Justin "The Putz" Bergman

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appropriate or not

I think the poster is entitled to his opinion who the heck can stop that, but calling a player a Putz in his post title isn't warranted. No one here will think " hey this guy is cool and he's right". It doesn't come off as an opinion from someone who appreciates the game and players abilities, simply put its rude. Not justified as a banning offense as I see it, you post offensive things and call people names be prepared for opposite type of rhetoric it will indeed bring. Methodical play is another obstacle players face to win.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Methodical play is another obstacle players face to win.

We don't stand to win, though.

We just get to watch him look where the balls goes. Again. and again. And where to hit the ball. Wait is the pocket still there? Where is it going? Whats the temp like at the other side of the table? Is this cue loosening up in my hands? Three warm up strokes. Time to shoot the ball. But which ball was I going to shoot? Oh yeah this one, which pocket again? Oh yeah that one, lets find where to hit it. Etc

MuchoBurrito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Methodical play is another obstacle players face to win.

Do you mean that the player who plays methodically creates his own obstacle to winning by being methodical? Or that for opponent players, it's an obstacle to winning?

I disagree with the former, agree with the latter.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Let the ban hammer come crashing down!

Not sure a Oct 2016 member should be feeling so arrogant as to dictate board policy/direction on a person who has been a member of AZB since almost the beginning....

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin said in the interview before the match with Danny that he doesn't play much one pocket and it is not really his best game so i think he struggles at times trying to determine his best option to shoot.

Although some people might not like to watch his style, there is no denying it works well for him he's one hell of a player he plays all games jam up on all tables.

GO USA
Capture.JPG

Carolina_Giant

Perfection=Serenity
Silver Member
I will NEVER watch Justin Bergman on live stream again. His style of play is intentionally and maliciously spectator unfriendly. Somebody needs to tell him to get his arrogant head out of his ass.

While understanding you are emotionally unhappy right now, could you provide some concrete examples that can be verified?

Also, the use of the term putz to classify a person's behavioral style, while perhaps personally satisfying, does very little to encourage a discussion. Thirdly, what did this post add to the world of pool? I'm grateful you wanted to share your opinion with all of us, and if this is an issue we can all address (though I think Justin should definitely be part of the conversation as you say), then I'm all for it. If it is just to complain without offering a SMART solution (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely), then all I can say is duly noted, thank you for your input, and move on. Doesn't do a lot to solve the problem.

Just a few observations

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super nice guy, and it really shows your character creating a thread to knock him.

I know I can't wait to watch his next TV match. It's this thing called Mosconi Cup and I'm really looking forward to it.

I don't have anything against Justin but the challenge for a guy like him who is so methodical is the shot clock in the Mosconi Cup.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't have anything against Justin but the challenge for a guy like him who is so methodical is the shot clock in the Mosconi Cup.

Strangely enough, Al....Souquet has a similar style to Bergman....
...and he plays well with a shot clock.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do I enjoy watching a faster player, such as Scott Frost, that knows and sees the best shot very quickly -- yes. When I bought the stream I knew going in that Justin is a methodical player. The thing is, he plays slow and leaves nothing to chance -- but if you are watching -- he has the skills to back up his methodical play.

Meaning, he meticulously identifies what he believes is the best shot -- and more often than not -- he delivers the exact stroke to execute the shot chosen. That is why I cut certain players slack for playing slower than others, because they aren't just doing it to showboat or to get attention.

I agree with this if a player is playing meticulously he is most likely methodical in nature and going thru the process of thoughts the only way he knows how. It's like watching him play but knowing his stream of thoughts because he literally goes thru it physically on the table lol but again because he follows thru n executes the broken down process it's pretty easy to watch

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Exact type of posts the Pro's love to hear about, and then avoid AZB at all costs. So, you don't like his play, so the fug what? IF I could play as well as him, I'd play even slower while wearing a thong ;)

Last edited:

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will NEVER watch Justin Bergman on live stream again. His style of play is intentionally and maliciously spectator unfriendly. Somebody needs to tell him to get his arrogant head out of his ass.

I rarely post but feel inclined to do so now. Delaware...you are an ignorant ass.
Justin Bergman is probably the second best American pool player. SVB, then Bergman. Anybody can come to StL and get played. Ask Jason Shaw. :thumbup:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exact type of posts the Pro's love to hear about, and then avoid AZB at all costs. So, you don't like his play, so the fug what? IF I could play as well as him, I'd play even slow while wear a thong ;)

And you'd be the reason this sport has such a low spectator count.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nothing like a well reasoned argument to sway my opinion...

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate slow play. It's annoying and completely unnecessary.

Glad to hear you speak for everyone else. The great philosopher Petty once said "you don't know what it's like...to be me". Guess you never heard that one. Not sure you are in a position to judge what is necessary for other fully grown and developed human beings...

KMRUNOUT

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear you speak for everyone else. The great philosopher Petty once said "you don't know what it's like...to be me". Guess you never heard that one. Not sure you are in a position to judge what is necessary for other fully grown and developed human beings...

KMRUNOUT

Do you think great players that are slow play great because they are slow or in spite of it?

Like I said...unnecessary.