Keith McCready coming out of retirement!

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should be an interesting matchup. Is JAM gonna have to spot Drew a blank tile? I haven't sweated a Scrabble game lately. Is there a time clock?

The pool match should be cool too.:cool:

TheThaiger

Banned
Don't make posts like this one, then:

What about this one then? Absolutely extraordinary...

You're just chalked full of issues. What is it exactly? You can't beat Sean at anything so now you're attacking a professional player and the population of AZ with a veiled homoerotic fantasy you've probably been "thinking" about for quite some time.

What is the point of you being in this thread? Fine, you hate everyone and love to argue. That has zero to do with two people who love pool matching up.

TheThaiger

Banned
Oh, so you're just a mouth piece. With all that talking you were doing about Keith backing out, being scared and all of that, I thought for sure you'd bet against him if they played. Now that its known that Keith is ready to play, now what will you have to talk about?

I dunno, the match?

:rolleyes:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should be an interesting matchup. Is JAM gonna have to spot Drew a blank tile? I haven't sweated a Scrabble game lately. Is there a time clock?

Nobody can beat me, not even President Obama, as Shane would say. ;)

punter said:
The pool match should be cool too.:cool:

I've never seen Keith so fired up. He's been hitting balls left and right, almost in a trance. When I asked him what he wanted for lunch, he wasn't interested in eating. I think he's a man on a mission.

He now has a serious game invitiation in Yankee Country, as well. It's amazing how people come out of the woodwork when they hear you're back. :D

Money talks, and B.S. walks, as they say! ;) It took a little woofing, I guess, to get Keith off the sofa. And I'm talking about Keith doing the woofing, not anybody else. He's a subject-matter expert when it comes to the pool bark. :D

Attachments

• My Two Boys.jpg
    My Two Boys.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 866
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simon Cowell says Keith has the "X Factor" in pool. :p

When Keith plays, win or lose, it will be exciting for all in attendance. :cool:

Attachments

• Keith and Simon.JPG
    Keith and Simon.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 1,515

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my favorite photos of Keith when he's having fun. :p

Attachments

• crew.jpg
    crew.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,952

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournaments with the tin cups and cash payouts are fun, but there's nothing finer than an action match with two warriors battling it out. Oh, the thrill of the victory and the agony of defeat. But it only hurts a little bit.

Money won is sweeter than money earned. :smile:

Attachments

• KeithtrophyJossAlbany.JPG
    KeithtrophyJossAlbany.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 864
  • WINNER.JPG
    WINNER.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,833

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do enjoy myself at the pool tournaments. Pool tournaments, though, are just a gathering place for an action player. Sometimes there's more money won in the games of stake at these tournaments than the tournament itself.

Playing pool on the tournament trail is expensive, but the memories that one gains are priceless. :cool:

Attachments

• 2005 Virginia State 9-Ball Championship-Richmond 047.JPG
    2005 Virginia State 9-Ball Championship-Richmond 047.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 828
  • Keith Bob Maidhoff and Allen Hopkins.JPG
    Keith Bob Maidhoff and Allen Hopkins.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 817

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most beautiful trophy in the world was up for grabs at the SBE Pro/Am, and the finals came down to Shannon and Keith. I didn't even care about the money payouts. I wanted that trophy, but Shannon wanted it more, I guess. He took it home with him. :D

The finals went down to the wire. It was a great match, which had a few hiccups along the way, but that didn't stop Shannon and Keith. They gave it their all. I wish somebody has filmed that one! :cool:

I still long for that trophy, dag nab it, Shannon. :smile:

Attachments

• Keith_McCready_&_Shannon_Daulton.jpg
    Keith_McCready_&_Shannon_Daulton.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 847

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith's Madden cue is getting a workout this weekend. Jack made this cue especially for Keith. It's got the right forward balance that Keith likes, a skinny butt, and the the professional taper on a heavier shaft. It is a weapon of mass destruction. :D

Already, though, he says he needs a new tip. Sheesh! That man goes through more tips than any player I've ever known. I think it's because he uses so much english.

I do love this cue. :smiling-heart:

Attachments

• keith cue.JPG
    keith cue.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 810
  • KM-cue1.JPG
    KM-cue1.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 907

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mark of a seasoned player is one who can play all games on any equipment. The first time I ever saw a snooker game in person was Keith getting in action. It took me a while to understand why knocking the black ball in the hole was a good thing, me being an 8-ball player, but after winning $3,000, I began to really like snooker. And I now know how many points each color ball is. :D

Whether it's a blue-dot, red-dot, or polka-dot cueball; a Brunswick, a Diamond, a Gabriel, Valley, or an Olhausen table, slow cloth or fast cloth, tight pockets or big buckets, what separates the lions from the lambs is the player that can adjust quickly in a competition setting, no matter what the equipment is.

At the Skins tournament in Atlantic City, Keith won a small chunkie on that Olhausen. Interestingly, at that time, Johnny Archer was sponsored by Olhausen, but it appeared to me that he was having trouble adjusting to the table. At this event, Niels Fejen won the big chunk of cheese, $64,000 when the dust settled. After taxes (one third taken out for foreign players) and the chop-chop with his stakehorse for entry fee ($2,000) and expenses, rumor has it that Neils pocketed $12,000 for his almighty win.

This was a fun event. I wonder why Allen and Matt quit doing the Skins.

Attachments

• 2004 Skins Billiards Championship 005.jpg
    2004 Skins Billiards Championship 005.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my favorite photos of Keith when he's having fun. :p

I believe this was at the Joss finals. I had a great time watching Keith woofing and playing the whole time with a brown bottle in hand. With Strickland in the photo, lt was funny watching him go full tilt playing Kid Delicious later on. If I remember right Kid D pulled that one off.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe this was at the Joss finals. I had a great time watching Keith woofing and playing the whole time with a brown bottle in hand. With Strickland in the photo, lt was funny watching him go full tilt playing Kid Delicious later on. If I remember right Kid D pulled that one off.

Yeah, that was the tournament. Interestingly, in this photo, Earl was getting ready to play Karen Corr in the tournament. Anybody who knows Earl is aware of what he thinks about females playing in pool tournaments. He's pretty vocal about his opinion. Knowing this, Keith started ribbing Earl about him having to playing Karen. You can see Karen in the background, stern, quiet as a church mouse.

As well, Keith and Shaun Wilkie played partners against Kid Delicious in an action set before the tournament for a nickel, with Keith and Shawn coming out on top. :smile:

That was Kid Delicious' best year. He won about three or four big tournaments. The week before this one, he won the Joss event at Snooker's. He was truly on a roll.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Yeah, that was the tournament. Interestingly, in this photo, Earl was getting ready to play Karen Corr in the tournament. Anybody who knows Earl is aware of what he thinks about females playing in pool tournaments. He's pretty vocal about his opinion. Knowing this, Keith started ribbing Earl about him having to playing Karen. You can see Karen in the background, stern, quiet as a church mouse.

As well, Keith and Shaun Wilkie played partners against Kid Delicious in an action set before the tournament for a nickel, with Keith and Shawn coming out on top. :smile:

That was Kid Delicious' best year. He won about three or four big tournaments. The week before this one, he won the Joss event at Snooker's. He was truly on a roll.

danny (kid delicious) told me about that big joss finale in maine in which he beat earl in the final.

danny said he, being the absolute opposite of earl in every conceivable way (molasses slow vs. lightning fast, neatly attired vs. rather sloppy ;) , slender vs. not so much :D , etc.) had earl on full tilt the whole way. This was one of danny's biggest wins of his career.

picture this: after the win, kid delicious gets up on top of the table to dance in celebration of his victory. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
danny (kid delicious) told me about that big joss finale in maine in which he beat earl in the final.

danny said he, being the absolute opposite of earl in every conceivable way (molasses slow vs. lightning fast, neatly attired vs. rather sloppy ;) , slender vs. not so much :D , etc.) had earl on full tilt the whole way. This was one of danny's biggest wins of his career.

picture this: after the win, kid delicious gets up on top of the table to dance in celebration of his victory. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Best part of that trip for me was going to a restaurant on a ship that was docked and eating lobster. Oh, my! :cool:

Here's me standing out front of the event, taking a smoke break. :embarrassed2:

I've got several funny stores about that tournament, but they're in Keith's book. :p

There is a photo of Kid doing that, and I can't find it. :frown:

Attachments

• P6036554.jpg
    P6036554.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 733

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a photo of a young Mike Dechaine at that Joss Tour Finale in Maine.

He sure has slimmed down since that photo was taken. :cool:

Attachments

• P6036595.jpg
    P6036595.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 745

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nobody can beat me, not even President Obama, as Shane would say. ;)

I've never seen Keith so fired up. He's been hitting balls left and right, almost in a trance. When I asked him what he wanted for lunch, he wasn't interested in eating. I think he's a man on a mission.

He now has a serious game invitiation in Yankee Country, as well. It's amazing how people come out of the woodwork when they hear you're back. :D

Money talks, and B.S. walks, as they say! ;) It took a little woofing, I guess, to get Keith off the sofa. And I'm talking about Keith doing the woofing, not anybody else. He's a subject-matter expert when it comes to the pool bark. :D

No wonder he won't get off the couch, snug as a bug in a rug, the lazy SOB! :p

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Best part of that trip for me was going to a restaurant on a ship that was docked and eating lobster. Oh, my! :cool:

Here's me standing out front of the event, taking a smoke break. :embarrassed2:

I've got several funny stores about that tournament, but they're in Keith's book. :p

There is a photo of Kid doing that, and I can't find it. :frown:

The restaurant is DeMillo's.....and yes, it's still there (last time I checked).