong in this thread.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This challenge reminds me maybe 10 years ago Larry Nevel made a challenge (I think on here) to play any American an ahead set of 9/10 ball for I think 5k. Archer accepted, went to his room, and took his money.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This challenge reminds me maybe 10 years ago Larry Nevel made a challenge (I think on here) to play any American an ahead set of 9/10 ball for I think 5k. Archer accepted, went to his room, and took his money.

Justin Hall too on FB to play 1p. Alex came to town and gave him weight playing 10 ahead.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's stupid to make a claim that if I can't beat the best players in the world playing pool, then I shouldn't have an opinion about the effects of gambling on their skills in tournament play. Meaning I can make the same challenge to any top pool player as well, JB as well, does anyone want to bet $10,000 to see who can work on pool tables better than I can.....its just plain ass stupid, one has nothing to do with the other!

I don't have to be one of the top players in the world to see why a player missed a shot. Gambling allows a player to play ONE other player at a time, and learn everything about the other players skills at the same time.

Tournament play does NOT allow a player that luxury, and every player has to be treated with the respect that they can beat you, so focus, attention, and playing NOT to miss that shot you might be able to come back from while gambling. You don't know if that missed shot in a tournament might just be the one that puts you out!!!

The lack of a real tour and the lack of pool clubs that promote excellence are the real reason pool is weakening in the US. Gambling is irrelevant. If pool was more lucrative we would see a lot more talent here.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The lack of a real tour and the lack of pool clubs that promote excellence are the real reason pool is weakening in the US. Gambling is irrelevant. If pool was more lucrative we would see a lot more talent here.

And I DO have to agree with you on that!

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Filler stayed in Gambling Action at the Derby the last two years playing numerous money matches Banks,10 Ball and 9 Ball playing some of the world best players.

Now he is the current US Open 9 Ball and World 9 Ball Champion :eek:

PhotoFunia-1556330044.jpg

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Not sure why she's making fists in both pics...

Awesome tournament showing though for sure.
Great playing, and congrats to the champ.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I DO have to agree with you on that!
Ya but that lucrative needs to be ten fold of what it is who whould it inspire little John 5'6 can't run can't throw can't dribble or hit a golf ball and has no esports skills on his I pad because that's about what your left with
Anyone who believes that there isn't a big number of players playing other sports that couldn't be top level pool players in this country is delusional,

Last edited:

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya but that lucrative needs to be ten fold of what it is who whould it inspire little John 5'6 can't run can't throw can't dribble or hit a golf ball and has no esports skills on his I pad because that's about what your left with
Anyone who believes that there isn't a big number of players playing other sports that couldn't be top level pool players in this country is delusional,

I agree. Hand and eye coordination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why some people think gambling has hurt the game, if anything it's helped it survive through the years. Look what The Hustler and TCOM did,damn near saved pool according to some historians. IMHO tuxedos tourneys and golf claps damn near killed the game. As far as the final 16 players and who gambles, both Wu and Filler gamble, Wu since he was a young teenager.

Last edited:

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
I don't think a neutral racker will save him here. He had to know that Shane would call him out on this challenge. Shane's "The Man" until he's not "The Man" anymore, and that day has yet to come.

Perhaps that day is now... That is the point after all, is it not?
Is Shane the favorite? Of course he is, but every champion is always the favorite until he got beat. That's the very nature of it,.... the best is the best until some becomes better....

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Perhaps that day is now... That is the point after all, is it not?
Is Shane the favorite? Of course he is, but every champion is always the favorite until he got beat. That's the very nature of it,.... the best is the best until some becomes better....

Archer beat Shane in races to 25, 2 out of 3 sets, but the total in the end was still 57-57. In a race to 100, there would be no question who the better player is.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Joey. Oscar posted about it years ago. This is first time I have heard about them playing outside of a tournament since then. CJL was up 21-4 yesterday at the first break. Then SVB finished the day down 25-11. They are both near the top.

I would like to see someone step up to play Wu but I doubt that will ever happen. Who knows if he is even in the United States any longer.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I thought that was DO :thumbup:.
IMO he is the man to beat for cash.

DO wouldn't play SVB now for the cash, I think.

CJL would not have problems getting a stake horse to play anyone in long sets and lots of cash.
Not even against Dennis or Filler .