Let’s see those vintage Adam cues

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
Made for Nikki Benish when she was on the pro women's tour in 1991.

Billiard style 1/2" wood joint.

helmstetter1639.jpg

feedtheworm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adam Ambassador

Here is one of mine. It's not fancy but still pretty clean after all of these years.

Attachments

• Adam1.jpg
    Adam1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 4,918
  • Adam2.jpg
    Adam2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 5,198
  • Adam4.jpg
    Adam4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5,039

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
This picture shows the N/B-7 next to cues with normal length points. Look how short the wrap is on this cue.

100_2873.JPG

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
I posted this in the "Ask the Cuemakers" section:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=273414

I started out thinking it was an Adam, then decided it couldn't be, now after reading this and the reply I got I'm realizing it may be after all. Too bad the original shaft got destroyed....

I'd love to find out what model/series/year my stick is.

LOOKS LIKE AN ADAMS TO ME.

THE WHITE WON'T BE IVORY.

Macus

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of a kind

I tried very hard to add this to my collection, But it got away.

1 (Large).jpg

2 (Large).jpg

3 (Large).jpg

4 (Large).jpg

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOOKS LIKE AN ADAMS TO ME.

THE WHITE WON'T BE IVORY.

Macus

I won't shed any tears over it not being ivory. Doesn't make it shoot any better. With that crap shaft on it, it's balanced too much on the rear (long story short, the guy chopped 3" off of it and butchered the ferrule job, had to have the whole thing turned down and tapered to an 11mm to save it), and I'm hoping to find someone that has a decent quality shaft with a 5/16-18 joint so I can see how it balances then.

Even with the junk shaft and an Elk tip (really don't like that tip), it feels solid and right in my hand. I can't wait to see how it shoots with a good shaft.

So the basic estimate so far is '70s Adam. Any way to find a model number or more info?

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
I won't shed any tears over it not being ivory. Doesn't make it shoot any better. With that crap shaft on it, it's balanced too much on the rear (long story short, the guy chopped 3" off of it and butchered the ferrule job, had to have the whole thing turned down and tapered to an 11mm to save it), and I'm hoping to find someone that has a decent quality shaft with a 5/16-18 joint so I can see how it balances then.

Even with the junk shaft and an Elk tip (really don't like that tip), it feels solid and right in my hand. I can't wait to see how it shoots with a good shaft.

So the basic estimate so far is '70s Adam. Any way to find a model number or more info?

RYAN (RATCUES) COULD EASILY BUILD A GREAT PLAYING MATCHED SHAFT FOR THAT CUE FOR UNDER $100.

AS FAR AS MODEL, I'D ASK JAYMAN IF HE KNOWS. HE'S THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THESE CUES.

Marcus

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Adam built Brunswick's

These were made By Adam for Brunswick. Neither one has ever been chalked.

100_2297.JPG

100_2299.JPG

100_2300.JPG

100_2303.JPG

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. After looking closely at my stickers with a magnifying lens, my "lion sticker" did say Japan underneath. Still no idea what the far right sticker had on it. What does the N/B 11 and N/B 12 designate?

Also, were any of the early Adam cues weight adjustable?

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting. After looking closely at my stickers with a magnifying lens, my "lion sticker" did say Japan underneath. Still no idea what the far right sticker had on it. What does the N/B 11 and N/B 12 designate?

Also, were any of the early Adam cues weight adjustable?

Yes, most all of them have a weight bolt that can be changed to change the weight or balance. And yes your cue was made in the mid 1970's in Japan It is an S/T-1 Chimaera.

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, most all of them have a weight bolt that can be changed to change the weight or balance. And yes your cue was made in the mid 1970's in Japan It is an S/T-1 Chimaera.

I saw your post in my other thread, appreciate the identification. With the grin afterwards I almost thought you were pulling my leg, like I said I'm pretty new at this. But everyone said you were the Adam expert, so I took it as fact.

I pulled the bumper out of my cue and there doesn't appear to be any weights or place for them. Is there any other place to check? My Minnesota Fats had two short bolts and a long bolt under the bumper.

I'll try to post pics soon of my friend's garage sale find. He picked up a very used Adam cue at a garage sale for $2. It's gray, wrapped and has the Adam logo on the butt (but not the word "Adam"). It needs refinishing, and the slip-on tip has got to go, but he couldn't understand why I started laughing when he pulled it out of the case. He didn't know anything about the maker, just figured it was worth the money. His is lacking any kind of rubber bumper, but the end of the butt is metal if I remember correctly. Like I said, I'll try to post some detailed pics, I know he's wanting to find out more about it.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw your post in my other thread, appreciate the identification. With the grin afterwards I almost thought you were pulling my leg, like I said I'm pretty new at this. But everyone said you were the Adam expert, so I took it as fact.

I pulled the bumper out of my cue and there doesn't appear to be any weights or place for them. Is there any other place to check? My Minnesota Fats had two short bolts and a long bolt under the bumper.

I'll try to post pics soon of my friend's garage sale find. He picked up a very used Adam cue at a garage sale for $2. It's gray, wrapped and has the Adam logo on the butt (but not the word "Adam"). It needs refinishing, and the slip-on tip has got to go, but he couldn't understand why I started laughing when he pulled it out of the case. He didn't know anything about the maker, just figured it was worth the money. His is lacking any kind of rubber bumper, but the end of the butt is metal if I remember correctly. Like I said, I'll try to post some detailed pics, I know he's wanting to find out more about it.

Most of their cues had a weight bolt because they were used to keep the butt-cap attached as well. I imagine there were some exceptions.