Lessons

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou...It is well known here that you consistently denigrate the value, teaching techniques, etc. of ALL instructors (not pro players). The sad truth is that you don't know what you're talking about. You claim to 'know' the stuff the better instructors teach, but you really have no idea about how learning works, between the human mind and human body. Your rhetoric here proves that beyond a shadow of doubt.

Humans, when learning something (anything) will forget 50% of what they learn, in 24 hrs. (90% in less than a month), without a way to review the instruction (that's what the "handouts" are for. I, for one, video record the whole lesson, AND have plenty of 'handouts' to help the student plan, measure, and practice what they want to learn to do. Aren't you the guy that proclaimed that they had no pause on the backswing...and were immediately proven wrong, by someone posting video of you shooting? Yep, that was you. LOL Open minds open doors. A closed mind cannot learn anything!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Oh, good grief -- Scott, I know more about pool and instruction than you have any clue about.

I've been playing for 50 years, have taken lessons from some of the greats in our sport, have observed the lessons of some of the most highly regarded instructors in pool, and in a separate discipline traveled back and forth across the country for several years as an instructor to CEO and COO level individuals. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to good instruction and could easy rattle off dozens of statistics about human learning, memory, and assimilation.

Teach your stuff. Make money if people want to give it to you. Leave me out of it.

Lou Figueroa

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
If this was any other sport, such as Golf, Basketball, or Baseball Camp, folks would be lining up at the door and wouldn't blink an eye at paying 10 times what Earl and Karen are charging.

Because in any other sport, you make 10x what Earl and Karen made, when you ride the bench.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, good grief -- Scott, I know more about pool and instruction than you have any clue about.

I've been playing for 50 years, have taken lessons from some of the greats in our sport, have observed the lessons of some of the most highly regarded instructors in pool, and in a separate discipline traveled back and forth across the country for several years as an instructor to CEO and COO level individuals. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to good instruction and could easy rattle off dozens of statistics about human learning, memory, and assimilation.

Teach your stuff. Make money if people want to give it to you. Leave me out of it.

Lou Figueroa

You ever get to the Indiana area?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Let’s vote..... seriously can we see your instructor reviews. Are they listed somewhere on AzB or Yelps.

Attachments

• 2248F11C-17DB-49B6-A0BC-E91B424C354C.jpeg
    2248F11C-17DB-49B6-A0BC-E91B424C354C.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let’s vote..... seriously can we see your instructor reviews. Are they listed somewhere on AzB or Yelps.

LOL.

Ask Barton for a review.

Lou is always on here trying to convince us he "taught" Barton a lesson.

I think it can be found online.

You will see all their skills in the raw.

No video editing or special effects, either.

When they missed, they really missed. It wasn't part of a script or slick computer graphics.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
LOL.

Ask Barton for a review.

Lou is always on here trying to convince us he "taught" Barton a lesson.

I think it can be found online.

You will see all their skills in the raw.

No video editing or special effects, either.

When they missed, they really missed. It wasn't part of a script or slick computer graphics.

I have a strong feeling that Lou laid down a bit in that match. Because he could. Lou cashes in the DCC One Pocket division, and I frankly believe that John Barton is nowhere in his zip code.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's nothing odd about owning convertibles.
It's probably tougher on Lou since he lives up north, but for Lee in Florida it's gotta' be nice.
What's the deal with convertibles and what does that have to do with a pool contest?

Just an expression.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Brag, Brag, Brag! "I'm the best, I'm the best, I'm the best! And you're not as good as me!" You come off as very petty here Lou, trying to take down a man who is one of the hardest working and most widely acknowledged pool instructors in the game today. To his credit, he didn't bother responding to you.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brag, Brag, Brag! "I'm the best, I'm the best, I'm the best! And you're not as good as me!" You come off as very petty here Lou, trying to take down a man who is one of the hardest working and most widely acknowledged pool instructors in the game today. To his credit, he didn't bother responding to you.

Please, try reading the thread.

Lou...It is well known here that you consistently denigrate the value, teaching techniques, etc. of ALL instructors (not pro players). The sad truth is that you don't know what you're talking about. You claim to 'know' the stuff the better instructors teach, but you really have no idea about how learning works, between the human mind and human body. Your rhetoric here proves that beyond a shadow of doubt.

Humans, when learning something (anything) will forget 50% of what they learn, in 24 hrs. (90% in less than a month), without a way to review the instruction (that's what the "handouts" are for. I, for one, video record the whole lesson, AND have plenty of 'handouts' to help the student plan, measure, and practice what they want to learn to do. Aren't you the guy that proclaimed that they had no pause on the backswing...and were immediately proven wrong, by someone posting video of you shooting? Yep, that was you. LOL Open minds open doors. A closed mind cannot learn anything!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

He came at me, as if he were the only one who knew anything about instruction. So I mentioned I have a background in teaching people and asked him to leave me out of his rants. Might be a reason not to respond that has nothing to do with deserving credit.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited: