Linen to Leather Wrap

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey,

Was wondering who people recommend to change a linen wrap I have on my new Mezz to leather. Looking for someone who will do it well and has decent selection of leather.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've had both Seybert's and Proficient Billiards do leather wraps for me. Both did outstanding work and both had fast turn around times. I couldn't recommend one over the other.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could avoid shipping charges back and forth if you can find a local cue repair person to do the work.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had mine done at Spot On BIlliards from Justin on my Tiger sneaky just over 10 yrs ago,the leather wrap still looks great only catch is he's in Oakville Ontario Canada.

Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ryan Theewen (RAT Cues) is outstanding with modest pricing. He was employed at Mueller’s for years.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey,

Was wondering who people recommend to change a linen wrap I have on my new Mezz to leather. Looking for someone who will do it well and has decent selection of leather.
Maybe it was the particular kind of leather wrap but mine became quite slippery in dry weather to the extent that I had to tighten my grip on power shots to keep my had from slipping.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Like Bob's concern. I'd test grip em all before install. Yrs ago, it was the reason I sold my Zamboti. Too Slippery. I actually held the handle in my lap to keep it warm and the tack right.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Bob's concern. I'd test grip em all before install. Yrs ago, it was the reason I sold my Zamboti. Too Slippery. I actually held the handle in my lap to keep it warm and the tack right.
Wouldn’t it have been easier to change the wrap?

Island Drive

Silver Member
Wouldn’t it have been easier to change the wrap?
Ditto Bob....
I then went to a new Kirschenbrock, I liked the stickiness of the lacquer handle.
I needed to experience different grips, my game kept improving.
As I started playing better, I got into weekend play at the Reno pro events, then realized this. The crowds were bigger, inturn the room became more humid. On a close up simple straight back draw, my grip slipped.
Sold that, then talked to Nick, he recommended I switch to linen.
Growing in the Midwest with all the humidity, nicky told that linens the best when room conditions changed.
Ever since, linen.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had mine changed from linen to black leather by one of the guys at the BCA at the Riviera about 2010. Cost $100 back then and has held up perfectly to this day. Never slippery or to sticky.

I changed it for two reasons; First it was a white/green linen and was super dirty. Second, something was off with the glue in it. It would ooze out a bit of something (glue? old sweat?) and it put a stain on my table when I left it laying on it for a day or two.

Island Drive

Silver Member
But like bob said, a Zam or a Balabushka, it's not a good move to change the original trim on that vehicle.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From my experience of having wraps changed out- some cues with leather wraps have a slightly deeper channel cut in the handle to accommodate the leather's thickness. Cue repair persons sometimes have to make some handle alterations to keep a changed wrap perfectly even with the rest of the cue to the front and back of the wrap area.

So the thickness of the new leather wrap is key to replacing a linen wrap with leather as well- since a linen wrap channel could be too shallow and need to be sanded down a bit to allow the leather wrap to fit the cue perfectly. Only work with a cue repair person who fully understands this possibility- otherwise your new leather wrap replacing an existing linen wrap may sit too high on the cue handle.