Krown Cues - The Truth

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Azer is “nutso” when you have unhappy customers that still do not have their cue yet, or maybe started,
well, you just refund everyone their money and start over. You don’t come on here quoting nonsense or
supposedly 11% unhappy & thousands of dollars refunded, blah blah blah. If you have a single customer
right now that you can’t deliver their cue within 6-9 months from 2/4/19 or this year (?) & they are unhappy
and want a refund, then send them their money now. In fact, anyone wanting a refund can post on this
thread and it sounds like your first one might be Matt Bates who has some useless joint protectors you made
for him. At the same time, all those satisfied 89%ers that don’t mind waiting and waiting can post and let
everyone know what a solid guy you claim to be...... talk is cheap whereas only actions count when it comes
to unhappy customers and this applies to every single cue-maker that has any dissatisfied customers in waiting.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
living on borrowed money

This Azer is “nutso” when you have unhappy customers that still do not have their cue yet, or maybe started,
well, you just refund everyone their money and start over. You don’t come on here quoting nonsense or
supposedly 11% unhappy & thousands of dollars refunded, blah blah blah. If you have a single customer
right now that you can’t deliver their cue within 6-9 months from 2/4/19 or this year (?) & they are unhappy
and want a refund, then send them their money now. In fact, anyone wanting a refund can post on this
thread and it sounds like your first one might be Matt Bates who has some useless joint protectors you made
for him. At the same time, all those satisfied 89%ers that don’t mind waiting and waiting can post and let
everyone know what a solid guy you claim to be...... talk is cheap whereas only actions count when it comes
to unhappy customers and this applies to every single cue-maker that has any dissatisfied customers in waiting.

This cue builder sounds like he has fell into the same trap many do, he is living on "borrowed money". They take bigger deposits than materials justify, even materials and labor. Then this money is spent before the cue is ready, all of it. They keep right on taking orders for more cues with deposits they need to keep operating and keep eating. They get deeper and deeper in the hole and soon they are looking at how much is left owing on each cue. Do you finish the cue with another five hundred due or do you finish the cue with another fifteen hundred due or a spec cue that is almost pure profit.

Empty mouths and bills to pay dictate the cue with the most profit left in it is built first. The "good guy" customer that put up fifty percent or more is left hanging while the cue builder builds out fast money cues to stay afloat. It isn't too long before we read posts on Azb that cue builder ABC is a scumbag! They aren't really scumbags, they are poor businessmen which amounts to much the same thing if you are on the receiving end!

Hu

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
This cue builder sounds like he has fell into the same trap many do, They aren't really scumbags, they are poor businessmen which amounts to much the same thing if you are on the receiving end!

Hu

sounds like you dont really know much about christopher walker and krown custom cues llc

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
nary a thing!

sounds like you dont really know much about christopher walker and krown custom cues llc

Indeed I don't know a thing other than what I read about this particular deal. Been reading basically the same story about one cue builder or another for the getting close to fifteen years I have been around azb. Is there something really different about this "cue builder takes money and doesn't deliver cue while building and selling other cues" that makes it different than the other forty-three stories about cue builders who are bad businessmen or fall on poor health? We get the occasional fun twist like Wheat Bucks but most of the stories are the same barring filling in a few blanks.

Hu

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Indeed I don't know a thing other than what I read about this particular deal. Been reading basically the same story about one cue builder or another for the getting close to fifteen years I have been around azb. Is there something really different about this "cue builder takes money and doesn't deliver cue while building and selling other cues" that makes it different than the other forty-three stories about cue builders who are bad businessmen or fall on poor health? We get the occasional fun twist like Wheat Bucks but most of the stories are the same barring filling in a few blanks.

Hu

yes there is

hes not in poor health
he takes money and doesnt make cue for hundreds of people, literally HUNDREDS
he makes crap that warps
he bans anyone who says 1 thing against his word from his facebook pages

all kinds of shady stuff

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300568540114537/permalink/1066433516861365/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300568540114537/permalink/656276187877102/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300568540114537/permalink/771401809697872/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1531228417160207/permalink/1780753285541051/

owing so many people this and that
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1531228417160207/permalink/1780731805543199/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1531228417160207/permalink/1866037357012643/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1531228417160207/permalink/1851378525145193/

46885788_10103051041385645_6678393993153216512_n.jpg

17362640_1445666292118549_8434469279918424525_n.jpg

Jess he got behind, made bad due dates, then had no money to refund the orders. He threatened bankruptcy and said he was quitting, but a new name/site started with the same guy. He has paid most of the people back, but all of the shade has most people on a NO-GO status.

ABSOULTELY 100% NOOOOOOOOOOO....DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS MAN

all kinds of madness with the guy

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears Krown Custom Cues is back in business and accepting new orders on the Facebook page.

Has anyone dealt with Chris recently?

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
It appears Krown Custom Cues is back in business and accepting new orders on the Facebook page.

Has anyone dealt with Chris recently?

Why on earth would anyone deal with him, recently or otherwise? Before cues he was scamming people with handyman company.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dont worry there are plenty of cue builders that will take your deposit and not send out anything. just find another.
Thanks for the chuckle! Sadly I have seen so many over the years ( here / facebook / fleabay ) that nothing surprises me anymore. Which is why I am so glad to be old and no longer interested in custom cues. I would order a Mezz from Mezz in a heartbeat and will once I sell my last remaining custom cues, face to face for cash in hand...No checks, no bitcoin, no paypal, money talks and bullshit walks.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
there are a bunch of custom makers or collectors or traders that do what they say. you can find them on here. but those that are looking to save a few hundred bucks gravitate to the scams. as you know what the old sayings are.

Reactions: JC

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there are a bunch of custom makers or collectors or traders that do what they say. you can find them on here. but those that are looking to save a few hundred bucks gravitate to the scams. as you know what the old sayings are.
Oh I agree 100%. Gus Like Tascarella, Szamboti, Lambros, Judd, Kikel and many more. I bought and ordered from Kikel and Lambros with absolute confidence and was never any problem. Seems like once a cue maker has a number of years with no issues then your safe. Most issues seem to arise with newbies and just plain sleazy ones and some of those are surprisingly established but untrustworthy nonetheless. I know one personally that I would buy a finished cue from in person but would never give him 10 cents as a deposit on a cue. He is just not a person I trust, his track record is very sketchy...

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
and if your order isnt one that he coudnt easily resell there is no reason to put a deposit down. as he can resell if you dont buy. or a very small token deposit you wont miss if you get stuck.

i do see where an expensive cue could warrant a bigger deposit. but then who would be stupid enough to buy an expensive cue from a relatively unknown or one with no good feed back.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
and if your order isnt one that he coudnt easily resell there is no reason to put a deposit down. as he can resell if you dont buy. or a very small token deposit you wont miss if you get stuck.

i do see where an expensive cue could warrant a bigger deposit. but then who would be stupid enough to buy an expensive cue from a relatively unknown or one with no good feed back.
to top it off he doesn't build a top shelf cue, his video bears out what i suspected