KnightRider RIP

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news today. One of the legends of the UK pool scene in the 90s Steve Knight
has passed away at the age of 46. More details to follow.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry for the loss of a great champion and friend to our brethren.

May he rest in eternal piece.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve cut a swath through Florida and Hawaii back in the 90's. He wiped out some bankrolls along the way. I bet they haven't forgotten him there. :smile:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve cut a swath through Florida and Hawaii back in the 90's. He wiped out some bankrolls along the way. I bet they haven't forgotten him there. :smile:
He didn't do too bad in Ok., Kan. and Tex. either. He came thru during the CamelTour days and took off some pretty good scores. Cool guy. RIP.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad to hear. Though I didn't see him even once in the last decade or so, I knew Steve quite well.

One of the more interesting afternoons I've ever spent was watching the 2001 WPA World Nine Ball Championship final between Immonen and Souquet. Though the match took place in Cardiff, Wales, Steve and I were watching the match together on TV together in London.

Steve, it turned out, was the odds maker for major British bookmaker Stan James and had set the line on the match, which I seem to recall made Ralf about an 8/5 favorite. What came next, however, was something quite improbable. Steve was resetting the line after almost every rack so bettors could bet the match while it was in progress. I had no idea this was done at all until that day.

So long, Steve. Pleased to have known you.

As a postscript, I didn't make any bets with Steve but before the event had begun its single elimination stage, I'd gotten 14/1 on Immonen and I ended up making 280 British pounds on that event, which was worth about $400 at the time.