Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I reread the post. Nowhere does he say he will play anyone 'even' .
He says ' I will make a game' with anyone. You really think he can play Shane
or Chua or Biado or any of the top players even ?

He didn't say pocket billiards either, he just said 9 ball which could be some form of bowling for all we know.....

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said, he is offering to 'make a game', not play everyone even.
Justin offered to play J-Shaw even again

You don't really think he's asking for a spot from anybody here do you lol

You might think he needs a spot from some players and that fine if that's your opinion

Capturea.PNG
Captureb.PNG

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck
We'll see if a top player takes him up on it.
If its Chua or Biado, I'll bet with you . I'll take the pinoy side.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shane not jumping at the chance to play lol

Does that look like Justin's asking for any kind of a spot to you ?

Capturec.PNG

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck
We'll see if a top player takes him up on it.
If its Chua or Biado, I'll bet with you . I'll take the pinoy side.

Clay - you're getting too feisty! Quit showing all of those cards. Slow it down a bit... and play it a little dumber. Sheesh! ;)

Seriously, Justin has a big heart. I've only seen him play in person once but he gave a decent player a big spot at one pocket and he just shows up and plays and no whining or complaining. It was cool to see him play in person and chat with him briefly.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
You still have to run the balls to win.

-don
The best race car driver in the world still has to run the same amount of laps as everyone else...throw it up so the wing ball goes everytime and see what happens, Justin ain’t the only one who’s gonna make it. Wimpy was down 58-8 giving a guy 40 on the wire to 100 and ran 92 and out. Who don’t wanna see a guy string 20 racks together. Anyone can knock anything but until it’s their money on the line it don’t matter if the breaker gets to horsewhip his opponent between racks.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's plenty of players that flies cross country to play in a top prize 10K tournament.

SBE is 10K. Turning Stone is 8-10K.

This the room own might take care of flight expenses and lodging. Sometimes money added as well.

Shane just went to Romania to play in a top prize 3K euro event. Made it into the top8 I believe.

Well, Shane was going to Europe for the World Pool Master next week. And I’m pretty sure he got some appearance fee or other consideration from either the event or his sponsors.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not saying hes not a good player because he is. The 'heart' aspect is another
matter. It doesn't take 'heart' to bet other peoples money IMO.
Shane is out of the country I believe plus they are friends.
Pinoys are not coming for 10k. Maybe for 50k+ , unless they are here now.
James 'DoDong' is here in Va. That would be up to Roy.
That would be a great match....even.
Good luck

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Say the list is 5 people who are interested in that game (the way it is)

Put the 9 on the spot, and how many players does that jump to 20-50
or alternate break.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, Shane was going to Europe for the World Pool Master next week. And I’m pretty sure he got some appearance fee or other consideration from either the event or his sponsors.

Shane was in Bucharest the past several days for the Mezz event. Perhaps he'll wend is way from there to Gibraltar.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was in Bucharest the past several days for the Mezz event. Perhaps he'll wend is way from there to Gibraltar.

That was my point. The suggestion was that Shane “went to Bucharest”!for a 3,000 Euro event - which would be confusing if one thought he flew there for that one event. My point was that he was going to the WPM so this was sort of on the way. I think he played one or two eurotour events last year either before or after the WPM.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree. There are just too many things missing from that post to say it has to be an even race. What's the race? What's the money? (Yes, I know it's 10K MINIMUM), there are lots of details that need to be worked out, spot is one of them I bet.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The deal here is Justin's backer for this, the owner of Club Billiards wants to get some big action with top players at HIS pool room, and he's willing to put up big cash to make it happen.

Same guy just staked Alex Olinger for 20k over the weekend vs Shane Winters

Club Billiards great old school pool room.

View attachment 516171

That makes sense. I'm guessing he sells food and drinks?

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this really an issue???

Templates are an abomination on pool ! Never gambled with one and never will !
I came up in the 60's and 70's, rack-em up and get to gamblin !
Pro pool has become a primadonna sport. Clean a ball during a game ? You would be laughed out of town ! Ask for 'new balls' ? Take a hike ! Grab a cue, post up, and gamble !

PRIMADONNA??? WHats wrong with the template?? for two years players wined and cried and got into fights because not all the balls were touch, you gave me a bad rack, the slug and now its...,

The balls are to tight and its to easy to make a ball on the break???

PRIMADONNA!!

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PRIMADONNA??? WHats wrong with the template?? for two years players wined and cried and got into fights because not all the balls were touch, you gave me a bad rack, the slug and now its...,

The balls are to tight and its to easy to make a ball on the break???

PRIMADONNA!!

I was referring to things like : Cleaning a ball during a game, asking for new balls in the middle of a race, etc. No mater what you do about the rack, they will find a way to
defeat a template . These guys are good. 9 ball at the top level has always come down
to the break. Not just the last 2 yrs, but forever. I played in the 60's , 70's 90's 20xx. The best breaker usually won. Nothing has changed except the 'pros' want everything 'perfect. All we wanted was a table, balls, and a player who would gamble.
Today its tough action by appointment only...ohh, and with stake horses !

Last edited:

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Always the voice of reason. What up, Don?

Hi Dave,

Hope you are doing great. We are good here. I haven't played a ton of pool the last couple of years, just some funsie one pocket on Saturdays. Been spending most of my free time traveling to stand in the water and not catch fish with a fly rod. :thumbup::thumbup:

Take Care
-don

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got it.

I was referring to things like : Cleaning a ball during a game, asking for new balls in the middle of a race, etc. No mater what you do about the rack, they will find a way to
defeat a template . These guys are good. 9 ball at the top level has always come down
to the break. Not just the last 2 yrs, but forever. I played in the 60's , 70's 90's 20xx. The best breaker usually won. Nothing has changed except the 'pros' want everything 'perfect. All we wanted was a table, balls, and a player who would gamble.
Today its tough action by appointment only...ohh, and with stake horses !

Your right, it does seem to take way more to make a game than it use to.