Lack of top women players at USBTC

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I saw the prizes for the 9- and 10-ball. Major gap from the men's.

More money, more of the ladies might go.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
It's always been that way. I would rather watch the women play than the men. Not because they are easy on the eyes but the passion and no ego's get in the way. Not saying that the men don't have the same passion but they let ego's take control.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
its $100 entry per event, I got 4th place in 1 event and 1st in one of the second chances. I broke even on entries but doesn't make up for travel and lodging expenses.

2014, that's why I am going to Olathe instead this year.

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
its $100 entry per event, I got 4th place in 1 event and 1st in one of the second chances. I broke even on entries but doesn't make up for travel and lodging expenses.

2014, that's why I am going to Olathe instead this year.

Ok, calm down.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
backwards

More ladies go, more money to win. Two way street.

What comes first in the creation of a tournament, the promotion, including prize lists, or the players signing up? Guaranteed prizes, put up my those who profit from pool, attracts players to tournaments.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What comes first in the creation of a tournament, the promotion, including prize lists, or the players signing up? Guaranteed prizes, put up by those who profit from pool, attracts players to tournaments.

"put up by those who profit from pool" lol

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very doubtful they would ever get good women's attendance. There are just not enough women who play the game that seriously. I've tried adding more money to women's fields with very limited success. Better to put the money into men's events and enlarge those fields. It makes more sense to me to offer bonus awards for the highest finishing women and just let them play in the open events.

They're doing good to get over 32 women in any tournament! No surprise they're getting 40 or so here.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Very doubtful they would ever get good women's attendance. There are just not enough women who play the game that seriously. I've tried adding more money to women's fields with very limited success. Better to put the money into men's events and enlarge those fields. It makes more sense to me to offer bonus awards for the highest finishing women and just let them play in the open events.

They're doing good to get over 32 women in any tournament! No surprise they're getting 40 or so here.

Or stop separating men and women. There is no reason for gender segregation, especially in pool.

lady9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Women do show up....

There was a women's event in Dubuque in December - 64 players. There was a women's tournament in Moline a couple weeks ago - 72 players. All had added money ($1500+), were handicapped, and had one or more calcutta. The total prize pool in Moline was over $10k.

IMO, Facebook played a big part in getting those field sizes, as they were scheduled and advertised well in advance. I didn't even know when the USBTC was this year until it was too late to make plans.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Technically, there isn't a men's division, right? It's open to all players, but the women's division is seperate, correct?