Lee Brett Vs Geno Teachers

buska95

Registered
How about Geno playing Lee Brett on the ten foot at the Derby. Say a race to a hundred. Ten Ball. Kinda a teachers battle. If Geno would play that????? I think it would be a good match. :grin-devilish::grin-devilish:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
How about Geno playing Lee Brett on the ten foot at the Derby. Say a race to a hundred. Ten Ball. Kinda a teachers battle. If Geno would play that????? I think it would be a good match. :grin-devilish::grin-devilish:

Race to 100? Never happen. Johnnyt

buska95

Registered
Its been done on TAR 33 games 33 games 34 games win in three sessions and three races split that way doesnt take " Forever" What was the format Geno just did with Chris Bartrum? Will Geno get up our of the chair to play a series like this for..........

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
If Geno has his oatmeal and 8 hours sleep, he wins. But if the sun sets into his hotel room's window, Lee wins. If chickens have lips, this match will go down.

Can't wait.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
how well you teach has nothing to do with how you play.....:eek:
jmho

Last edited:

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Why? There are probably at least a hundred better possible match-ups among all the players at the derby.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they play, EVER, just come to the action room or PM me. I'll bet on Gene, on any size table.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Why? There are probably at least a hundred better possible match-ups among all the players at the derby.

Yeah, but it's a lot more fun rooting for folks we actually "know" on AZB... would be a fun match .....

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not a good match for Gene. Let them play ona Valley barbox where gene was really strong for years and Lee probably has his hands full. I am a fan of both and the larger the table and longer the race the more Lee is the favorite due to Lee's youth, Gene's health issues and and stress from the passing of his Mother (my condolences) and then there is Lee's snooker background requiring disciplined precision on large equipment . Shorten the race and shorten the table (Gene was bar box monster for years up north) and play multiple sets on multiple days and Gene will have a better chance of prevailing.

I have had lessons from both and think both are good. Gene is probably more dedicated overall to improving the game of pool and is constantly sharing knowledge. He does a lot of mini lessons and flat out loves pool. I think Lee is more mercenary in his approach and would like to be a pro player, his skills are very high, but he could not quite get there playing snooker but anyone who has come close to pro snooker level is the favorite when they are 25 yrs or more younger and the table is large.

Are you trying to make this happen Buska, Are you wanting to put something up for them to shoot at perhaps you would like to throw the winner something for their time or are you just trying to stir the pot.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Yeah, but it's a lot more fun rooting for folks we actually "know" on AZB... would be a fun match .....

I get you but we already have JB vs Lou coming up. There are some great players attending that might not be able to match up any other time and place and on a 10fter to boot!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
how well you teach has nothink to do with how you play.....:eek:
jmho

I kinda agree with this....you gotta be able to play SOME....
...but a champ isn't necessarily a good teacher.

I knew a golfer that had some touring pros for pupils....
....he needed a bit of weight from me...and I did not have tour potential.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee won't be beat.

His aiming is much better...

I "aim" better than both of 'em...

now if I could just stop missing...
ack2.gif