King the wonder dog -- long

You are being more egocentric than usual, Freddy.

First off, I enjoyed the story. But, I prefer a small dose of reality with my fairy tales.

Also, I don't wait around to pounce on anything you write -- I think this thread was up for several days, with you clearly identified as the OP and I didn't open it. I just happen to be bored, waiting for the UPS guy, and opened a couple of threads I hadn't looked at. This was one of them. Sorry to burst your bubble on that.

To reiterate: I'm sure King did everything you wrote. Honest. Now how he did all that was probably: part smarts; part tricks he'd been taught; and part Clever Hans. I don't know why an observation such as that would be such a big deal to any living adult, except Jay, who has really rolled off the deep end on this (but *that's* how Jay rolls ;-)

And thanks for the compliment on my Yiddish, my banking bubbala :-)

Lou Figueroa

All you needed to say is highlighted above...or...you could have just kept your mouth shut and let people enjoy the story.


Do you have a need to try and knock EVERYTHING???

You have a sad, sad life it looks like.
 
All you needed to say is highlighted above...or...you could have just kept your mouth shut and let people enjoy the story.


Do you have a need to try and knock EVERYTHING???

You have a sad, sad life it looks like.


The only thing sad is that you need to make up stories about people you don't know.

Sorry I didn't say exactly what you wanted, and apparently, needed.

Boo. Hoo.

Lou Figueroa
looks like Steve
is the sad one
to moi :-)
 
Last edited:
I think a few people need one of these. Group hug, everyone.
 

Attachments

  • sad-i-love-you-dog.jpg
    sad-i-love-you-dog.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 331
The only thing sad is that you need to make up stories about people you don't know.

Sorry I didn't say exactly what you wanted, and apparently, needed.

Boo. Hoo.

Lou Figueroa
looks like Steve
is the sad one
to moi :-)

You think I worry about guys like you?????? LOL LOL




I'll let you start a thread about people you think I dont know, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION.


You can show people what a liar I am.
 
You think I worry about guys like you?????? LOL LOL




I'll let you start a thread about people you think I dont know, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION.


You can show people what a liar I am.


Don't need to start another thread -- we can discuss it right here. You said:

"You have a sad, sad life it looks like."

That's what I was talking about and I think my life is pretty fine. Soooo, I'm calling you a liar, right here.

Go for it, *liar.*

Lou Figueroa
waiting with bait
on my breath
to be proven
wrong on
this one :-)
 
Don't need to start another thread -- we can discuss it right here. You said:

"You have a sad, sad life it looks like."

That's what I was talking about and I think my life is pretty fine. Soooo, I'm calling you a liar, right here.

Go for it, *liar.*

Lou Figueroa
waiting with bait
on my breath
to be proven
wrong on
this one :-)


Seriously, Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season!
 
I agree

Wow, what an amazing dog! I've had good dogs for the last 30 yrs or so and know first hand how smart and sensitive and loving they can be. Thanks for sharing sir.
And as a fellow dog owner, I'm sure that you are also well aware that any kind of sophisticated dog training is intense teamwork between the dog and the trainer. The smart dog -- the dedicated trainer -- the amazingly sensitive "clever" communication that occurs between the dog and the trainer -- the amazing ability of the dog to learn and repeat successfully so many different kinds of training feats, complete with the hustler's nuances in the case of King and Jerry. To me, I read all that and gained huge respect for both the dog and the owner; I wish I could have seen it.

In one sense, Lou is right, because it is "magical" the way a dog and a human being can work so closely together -- in the sense of being amazing and wonderful, and yes, hard to believe. Most of us here think this story is a great tribute to a very, very smart dog and a dedicated owner/trainer. Thank you, Fred & Jay for sharing the stories.
 
Did you know, ferinstance, that dogs seem to care about "fairness," and that might be a factor, or that their sense of smell might be the issue?

Please explain how the dog used fairness and sense of smell to count and determine the difference between various numbered balls.
 
Please explain how the dog used fairness and sense of smell to count and determine the difference between various numbered balls.


Why, would I answer any question from you, when you are not answering any of mine? Besides, we were talking about dogs staring and math skills, not identifying objects.

Lou Figueroa
 
Why, would I answer any question from you, when you are not answering any of mine? Besides, we were talking about dogs staring and math skills, not identifying objects.

Lou Figueroa


King probably knew more about One Pocket than you do. :rolleyes:
And he was a dog, so what's that make you?
 
from the sounds of it, King was a triple smart and no matter howthe dog accomplished his feats, there is no question that dog was special.

thanks for the stories guys. I particularly liked how King would could stall until the bet was right. Too much, ha! thats awesome
 
Loved the story. I can see how the dog could easily be trained to get pairs of balls at a time that added to 15 without any math skills. If the cashier was coached to give the incorrect change it would be easy to get the dog to stay without the dog counting the change but what a brilliant dog and owner!

My two favorite stories on here are this one and Smorg's bowling pin knock down with a deck of cards hustle.
This a
 
Have you ever added anything of a pleasurable, positive nature to this forum? I don't care how intelligent you may be you seem to be like a big dark perpetual cloud. Lighten up and enjoy! Contribute rather than tear down.

Back in the RSB day there was a poll taken on who was the biggest nit on the forum. Fast Larry came in first. Guess who came in a clear second.
 
Have you ever added anything of a pleasurable, positive nature to this forum? I don't care how intelligent you may be you seem to be like a big dark perpetual cloud. Lighten up and enjoy! Contribute rather than tear down.


ummm, trip reports, playing tips, original stories, my honest take on things pool from 40 years of playing and studying the game and shooting pool in rooms and tournaments all over the country, and stuff like that there.

So let's see what you've *contributed* in your 20 posts....










Lou Figueroa
is that a cricket
I hear?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top