CUE IS FOR SALE.

DSC04764.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

DSC04766.jpg

DSC04767.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found this yesterday at a sale and may have saved it from a trip to the dump :eek:

Obviously it's an AH-12, 21oz total on this one. As far as I know, it's a full-splice cue and the butt alone is 17.1oz ..it's all in the taper and joint, there's no weight bolt.

The shaft (not pictured) is chucked up in the lathe for a tip change and cleaning right now. Like the butt, it's probably as straight as the day it was new.

It's missing the bumper, and curiously there's no logo. Maybe it was refinished at one point, or the plate was replaced - not sure.

Anyway, It's really a neat cue ...if it were 3 or 4 oz. lighter, it might have become my new player :p

dscn0908-33367313.jpg

dscn0907-90305037.jpg

Holy crap!

Nice score! :thumbup:

I do love this thread.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odd. It does not look like an Adam to me...at least none that I know.

It does look like some others that I do know. Is it possible that is somebody's name on the cue and not the brand? It does not look like any of the Adam logos I am familiar with.

It looks like Lucasi, Viscotti, or Quest and other cues made by that factory. Hopefully somebody knows better or more as it is just how it looks to me and I could be way off base.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Odd. It does not look like an Adam to me...at least none that I know.

It does look like some others that I do know. Is it possible that is somebody's name on the cue and not the brand? It does not look like any of the Adam logos I am familiar with.

It looks like Lucasi, Viscotti, or Quest and other cues made by that factory. Hopefully somebody knows better or more as it is just how it looks to me and I could be way off base.

deffinatly looks like one of the first edition Lucasi cues probably badged with the Adam name after they discontinued it... the viscotti version was marked on the forearm...
also it looks the the lucasi version the points are all the same size and the viscotti version they are high and low... atleast thats the way it looks like to me..

hard to find a pic since i forgot the original model number..

sorry for the terrible pics.. but it was all i could find..

here is a pic of the lucasi version...
pool-cues-for-sale.jpg

here is a pic of the viscotti version..

8VCC.JPG

Last edited:

veregggaet

Registered
deffinatly looks like one of the first edition Lucasi cues probably badged with the Adam name after they discontinued it... the viscotti version was marked on the forearm...
also it looks the the lucasi version the points are all the same size and the viscotti version they are high and low... atleast thats the way it looks like to me..

hard to find a pic since i forgot the original model number..

sorry for the terrible pics.. but it was all i could find..

here is a pic of the lucasi version...
pool-cues-for-sale.jpg

here is a pic of the viscotti version..

8VCC.JPG
Thanks for your effort, it definitely looks like lucasi, viscotti version has high and low points as you noticed..so what do you think how old is this cue?

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Thanks for your effort, it definitely looks like lucasi, viscotti version has high and low points as you noticed..so what do you think how old is this cue?

please post a pic of the joint rings...

but i believe they only made this cue with the first line up.. so i would say around the year 2002? give or take.. i cant remember exactly when they came out.. but it had to be around there...

chris

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to ask for a shot of the joint rings myself. I thought it looked like a Lucasi......

There have been several brand names put on cues that looked like these....I've posted some of them before. I do think this one is most likely Lucasi though, and as was said probably early. I would say about 01/02 is right I think.

The joint rings probably would help narrow it down.

Without the name it's possible it was sold under any of several other names. I still haven't nailed down all the brands that sold similar cues. The Adam name is something that was added to this cue I would think. Some cue dealers offer that service...like maybe Billiard Warehouse? I think they do it anyway.

I am unfamiliar with Adam using that script logo and just did another trademark search that revealed none like that used by Adam. That does not mean that Adam never did....but at this point I am thinking it is unlikely.

rickdf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adam

Here's my vintage sneaky pete. Probably from the early 90's.

Attachments

• adam sp3.jpg
    adam sp3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4,197

Vlad

PoolFool
Not sure if the cue in my avatar is an Adam cue, different "A" but my dad told me he bought it in the late 70s early 80s...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if the cue in my avatar is an Adam cue, different "A" but my dad told me he bought it in the late 70s early 80s...

Sure looks like an Adam to me, but it's a small pic. Post bigger pics! :thumbup:

Vlad

PoolFool
This is the only photo I have right now. Mine and my father's curs are kept at a pool hall I try to get a full pic tonight.

Thanks for welcoming me, I mostly lurk the site as its full of useful info

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 3,618

MCP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adams AH-37 Galaxie

Adams AH-37 Galaxie (Circa 1970s)

Attachments

• Galaxie.jpg
    Galaxie.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,550

Inferno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Rambo ~ Ritz ~ Blackstone ~ Unknown :cool:

I used to have a "Ritz" like the one in this forum. It was involuntarily relinquished many years ago along with my Meucci 97-11.
The Adams was my favorite cue of all time. I had that thing for 15 years and played it all the time. It was still pristine!

Now I have another Adams

AdamCue.jpg

One day I might just have another Ritz. If for no other reason, for sentimental purposes.