JW fforearms

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Would you care to put that in the form of a question that actually makes sense?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would assume Bill made them as he has always been a top knotch craftsman.

wireball2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that to. But have heard his early ones were Spain blanks. Just wondering.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that to. But have heard his early ones were Spain blanks. Just wondering.
You could be right, but I would not read anything into it. Bill could make a blank as good as anyone. He could have gotten blanks from Spain for one reason or another even just to give him a little business.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where and from whom did you hear this insight?

Are you aware that this would have been during the period when Burt
was re-habbing row houses in Chicago and had no involvement in cues?

Plus, Bill had made about a zillion fronts by then.

Dale

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where and from whom did you hear this insight?

Are you aware that this would have been during the period when Burt
was re-habbing row houses in Chicago and had no involvement in cues?

Plus, Bill had made about a zillion fronts by then.

Dale

He did quit for a while around 1970 but he had I am sure a lot of stock he may have liquidated for cash. He sold his equipment but he may have retained stock that was already produced and sold it off even though he was no longer still in the business so to speak. I could see him selling his equipment but not wanting to throw in blanks he had built himself.

I guess Bill could chime in and set the story straight, but since he has been banged around on here recently I would not hold my breath. If I was him, I would never post here again.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He did quit for a while around 1970 but he had I am sure a lot of stock he may have liquidated for cash. He sold his equipment but he may have retained stock that was already produced and sold it off even though he was no longer still in the business so to speak. I could see him selling his equipment but not wanting to throw in blanks he had built himself.

I guess Bill could chime in and set the story straight, but since he has been banged around on here recently I would not hold my breath. If I was him, I would never post here again.

If I was him I would post some pictures of the cue in progress to prove everyone wrong about his intentions.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Burt said specifically he made no cues, nor cue parts during that time period.

Dale